Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

• Total voters

ray_MAN

Tank
Reaction score
Who would win in a map that had trees for Snake and pipes for Sam. I think Sam would win because he'd whip out his awesome knife and hang from a tree.

Snake can also hang from trees and has a knife also theres his awesome CQC stuff but i just think Sam Fisher would have a slight advantage

Solidsnake can take on a walking battleship, it's no contest.

Right you are, Grey Fox. Snake is also cooler.

Grey Fox said:
Solidsnake can take on a walking battleship, it's no contest.

In the MGS world he can, but in the Splinter Cell world they don't pause for hour long flashbacks, while Snake is having acid trips *BAM* Sam just knifes him.

Sam. His equipment is far more advanced than Snake's.

Heh, somebody read my post in the Gordon Freeman vs Sam Fisher thread. :D

Sam...because his games are far, far, superior to MGS games (and yes I have played the mgs games)

Zeus said:
Sam...because his games are far, far, superior to MGS games (and yes I have played the mgs games)

Ditto and ditto

Pipes are higher up than trees, Sam would have the height advantage and would win.

I have never played Splinter Cell... But Snake was a cool character when I played the MGS1 demo when I was a wee lad

Zeus said:
get your flame shield

jimbo118 said:
get your flame shield

Story - MGS

Graphics - Splinter Cell

Gameplay (As in, stealth) - Splinter Cell

Environments - Splinter Cell

Too much story filler and useless stuff - MGS

When you do a versus thread, I think the two characters in hand-to-hand combat, not each guy with his best shit. So, in that case, Sam wins hands down. Play Chaos Theory to know why.

Now, if they had all of their greatest weapons, obviously Snake would win, because, well, he has a FAMAS, Nikita ****ing surface-to-air rocket launcher, and everything else.

Sam is sneaky, Snake is not, therefore, Sam is better in CQC.

Dalamari said:
Story - MGS

Graphics - Splinter Cell

Gameplay (As in, stealth) - Splinter Cell

Environments - Splinter Cell

Too much story filler and useless stuff - MGS
story-metal gear
music-metal
ambience-metal gear
sound-metal gear
replay value-metal gear,sp anyway
graphics-metal gear is ps2 so duh,sc,although mg3 is the best looking ps2 game 4 me
gameplay-overall metal gear,boss fights etc,less linear,less samey,
environments-mgs3's jungle was awesome

AI:METAL GEAR!!!!!!

jimbo118 said:
story-metal gear
music-metal
ambience-metal gear
sound-metal gear
graphics-metal gear is ps2 so duh,sc,although mg3 is the best looking ps2 game 4 me

Multiplayer, ****ing owned.

jimbo118 said:
story-metal gear
music-metal
ambience-metal gear
sound-metal gear

QFE, how could anybody say sc has better gameplay, it's a complete ripoff of mgs2, just with a different perspective, which is enough to make it interesting, and besides mgs is always different, every mgs game has is really original, sc might aswell come form EA, it's exactly like an EA game, and franchise is certanly beeing handled like EA would handle it.

Edit: ooh and did I say snake has a soliton radar. Snake can even see the vison filed of sam. And he defeated liquid snake( well not techincally, fox die killed liquid), the cooles character ever in a video game, and if he is lucky enough to kill him then ficher doesn't stand a chance.

Foxtrot said:
Multiplayer, ****ing owned.
I said sp,or cant you read?ps2 online is s*it anyway,and sc mp isnt very impressive to me,fu*king owned yourself

jimbo118 said:
I said sp,or cant you read?ps2 online is s*it anyway,and sc mp isnt very impressive to me,fu*king owned yourself
I can read, but that is like me saying SC > MGS because SC came out first (ignoring MGS1 and 2).

B-MAn said:
Snake can also hang from trees and has a knife also theres his awesome CQC stuff but i just think Sam Fisher would have a slight advantage
That's Naked Snake.

Foxtrot said:
I can read, but that is like me saying SC > MGS because SC came out first (ignoring MGS1 and 2).
how did you get that from what i said?

Actually I prefere Naked Snake(Big Boss) to Solid.Far funnier guy (Get into the Cardboard Box in Snake Eater and Call up SIGINT and you'll see what I mean)
I cant really decide as both games a very well made and Play like a dream.

However since its a personal thing not about graphics or gameplay(Im assuming you just want me to size up the two characters) I'd go for Snake
Much more back story,a far more interesting character,Is the clone of the greatest warrior ever known(But I still think that if Big Boss was in his prime,he'd beat Solid) and he's beaten 3 Walking Death Mobiles with little outside Help.Also Solid has had much more Expierience then Sam Fisher.

jimbo118 said:
how did you get that from what i said?
Because you said MGS has more replay value than SC, excluding multiplayer. Multiplayer was a HUGE part of SC, a lot of time and resources went into making it and that is also what I spent 90% of my time playing.

The_Monkey said:
Never heard of them.

Solitua Snakeua
mgs2_solid_photo_01_dl.jpg

Sam Fisher
sam_fisher.jpg

Tough fight... But I think Snake would win, he’s made of steel.

Snake. Duh.

Giant Metal Gears go dead because of him.

Snake has to pause to equip his weapons, on the other hand, Sam just takes his off, puts new ones on in seconds. Sam has Lambert and Grim to tell him where Snake is it any given time, during real time. Snake would have to pause to talk to the Colonel.

Foxtrot said:
Because you said MGS has more replay value than SC, excluding multiplayer. Multiplayer was a HUGE part of SC, a lot of time and resources went into making it and that is also what I spent 90% of my time playing.
oh ok you should have made it more obvious as to what part of my post you were implying,i did say sp replay value though but yeah mp obviously has replay value

Voodoo_Chile said:
Actually I prefere Naked Snake(Big Boss) to Solid.Far funnier guy (Get into the Cardboard Box in Snake Eater and Call up SIGINT and you'll see what I mean)
I cant really decide as both games a very well made and Play like a dream.

However since its a personal thing not about graphics or gameplay(Im assuming you just want me to size up the two characters) I'd go for Snake
Much more back story,a far more interesting character,Is the clone of the greatest warrior ever known(But I still think that if Big Boss was in his prime,he'd beat Solid) and he's beaten 3 Walking Death Mobiles with little outside Help.Also Solid has had much more Expierience then Sam Fisher.
thats 1 of the major probs i have with sam,he has no characterisation whatsoever,i couldnt care less about him tbh when i play sc,whereas snake has a past etc thats quite interestng

Because Sam is just another soldier. If you play SCCT, someone (not going to spoil anything) offers Sam a job, and Sam denies it. The person says Sam is just going to be another forgotten soldier, and Sam says he's not in it for the fame. Which is true about most soldiers, they do what they have to, not to make them look like a hero.

Snake is more of the John Rambo guy, which in reality, always gets you killed. I mean, shit, if you've played SC:CT how can you say Snake is cooler? I mean, damn, he's just so efficient.

You guys are also stating false things. How in the world does Snake have more experience than Sam? Fisher's only been working with the government for basically his entire life, and even if Snake had been too, I think Sam is a lot older than Snake.

jimbo118 said:
oh ok you should have made it more obvious as to what part of my post you were implying,i did say sp replay value though but yeah mp obviously has replay value
It is OK, I was trying to come off as an ass.

It's a tough call...I might be inclined to give the edge to Snake....

But, the dude has a mullet...nuff said...we have a tie.

Lt. Drebin said:
It's a tough call...I might be inclined to give the edge to Snake....

But, the dude has a mullet...nuff said...we have a tie.
in mgs1 he didnt have the mullet and looked badass

Back