Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

• Total voters
Number of giant robots defeated by Sam Fisher : 0
Number of giant robots defeated by Solid Snake: 7 (approximately)

Until I see Sam Fisher roar down a runway on a motorcycle with guards, a helicopter, and a giant robot in hot pursuit, he's gonna be second in my book.

Direwolf said:

Until I see Sam Fisher roar down a runway on a motorcycle with guards, a helicopter, and a giant robot in hot pursuit, he's gonna be second in my book.
Number of giant robots defeated by Solid Snake had he been set inside the realistic and believable world of Sam Fisher: 0

Axyon said:
Number of giant robots defeated by Solid Snake had he been set inside the realistic and believable world of Sam Fisher: 0

In fishers world it would have been easier, snake would not need so many rockets do defeat metal gear, and a metal gear would be far clumsier.

Direwolf said:

Number of giant robots with nuclear weapons attached in the real world:0.

If you believ fishers wolrd is real, you need to go to a doctor.

Grey Fox said:
If you believ fishers wolrd is real, you need to go to a doctor.

Actually Fisher's world is a LOT more belivable than snake's. In the real world you wouldn't expect some cyborg ninja or some guy who can control his bullets to come at you but you could definitly see sneaking up behind a guy and interrogating him, ect..

We aren't doing a fight in Fisher or Snake's world. They were in a map
ray_MAN said:
that had trees for Snake and pipes for Sam.

Direwolf said:

And yet, Solid Snake didn't do that either...

Zeus said:
Actually Fisher's world is a LOT more belivable than snake's. In the real world you wouldn't expect some cyborg ninja or some guy who can control his bullets to come at you but you could definitly see sneaking up behind a guy and interrogating him, ect..

And? It still is far from real, so the argument that there are no giant walking robots in the real world is useless.

Sir Phoenixx said:
And yet, Solid Snake didn't do that either...

Yes he did, well as naked snake/big boss, but it's still snake.

It's a Snake, and since they're cloned from each other I can't say the difference is really enough to nitpick over.
Plus Solid could have done it if he wanted to. :D

Snake's a whole lot cooler than Sam, though.

Unless we want to talk Serious Sam.

KU_ said:
Funny you should say the Splinter Cell games sucked, when SC3 has an average ratio of 95% on www.gamerankings.com While MGS3 maintains a 92%. Don't get me wrong, I love both games, but to say a game sucks when it has received great praise is just stupid.

To me, they sucked. To you, it may be great. Its called an opinion.

Tinneth said:
To me, they sucked. To you, it may be great. Its called an opinion.
Yep, you can't really deny someone else's opinion. I don't particularly like Splinter Cell either.

Grey Fox said:
Yes he did, well as naked snake/big boss, but it's still snake.
You still said Solid Snake, not Big Boss, Naked Snake, or even just Snake.

It's a Snake, and since they're cloned from each other I can't say the difference is really enough to nitpick over.
It's still two different people.

So, if I were to say Solid Snake died in the end of MGS and got his arm surgically attached to Revolver Ocelot in MGS2, even though it was Liquid Snake, I'd still be correct since they're both "Snakes", right?

Well, thanks captain obvious. But in your original post you didn't state it was your opinion. And your opinion is different from basically all the reviewers.

I appreciate the Splinter Cell games. They really are great.
At the same time none of those games have dropped my jaw and made me mutter something along the lines of "Holy God" when something happened onscreen.
So far all three 3D Metal Gear Games have done that for me.

SOLID SNAKE.

Solid snake is the ultimate warrior. He has been cloned from Big Boss himself, who helped create the ultimate fighting style- CQC - and single handedly took on the Boss and her Cobra unit. But that's not the best part of Snake's profile, oh no. You see, Snake was the "defect" clone of Big Boss. He was created simply so that Liquid and Solidus could live. He recieved all of Big Bosses infiriour genes...

...Which were probally his best. You see, Solidus and liquid are arrogant, agressive, unruly and hasty. They are the side of Big Boss that likes to rush into things, using brute force and not a care in the world for the concequences. But Solid Snake is different... Snake... he tends to be more careful. He slithers past his enemies, gaining an advantage through stealth, and then pounces. He also has some other "defected" genes... the genes that allow him to love. To care. To carry an emotion into battle. You see, you can't fight for the goverment or anyone else. You have to set your own rules, fight for what you believe in, so that you can sculpt a better tomorrow.

And that's why Snake wins. He has something to believe in. And what does Snake belive in, you ask? Well now, Why don't you ask him yourself...? :)

*edit* Just to say, I take pride in my imagionation, which is why I like MGS. I mean, why would I want to play Splinter cell when I could just play a game that has an amazing story, as well as characters you come to sympathise with... and care for.

Metal Gear Solid, In my opinion, is the best game EVER made. I would choose t o play MGS over HalfLife2 any day. I even like it better than WoW, and that's saying something.

Suicide42 said:
SOLID SNAKE.

Solid snake is the ultimate warrior. He has been cloned from Big Boss himself, who helped create the ultimate fighting style- CQC - and single handedly took on the Boss and her Cobra unit. But that's not the best part of Snake's profile, oh no. You see, Snake was the "defect" clone of Big Boss. He was created simply so that Liquid and Solidus could live. He recieved all of Big Bosses infiriour genes...

...Which were probally his best. You see, Solidus and liquid are arrogant, agressive, unruly and hasty. They are the side of Big Boss that likes to rush into things, using brute force and not a care in the world for the concequences. But Solid Snake is different... Snake... he tends to be more careful. He slithers past his enemies, gaining an advantage through stealth, and then pounces. He also has some other "defected" genes... the genes that allow him to love. To care. To carry an emotion into battle. You see, you can't fight for the goverment or anyone else. You have to set your own rules, fight for what you believe in, so that you can sculpt a better tomorrow.

And that's why Snake wins. He has something to believe in. And what does Snake belive in, you ask? Well now, Why don't you ask him yourself...? :)

*edit* Just to say, I take pride in my imagionation, which is why I like MGS. I mean, why would I want to play Splinter cell when I could just play a game that has an amazing story, as well as characters you come to sympathise with... and care for.

Metal Gear Solid, In my opinion, is the best game EVER made. I would choose t o play MGS over HalfLife2 any day. I even like it better than WoW, and that's saying something.
MGS was the one on Shadow Moses or something wasn't it? Where you start off and you go up that elevator onto that snowy island? That was pretty cool. Never played the full game though.

Suicide42 said:
SOLID SNAKE.

QFT, that made me cry.

Snake and Sam fish VS. Omi, serious sam and that guy from 3D monstermaze castle

team 2 would definatly win.

Suicide42 said:
SOLID SNAKE.

*SNIFF* I love you man ;(

oh yeah sparta you should definately check out mgs1,do you have a ps1?if you have a gamecube you could get the remake,you really should play it,it was a landmark game

In the end, snake isn't that stealthy. He always gets caught so easily. But he makes up for that by being a really good figher, Sam is just mr sneaky and in the end would get torn to pieces by snake

What I didn't get about that when I heard that ingame, is if Solid Snake got the inferior/recessive genes and Liquid Snake got the superior/dominant genes, how is it that Solid is the one that looks exactly like Big Boss? The recessive genes are the ones that didn't show up, Solid Snake would have looked differently, Liquid Snake would have been the one that looked like Big Boss.

solid dyed his hair, and as for liquid, well I forgot his explenation, but you should check out a mg fansite for that, just google it.

but you should check out a mg fansite for that
Those "explanations" came from a MGS fansite? They're not correct unless it comes from Konami and/or Hideo Kojima.

Solid Snake BY FAR!

Metal Gear Solid was one of the greatest games of all time. The story, dialogue, characters. Everything was perfect. If i would have to pick 3 best games of all time. They would be:

Deus Ex
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Solid

All 1st place.

also snakes knows nothing else but war etc,hes a loner who lives in the wilderness in alaska living off the flaura and fauna whereas sam is at home babysitting his daughters love child :hmph:

Sir Phoenixx said:
What I didn't get about that when I heard that ingame, is if Solid Snake got the inferior/recessive genes and Liquid Snake got the superior/dominant genes, how is it that Solid is the one that looks exactly like Big Boss? The recessive genes are the ones that didn't show up, Solid Snake would have looked differently, Liquid Snake would have been the one that looked like Big Boss.

you are wrong is the oposite

It's fairly obvious that the series of Snakes have been designed with the intention of appealing to the masses, while Sam is just there as a believable character, who appears to have a much more 'niche' fanbase. Sam will always be my favourite of the two, though... I must point out that some of the arguments as to why Snake is better are really quite ridiculous and laughable. Heh.

Axyon said:
It's fairly obvious that the series of Snakes have been designed with the intention of appealing to the masses, while Sam is just there as a believable character, who appears to have a much more 'niche' fanbase. Sam will always be my favourite of the two, though... I must point out that some of the arguments as to why Snake is better are really quite ridiculous and laughable. Heh.

No not really, Sam more superficial of the two characters. He is just designed to be cool, has very little personality, he just makes very sarcastic jokles but for the rest he is made not to offend anyone. Snake on the other hand is far deeper character, we know more about him, his good sides and his flaws, thats why there are people that really like him, but also people that hate him.

But anyways you win, jimbo's last post covinced me that sam is far thougher.
also snakes knows nothing else but war etc,hes a loner who lives in the wilderness in alaska living off the flaura and fauna whereas sam is at home babysitting his daughters love child
I mean 7 giant walking battleships are nothing compared to that.

Grey Fox said:
But anyways you win, jimbo's last post covinced me that sam is far thougher.

I mean 7 giant walking battleships are nothing compared to that.
This comment tells me you must not have had much experience at all with the Splinter Cell games. May I suggest you actually try playing them first before brushing them aside. If you had played them you would know that we see about 10 seconds of Sam's daughter throughout the entire series of games, and during that time it ends up with Sam being placed back into his line of work, rather than having to 'babysit' her. But hey, you'd know that if you'd played them.

:rolleyes:

Axyon said:
i think you'll find sam has been designed 4 the masses as he is just your stereotypical tough guy with no layers or personality at all mar a few cheesy jokes thrown in,sam=the poor mans snake :eek:

jimbo118 said:
i think you'll find sam has been designed 4 the masses as he is just your stereotypical tough guy with no layers or personality at all mar a few cheesy jokes thrown in,sam=the poor mans snake :eek:

Snake- A guy still sporting a mullet... :sleep:

Direwolf said:
It's a tactical mullet.
Yeah, you see his inventory? It's all stored in the mullet, cause obviously the Stinger won't fit anywhere else

Back