Release Candidate Sent to Vivendi

Release Candidate

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the game to come out after the Release Candidate has been sent? The question was asked before, but no one answered. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Great news, I think I just shit myself with excitement.. oh... no i didn't...wait... aw damn not again

Dr. Freeman said:
:LOL:
post of the day :E
anyway all humour aside, im sure Mr. Redundant as much as anyone else here welcomes this news because i remember him being one of the more annoyed pple (i was getting just a tad annoyed as TBH) because of all the missed dates.

hopefully this a sign of things changing :thumbs:

oh indeed I welcome it, but I still approach it with a bit of skepticism, valve sending VU an RC really shoudlnt incite the joy that we feel. (shows how badly done for we are when it comes to news.. any news)

the rc could mean absolutely nothing, or everything, however I will keep my happyness stiffled until something more noteworthy comes along.. like gone gold.

jackytreehornn said:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the game to come out after the Release Candidate has been sent? The question was asked before, but no one answered. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It depends solely on the publisher after the RC is sent. We can only hope that VU/Sierra has HL2 as its top priority. The original only took some 48 hours to be approved, so we may get lucky and the game go gold by as early as this weekend.

HOORAY!!!! FINALLY A MAJOR, MAJOR STEP!!!!

oh... wait... what's this?? valve was hacked again??

all of source lost!?!?!
gabe's password was gabeisgod??

project slated!?!?!?!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kills self*

Hish said:
yo everybody, party at my place :naughty:

/me brings kegs of beer :bounce: :farmer:

"and there was much rejocing for all was right with the world once again. "

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT to the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT to the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT hello :)

WOOOOOOOOOOO i say we get a release date in 2 weeks :) and will prob ship in october :)

$10 says Vivendi will find a bunch of small bugs that don't affect the game, then delay it for two more weeks. :-X

Anyway, good news.

RabidMeatloaf said:
$10 says Vivendi will find a bunch of small bugs that don't affect the game, then delay it for two more weeks. :-X

Anyway, good news.
or find a reason regardless to delay it for a holidays release.

Well I've just picked myself up 6 litres of NZ's finest pale ale (Tui of course) so I'm going to start celebrating rather soon....

This occaision calls for a post...
eh-hemm...
To a happy Half-Life, and a cool tool to have a happy-wife! :cheers:

im not being optimistic , ill be pessimistic..

pessimists cant be disapointed *points out to valve*

oh man, i just realized vivendi is based in france.
It;ll take 2 weeks just for the RC to get there!
Oh Noes!!!
;D

Orange said:
oh man, i just realized vivendi is based in france.
It;ll take 2 weeks just for the RC to get there!
Oh Noes!!!
;D

Did you ever think they would UPLOAD the files? lmao

:sniper:
Woot!!!

If i hadnt been reading the forums i would have had a heart attack when my pre order came in the mail its been so long i had already given up.

Places a few dorks up for target practice. :sniper: :dork: :dork:

this is fantastic news!!! I say Gold within a week - fingers crossed & shipping in early October!!

its so close you can smell the ashes.... LOL

oMarKs said:
So HL2 will probably come out a couple of weeks into my uni course....ah well I don't need a degree anyway

That's hilarious. Someone will get a nice signature from that

Oh, its not France where Vivendi Universal is located, its in Las Angeles, California (6080 Center Drive - 10th Floor). France is where their INTERNATIONAL headquarters are located. I'm sure they're not sending the RC to Fro..g.France.

I raise my cup of tea as a toast and I just hope Vivendi don't find some crippling bug that makes your PC do something horrific like implode or vote Republican or something.

Me and U Buddy, Me and U. But Unfortunately I think Duke Nukem Forever has another 1-2 years development to go, and atleast 1 more engine change. ;( Oh yea and way to go VALVE, im proud to say I've been converted to a valve fanboy thus VALVE=QUALITY. HL2 Collector's Edition here i come along with any future valve-produced titles. I won't even need to see a screenshot ill buy on faith alone.

anarchy said:
This is great news. Now I can stop visiting this site and devote all my time to the duke nukem forever forums

whoopedidoo!! *let's get retarded .. let's get retarded -in here!-*

Thats very possible, everyone knows the Republican party has funded a group of elite virii makers to allegedly create a virus that affects only voting machines..... spread via Wi-Fi ofcourse. :p

el Chi said:
I raise my cup of tea as a toast and I just hope Vivendi don't find some crippling bug that makes your PC do something horrific like implode or vote Republican or something.

oMarKs said:
So HL2 will probably come out a couple of weeks into my uni course....ah well I don't need a degree anyway

I hear that.

Looks like I'll be getting a 2:1 in Combine Pwning Studies. :sniper:

Thats a BA btw, not a Bsc.

ARGHOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm good news guys :D

Back