Release Info from HLR/HLS = not reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can’t imagine that Valve would ever use such an _______ means to pass out important information. Here’s proof from the TOP

Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 12:44 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Clearing up some LH2 rumors on the HL2.net forums.
There are reports/rumors floating round that....
-------------------------------
(Source = www.halflifesource.com)

"Valve will deliver the finished game to Vivendi Universal within a few weeks. However, Vivendi is telling us that they hope to have the game on the store shelves by the fall."
-------------------------------
I'm not asking whether or not this information is 'true' or asking for a release date, but is this information indeed reliable?

Best Wishes,
Jonathan Griffin
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 11:40 AM
Subject: RE: Clearing up some LH2 rumors on the HL2.net forums.

Not from us.

Hmm... at least now we know the truth... now it's time to email Gabe and ask him when HL2 will come out :E

EDIT: hehe, one post ago was my 100th post :)

I really hope it doesn't get pushed to Fall..

You know whats probably delaying the game more than anything now -

Little wannabe fan boys emailing Valve every 5 seconds asking inane questions about release dates and such...

And Valve being the nice people they are feel they have to respond or you will flame them for being rude.

Jeez, just leave em' alone to finish the game !

I knew this already and so did 95% of hte people here....but instead of having to argue with the remaining 5%, I decided to put it all down at once by going straight to the source.

Score
HL2.net: 78
HLR/HLS: 0

Phantomdesign, do you solemly swear that you got that email from Gabe Newell, so help you Murno? :)

Okay so what's LH2?......:rolleyes:

EDIT: It's HL2 stupid me....:E That email better be true..

phantomdesign said:
I knew this already and so did 95% of hte people here....but instead of having to argue with the remaining 5%, I decided to put it all down at once by going straight to the source.

Score
HL2.net: 78
HLR/HLS: 0
most of the people from HLR won't believe this anyway, so I don't see an end to the argument unfortunately.

EDIT: 78?! :O When did all of this happen? :p

Doesn't HLR have at least some points? I mean they did have the voices of Father Grigori and Alyx on their show....

The Mullinator said:
most of the people from HLR won't believe this anyway, so I don't see an end to the argument unfortunately.

EDIT: 78?! :O When did all of this happen? :p
One point here...another point there. It all adds up. This being a +1 for HL2.net. Actually, technically HLS/HLR should be in the negative.

phantomdesign said:
One point here...another point there. It all adds up. This being a +1 for HL2.net. Actually, technically HLS/HLR should be in the negative.
lol, I guess they should be in the negative.

Anyway I was just taking a look over there and my suspicians seem correct so far, someone from here posted the e-mail and they say the e-mail is fake and that "HL2.net is up to there dirty tricks again."

Oh well, we will find out if they are right once the game is finally released. I also hope this doesn't errupt into another site flaming on both sides like before, those always get ugly. :x

Stop site bashing...you don't want this thread closed now do you....

First time I've heard anything about the HL2.net email. Let me check into it and get back to you.

Dave Newton's email at HLS. This doesn't prove anything... Gabe doesn't know that was posted here.

Dude, he just made that email up to bash phantom, even he didn't mean it seriously.

Apos said:
Dude, he just made that email up to bash phantom, even he didn't mean it seriously.

Hmm....whatever..:)

Glenn from HLS said:
Lalalala.. HL2 net has done shit like this before to this community and this recent fake email they posted is nothing new to the masses. They have an admin over there who has personal issues with any rival site and for some reason finds it a struggle to proclaim the community as his own. Truth is, only a small percentage of HL2 fans even visit HL2 net. Just drop it already and stay over there if you can't behave.

I like backing up my claims with proof...

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=halflife2.net
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=halflifesource.com
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=halfliferadio.com

How do they have more views when their forums are so tiny?

HLSource:
Threads: 3,680, Posts: 34,405, Members: 7,761

HL2.net
Threads: 23,093, Posts: 489,483, Members: 14,036

Arrogant fools of HL2.NET....you will all die!!!!!!!...

:)

Maybe Gabe should ask them and ask for a retraction? After all, they did sorta 'invent' information about Valve's product.

This is a post by winterman on the Penny Arcade forums.

I am a lurker on these forums but when I saw this post I felt it necessary to register.

This is not a good source! This is a horrible source. If you look at DJ list this site is headed by Andy Hodges who is notoriously hated by the TFC (Team fortress classic) community. No one takes this guy seriously at all.

He does anything to get people to come onto his radio show including making things up. A month back he claimed to be at E3 and have Gabe Newell appear on the show. When listeners tuned in, he simply read off "news" about HL2 that has been known for months.

He also heads the league, www.realcombat.com. He claims to have the most active league in the community by using stats such as the amount of people visiting his forums at any given time. If you go to his forums, you will see he fakes the amount of people on his forums ie. 12 members and 412 guests. Anyone who has pointed it out has been banned from his league and that's after they paid to join it.

I can't even count the amount of stunts this guy has pulled. He has ripped site layouts from website's like MTV.com for his network. Overall he is just a compulsive liar.

Yeah this Andy guy clearly lied and had no information for us other than what we know. I don't know about the rest of the stuff but I believe it.

Kirix said:
This is a post by winterman on the Penny Arcade forums.

Yeah this Andy guy clearly lied and had no information for us other than what we know. I don't know about the rest of the stuff but I believe it.

nice find, but you better edit that out before we get accused of faking that aswell...

But they did have a recorded interview with Gabe at e3, albiet not a call-in with questions as they originally announced.

Six Three said:
nice find, but you better edit that out before we get accused of faking that aswell...

I don't see why anyone would go against it, they could find the forum post on Penny Arcade. And they know it is true that Andy bullshitted us.

And I know you were being sarcastic.

Kirix said:
I don't see why anyone would go against it, they could find the forum post on Penny Arcade. And they know it is true that Andy bullshitted us.

And I know you were being sarcastic.

could you give us the direct link to it?

Yeah it seems either my account has been disabled or it hasn't been enabled yet. It's not like I was going to go on a HLR hate spree I listen to the show once in a while and have been meaning to register but haven't been able to for some reason. >:-\

Six Three said:
sorry for the double post, but I'm pleased to announce that I have been banned from www.halflifesource.com for reasons unknown :)

Duh ;), that's what happens when you discredit someone's site. Same thing happens here....:)

Kirix said:
Yeah it seems either my account has been disabled or it hasn't been enabled yet. It's not like I was going to go on a HLR hate spree I listen to the show once in a while and have been meaning to register but haven't been able to for some reason. >:-\

They ban all hl2.net members because we post proof of there lies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back