Release Candidate Sent to Vivendi

fallout went down i guess. its not working at the moment.

Edit: just the forums did.

etzel90 said:
fallout went down i guess. its not working at the moment.

Edit: just the forums did.

[Rant]Good call announcing the RC at a website that can't handle heavy traffic, Gabe. :rolleyes:[/rantoff]

Well lets hope that Vivendi like the RC. It isn't entirely improbable that the might not find fault, although I'm quite sure they have seen the game to some degree. If any changes are required they probably can't be anything more than cosmetic at this stage.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo! :cheers:

I hope it goes gold damn soon! :imu:

omg so happy

...A few days later, people from Steam will report that Gabe's account was hacked yet again. :/ (I hope that doesn't happen)

I'm not getting myself overexcited again... Im just going to wait until the day its realeased so I don't get disapointed if this doens't come through.... which has happened last 30th....
oldfaq

That thread Gabe started is hilarious. "Yep"
He's calm

So yea it goes gold in a week but when does it actually come out?

lol MetaKnight, perhaps it is sensible to be a glass half empty guy when Valve is involved ;)

Nah... I have a feeling this is legit. Even if this RC doesn't get accepted, we still don't have much longer to wait. :)

I predict this thread to have more then 10 pages by saturday.

Omfg A Rc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vivendi!!! Valve!!!

Doug Lombardi!!! Sex Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadline said:
So yea it goes gold in a week but when does it actually come out?
Everygames different, RTW time period between gold and RD is about 10 days. For HL2 Im guessing 2 to 3 weeks after the gold announcment.

heh with our luck when Gabe said he sent the "RC" to "VU" he meant
"Reeces Candy".

Just heard the news. Nice to hear that they met a set date.

Now it turns to Vivendi. I wonder how many people they'll have checking on this game? This is the busiest time of the year, and there are also a ton of games getting their RC's in too.

I predict that we will hear nothing in the next 2 weeks. It depends on the job that Valve has done in removing all the bugs.

A True Canadian said:
Just heard the news. Nice to hear that they met a set date.

Now it turns to Vivendi. I wonder how many people they'll have checking on this game? This is the busiest time of the year, and there are also a ton of games getting their RC's in too.

I predict that we will hear nothing in the next 2 weeks. It depends on the job that Valve has done in removing all the bugs.
well considering VU's slouching revenues this year perhaps they have some incentive.

Mr. Redundant said:
"Reeces Candy".

Man, you're hilarious!

There's a new stain in my pants now. . .:(
OH WELL!
This was a ver pleasant suprise, wasn't expecting them to announce it or have it sent off by the 15th. NICE

Good news.

It'd be kinda funny if it went gold on the 30th. You know, in a perverse way.

This is great news. Now I can stop visiting this site and devote all my time to the duke nukem forever forums

Mr. Redundant said:
"Reeces Candy".

:LOL:
post of the day :E
anyway all humour aside, im sure Mr. Redundant as much as anyone else here welcomes this news because i remember him being one of the more annoyed pple (i was getting just a tad annoyed as TBH) because of all the missed dates.

hopefully this a sign of things changing :thumbs:

dkelly said:
:eek: I'm not even going to guess what that means.. you racist bastard. :p
dhurp, french isn't a race, its a nationality

but yes, I'm very excited about this. I just hope its not another one of valve's stunts.

wohoooo :D its exactly 2 weeks until sept 30th now :D hope it will come then

Chris_D said:
We reported just under two weeks ago that Valve were indeed aiming for a September 15th date for submitting the release candidate to Vivendi and today the man himself, Gabe Newell, has confirmed:Naturally people are bound to be sceptic of this forum post, especially considering the incident with the fake gold announcment recently; however I have personally confirmed it with Gabe and so have a few other people too. From here on I'd like to urge everybody not to contact Gabe for anymore confirmations. There's only so many times in one day you can reply "yes" to an e-mail![br]
[br]

Sorry to throw some salt in the machinery but ehh, what if vivendi find some ehhh BUGS!. ;) ?

Another 2-3 months to wait ?

------------------------------------------------------------
" - There you go again,
- why can't u just think positive,
- it's a beutifull machine it will work"

From Joe3DR (3dRealms employee) at the 3DRealms forums :
Just going release candidate means nothing.

There was one game in our past that had something like 12 or 13 Release Candidates.

Don't get your hopes up too high...

oh yeah, cuz lord know 3DR is just a dirth of info on gaming. They have treated their community like complete mushrooms and the game has been in dev hell for how long now? 8-9 years. Oh yeah, lets gain some of THEIR gaming know-how. :dozey:

MetaKnight said:
...A few days later, people from Steam will report that Gabe's account was hacked yet again. :/ (I hope that doesn't happen)

Gabe: sorry all, someone guessed my password again..... i figured "gnewell" was a better one, i guess i was wrong :-(

SubForce said:
oh yeah, cuz lord know 3DR is just a dirth of info on gaming. They have treated their community like complete mushrooms and the game has been in dev hell for how long now? 8-9 years. Oh yeah, lets gain some of THEIR gaming know-how. :dozey:

They are game developers, they made DukeNukem3D, they know better than anyone what RC means...no need to bring up the DNF fiasco...it's completely irrelevant to the Quote.

You ask any game developer out there they'll say the same.

RC means nothing as long as Vivendi hasn't given it the green light. Hell as far as i'm concirned Valve could be sending RC's to Vivendi for years. When Vivendi has given the big OK that's when i'll be throwing a HL2 fanboy fit.

Just keep it sane...

So HL2 will probably come out a couple of weeks into my uni course....ah well I don't need a degree anyway

they're going to try and rush it if this copy meets standards, i say a sept 31st release

Fantastic news!!!! I don’t know what Vivendi do to test the games readiness, I guess they have a group of guys who will be playing HL2 morning noon and night to spot any bugs. IMO with the beta testing of CS:S will have worked out and engine bugs so anything they find will probably be map related which will be a damn site quicker to fix than the source engine.

ok thats a good news but still I will not overexcite
I will excited until I see a review or domethign like that

Back