Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

• Total voters
OCybrManO said:
It's not "Who is the most emotionally deep character?"

If it's not the best character, it completely depends on luck, and the enviroment.

I mean, in order to have a completely fair battle, the contestants would be stripped of all weapons, and the arena would be a big open space (Otherwise snake could just blow up Sam with a rocket launcher, or they would both just hide for the whole fight). In this situation Snake would win outright. He'd just run up to sam and break his neck.

In an urban enviroment, with weapons, it would probally be down to luck... basically, if one of them was to gain an advantage in stealth (if snake got behind same or vice versa) the fight would be over.

It's actually pretty equal in terms of fighting capabilities... Except snake is obviosuly better at close quater fighting, and sam is probally a bit better at hiding / sneaking...

But isn't what I just said really quite boring? I'm even boring myself. Emotion is much more interesting to write about! :D

*edit* wtf, every time I typed "sam" I instinctively spelt it "same"... strange

Suicide42 said:
Did you even read it? I was stating how Snake is such a compelling character, who gradually evolves through the game, and drags you down; immersing you into his state of mind and making you witness the thorough emotions that plague him, hound him and drive him the the edges of his wavering sanity- and it is this depth that makes Snake such an involving character.

Yes, I did read it. And I'm sorry for never experiencing the deep emotional involvement you had with Snake. I personally think that the plots for the MGS series often got ridiculous. It succeeded in pulling me out of the game rather than into it.

How Snake made you feel says nothing about how he would fair against Sam Fisher.

Absinthe said:
Yes, I did read it. And I'm sorry for never experiencing the deep emotional involvement you had with Snake. I personally think that the plots for the MGS series often got ridiculous. It succeeded in pulling me out of the game rather than into it.

How Snake made you feel says nothing about how he would fair against Sam Fisher.

Maybe not... but it does influence how people will care on the outcome. From you Sam Fisher guys, you seem to be cold, unfeeling automatons. :p

So while you are fairly confident in your belief that he would win... you couldn't give a shit either way. Heh.

We-ll, are we discussing who has the better game, who would win in a fight or who is the better character?

My opinion: Snake has the better game (bear in mind I haven't played SC3), Snake would probably win in a fight as he seems to be just as skilled at mowing down scores of enemies as he is at sneaking - but their characters are both about as good, due to Fisher's amusing sarcasm and cynical nature.

Axyon said:
Thief, exactly - that would be a much better matchup than MGS. Sam versus Garrett would make an interesting fight.

Garret would. I'd like to see Sam take his eye (and the Eye) from right under a god's nose. And if Garret had modern weaponry...
And, although I haven't played MGS, I'd say Snake would win, just because I dislike Sam and Splinter Cell in general. Dull game, just an ultra-linear versions of Hitman.

*raises flame shield*

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes all day on my Gamecube and i gotta say

Solid Snake totally sucks balls compared to Sam Fisher.

Snake is just your average 2D badass. Sam is pretty much the same thing but at he's consistently cynical towards everything. And Sam sounds way cooler then Snake does, thanks to Michael Ironhand or whatever his name is (That sergeant guy from Starship Troopers, you know, the badass with one arm). Snake sounds like Alec Baldwin crossed with Clint Eastwood, and reminds me of what Max Payne would sound like with constipation. I dont know why but thats just what comes to mind.

but i haven't completed any MGS games yet, so i'll get back you when i have.

And after reading Sui's post about Meryl, Snake and all that jazz, it appears that it has almost nothing to do with Snake and all to do the game's connection to the player through making them care about other characters. I.E: Meryl.

Pffttt They both suck. Sgt Cortez would kick both their asses.

Sparta said:
And after reading Sui's post about Meryl, Snake and all that jazz, it appears that it has almost nothing to do with Snake and all to do the game's connection to the player through making them care about other characters. I.E: Meryl.

It puts you in Snake's shoes, which helps you to relate to him; see the world in the same war-orientated pesimism as him. The game and the character's context are just as important then the character themselves, anyway.

Snake is just your average 2D badass.

Who is completely disillusioned with the world of shooting, fighting, secret operations but despite himself only feels alive when he's engaging in such antics, hates himself for that, is also cynical and cracks wise about things, and despite the fact that he was literally made to be a killer has managed to break free, foster relationships and now believes in fighting for what you believe in above all else? Doesn't sound much more 2D than Sam Fisher to me.

well in hand to hand i dont know who would win but in stealth definetly sam fisher because that is his job. mgs is anime on steroids turned into a game. i mean i started playing it on ps2 at my cousins house and it took about 30 mins to get to the game and quite frankly snake is a pussy.

You wanna talk about how conflicted Snake is? Well, feel free to load me up with more ammo.

If Sam is such a cold and single-minded killer, then I guess I could depend on him for efficiency and results.

Axyon said:
I don't know how many times he's made me chuckle with an inappropriately-timed dry comment.

"You mean, I'm gonna hit one for the gipper?"
"What the hell does that mean anyway?"

"Sam, what the hell do you think you're doing?"
"He asked for it."

well Solid Snake eats rabbits. cute, fluffy, rabbits. Did you ever see Same Fisher eat a rabbit? I DONT THINK SO!!
Snake wins.

Sulkdodds said:
Who is completely disillusioned with the world of shooting, fighting, secret operations but despite himself only feels alive when he's engaging in such antics, hates himself for that, is also cynical and cracks wise about things, and despite the fact that he was literally made to be a killer has managed to break free, foster relationships and now believes in fighting for what you believe in above all else? Doesn't sound much more 2D than Sam Fisher to me.
Yeah thats a little more indepth but really just standard action hero stuff now-a-days. I mean, take John McClane from the Die Hard movies. He's a hopeless drunk, sarcastic bastard with loads of problems in his job and at home. Average stuff really.

Axyon said:
"Sam, what the hell do you think you're doing?"
"He asked for it."

"What?"
"Yeah, you must be a ninja."
"Look, I'm gonna kill you if you don't shut up"
"Wow, killed by a ninja. *gasp* So cool."

At that point I shoved a knife through his back. Made alot of noise on that 'ninja wood' crap :|

"What?"
"Yeah, you must be a ninja."
"Look, I'm gonna kill you if you don't shut up"
"Wow, killed by a ninja. *gasp* So cool."

:LOL:

That really happens?

I've only been arguing for Snake because I like his game better...but Sam is a great character too. Especially like the 'hi, honey, how was school? Oh sorry, my beeper's going. I've just gotta go and snap someone's neck' sort of thing.

Finished MGS Twin Snakes on Gamecube on Saturday night and i must say........

Metal Gear Solid totally sucks balls in every way when compared to anything in the Splinter Cell series. and Sam Fisher totally kicks Snakes ass in every aspect.

Sam: "Lasers? Lasers are so...."
Grimsdottir: "90's?"
Sam: "I was gonna say 70's.. God damnit, stop making me look old!"
Grimsdottir: "Hey, bad news Sam, you ARE old!"

I absolutely love Sam and his sense humour throughout the missions.

I think Snake is the only person who has ever been snuck up on by a guy on steroids in a huge metal suit, atleast Sam always has the advantage of being hidden. Most people will call Snake a stealth operative like Sam, but I consider Snake more of a Navy SEAL or something, since he sticks more to guns than Sam

So in a fight snake would win cause he has more expirience fighting. But people this is not about who the cooler character is, it's about who would beat who. I mean superman would beat them both with his superpowers, but he's totally lame.

StardogChampion said:
Snake has long hair so Sam might mistake him for a woman, and Sam doesn't kill women...
He does, and has killed women. You had to do it in Pandora Tomorrow.

Sam Fisher is old but i know he has some close combat skills with his knive :D

snake guy has a mullet ...automatically disqualifies him in my book

Back