Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

• Total voters
I think both characters are great, to a certain point of view. I love Fishers dark humour and quick jokes and how he jests about the situation.

Whereas Snake is a character with alot of emotion and has a stronger story behind him, the MGS series as a whole is a whole lot less serious at times, and is able to deliver a better story.

But if it were a contest of who would win in a battle, i would say Snake. I imagine sam sneaking around on pipes and shadows, whereas Snake just whips out his stinger and blows ten tons of shit at him.

Let's put both in the same room. It could be pitch black for all I care.

Both start sneaking around - night vision or thermal goggles - whatever. They can both see each other via whatever vision mode. Sam opens up with his pistol (which becomes highly inaccurate after a shot or two. Sam switches to his SC-20K and opens up (this also becomes highly inaccurate). Even so, Snake probably gets shot 6+ times in this encounter - Ration - Full life :D.

Sam reloads, Snake busts out his katana and starts blocking all bullets Sam shoots. Snake presses R3 - STAB MOVE - Sam dodges and runs for his petty life. Snake busts out his Nikita missile launcher and fires a missile - Sam jumps up and grabs a pipe barely dodging the missile. Damn, too bad the Nikita cannot be controlled in vertical space :p

Snake busts out his patriot with unlimited ammo and fires a few short bursts hitting Sam. Sam dies because he can't take nearly as many bullets as Snake.

(Don't tell me that Raiden has the sword not Snake...anything Raiden can do...Snake can do. Snake chooses not to be lame and do that little cartwheel thingy when he runs and presses X because he knows the roll is cooler and less homosexual)

END OF STORY

AmishSlayer said:

Both start sneaking around - night vision or thermal goggles - whatever. They can both see each other via whatever vision mode. Sam opens up with his pistol (which becomes highly inaccurate after a shot or two. Sam switches to his SC-20K and opens up (this also becomes highly inaccurate). Even so, Snake probably gets shot 6+ times in this encounter - Ration - Full life :D.

Sam reloads, Snake busts out his katana and starts blocking all bullets Sam shoots. Snake presses R3 - STAB MOVE - Sam dodges and runs for his petty life. Snake busts out his Nikita missile launcher and fires a missile - Sam jumps up and grabs a pipe barely dodging the missile. Damn, too bad the Nikita cannot be controlled in vertical space :p

Snake busts out his patriot with unlimited ammo and fires a few short bursts hitting Sam. Sam dies because he can't take nearly as many bullets as Snake.

(Don't tell me that Raiden has the sword not Snake...anything Raiden can do...Snake can do. Snake chooses not to be lame and do that little cartwheel thingy when he runs and presses X because he knows the roll is cooler and less homosexual)

END OF STORY
roflmao :D ,i was just about to tell you that raiden only uses the katana until i saw the last bit

AmishSlayer said:

END OF STORY

couldn;t have said it better myself...really

Bah, Snake and Sam would both fall to Leon S Kennedy and his superior DODGE abilities :E

Snake is rugged, he lives for war and combat, he has a bandana which gives him infinate ammo and active camoflage (stealth).

Snake wins :)

Once sam's spotted by even the most mediocre of thugs, it's like a kitten vs. a tank, he'll get ripped to shreds

B-MAn said:
have you played mgs3?
No, he's absolutely correct. CQC is only a part of MGS3, in which you play Naked Snake, not Solid Snake.

AmishSlayer said:

END OF STORY

Ok, there is a big difference between Raiden and Snake, Snake was a US Soldier, only knows basic tactics and weapons, specializes in stealth. Raiden was a rebel soldier, then was trained with VR and got a suit that increases all of his attributes. Now, Snake cannot sneak in the Splinter Cell world, since Splinter Cell is based totally on shadows, MGS is just based on staying out of the vision cone.

Now, the battle IF fought on Sam's turf (realism) would go much different. Sam and Snake both start at opposite ends, Thermal and NVG's of course. Sam would take the high route of pipes and high vents, Snake would be left to the lower levels since he can hardly jump as high as Sam. Sam would simply hang off a pipe, wait for Snake, lift Snake up by the neck, and SLIT, The End.

Now, your thing with the katana and bullet deflecting doesn't work since Snake never ONCE uses it, if we were going by that then Sam gets a bio-chemical device that can wipe out a whole town, including Snake. The only way this fight would be fair is if we were basing this on melee, in which it would be a tie, both of them have basically the same amount of combat experience and skill, and they both use the same tactics.

So this fight can never really have a winner unless Konami and Ubi come together to make a movie about it.

i think those who say Snake would win just think he is so cool because the AI in metal gear solid was shit

You sneak past....
Guard:What was that?!! What was that just now!?

Dalamari said:
Ok, there is a big difference between Raiden and Snake, Snake was a US Soldier, only knows basic tactics and weapons, specializes in stealth. Raiden was a rebel soldier, then was trained with VR and got a suit that increases all of his attributes. Now, Snake cannot sneak in the Splinter Cell world, since Splinter Cell is based totally on shadows, MGS is just based on staying out of the vision cone.

Now, the battle IF fought on Sam's turf (realism) would go much different. Sam and Snake both start at opposite ends, Thermal and NVG's of course. Sam would take the high route of pipes and high vents, Snake would be left to the lower levels since he can hardly jump as high as Sam. Sam would simply hang off a pipe, wait for Snake, lift Snake up by the neck, and SLIT, The End.

Now, your thing with the katana and bullet deflecting doesn't work since Snake never ONCE uses it, if we were going by that then Sam gets a bio-chemical device that can wipe out a whole town, including Snake. The only way this fight would be fair is if we were basing this on melee, in which it would be a tie, both of them have basically the same amount of combat experience and skill, and they both use the same tactics.

So this fight can never really have a winner unless Konami and Ubi come together to make a movie about it.

One problem

Snake isnt stupid

MarcoPollo said:
i think those who say Snake would win just think he is so cool because the AI in metal gear solid was shit

You sneak past....

LOL. And your going to try and tell me that SC has better AI?

DeusExMachinia said:
LOL. And your going to try and tell me that SC has better AI?

Actually Splinter Cell 3 has great AI. Guards respond like real people would in the situation. They flank, use suppressing fire, go get back up, retreat if outnumbered, turn tables over to get cover, lay down to make it harder to shoot. Yea, and the exclamation marks don't come over their head either.

KU_ said:
Actually Splinter Cell 3 has great AI. Guards respond like real people would in the situation. They flank, use suppressing fire, go get back up, retreat if outnumbered, turn tables over to get cover, lay down to make it harder to shoot. Yea, and the exclamation marks don't come over their head either.

Wow...I have seen absolutely none of this behavior when I'm fighting the AI. When I make a noise - they react properly for the most part hunting down the source with a light source if they have one...but the battle tactics have yet to impress me. Not to mention if I'm standing less than a foot away from them and they see me in low light they first wonder what I am...

If I'm spotted they spray 'n pray at first. Assuming I take cover they keep firing...and keep firing...and keep firing, maybe they'll finally get behind some cover or run away...but I have yet to see them flank or lay down suppressing fire...or even lay down to get a good shot. They have never even tried to approach me or flush me out. They just shoot or run...

For reference I'm like 7 levels into the game so I think that's enough basis for a general judgement.

I'm not saying MGS AI is amazing or anything, but I think the tactics they use to clear a room and tactics they use to find you and the way they'll throw a grenade into a vent to kill you are more impressive than SCCT's AI.

MarcoPollo said:

You sneak past....
lol thats funny,metal gear has probably the best ai i've ever seen,and dont start with that cone bs

hero vs. hero treat does not make sense. go write fan fictin were snake and fish fight and maybe free man joins fight and kills them. ;) this is more fun and constructiv i rekon

:cat::cat::cat:

jimbo118 said:
lol thats funny,metal gear has probably the best ai i've ever seen,and dont start with that cone bs

Why not start with "that cone bs" as in that is what the guards use to look for people, you could shoot out all the lights in a map *with all 3 lights that you can do this to* and no matter one, if you're in the cone, they see you. And it's true, the SCCT guards just spray, but if you get full alert and actually try to hide, they use tactics.

Dalamari said:
Why not start with "that cone bs" as in that is what the guards use to look for people, you could shoot out all the lights in a map *with all 3 lights that you can do this to* and no matter one, if you're in the cone, they see you. And it's true, the SCCT guards just spray, but if you get full alert and actually try to hide, they use tactics.
metal gear 3 baby,no conage in sight,metals gears guards use tactics too

Solid Snake is my hero, Sam Fisher is a zero. HAHA! I am the tie breaker.

Axyon said:
No, he's absolutely correct. CQC is only a part of MGS3, in which you play Naked Snake, not Solid Snake.

true..i keep forgetin that snakes a clone

9 Words for Snake:WHO OPENED A CAN OF FAMILY SIZED WHUP ASS!?

jimbo118 said:

You've got to be kidding me. The AI is really good, I was just making a joke, but It is deffinatly not the best. Theres WAY better AI. Such as Far Cry and Doom 3.

MarcoPollo said:
You've got to be kidding me. The AI is really good, I was just making a joke, but It is deffinatly not the best. Theres WAY better AI. Such as Far Cry and Doom 3.
doom roflmao ,you made my day

Doom 3 had great AI if you weren't a pussy and played it on Hell

MarcoPollo said:
Doom 3 had great AI if you weren't a pussy and played it on Hell

Doom had AI?

Last time I checked on all difficulties all enemies charged you or stood there and fired. Imps sometimes leapt at you or just swiped...oooh...amazing.

Snake was voted the coolest video game character ever he seems to be able to survive jumping off cliffs into water and huge metal gears, sam fisher is just a guy with too many tools

AmishSlayer said:
Wow...I have seen absolutely none of this behavior when I'm fighting the AI. When I make a noise - they react properly for the most part hunting down the source with a light source if they have one...but the battle tactics have yet to impress me. Not to mention if I'm standing less than a foot away from them and they see me in low light they first wonder what I am...

If I'm spotted they spray 'n pray at first. Assuming I take cover they keep firing...and keep firing...and keep firing, maybe they'll finally get behind some cover or run away...but I have yet to see them flank or lay down suppressing fire...or even lay down to get a good shot. They have never even tried to approach me or flush me out. They just shoot or run...

For reference I'm like 7 levels into the game so I think that's enough basis for a general judgement.

I'm not saying MGS AI is amazing or anything, but I think the tactics they use to clear a room and tactics they use to find you and the way they'll throw a grenade into a vent to kill you are more impressive than SCCT's AI.

What difficulty are you playing it on? And most of the time if it's just one guard he'll spray and pray, but if it's multiple ones, they flank. Co-op really shows the tactics off well.

KU_ said:
What difficulty are you playing it on? And most of the time if it's just one guard he'll spray and pray, but if it's multiple ones, they flank. Co-op really shows the tactics off well.

I play on Hard. I've had two encounters that I decided to fight through with two and three guys - one ran away and hid behind some cover further away but was not shooting, the other just sat behind nearby cover firing to where he thought I was. I snuck around and grabbed him from behind - killed him. The second was easy enough, I climbed up onto the cover he was behind and jumped down on him.

The 2nd time it was 3 guys all talking...I tossed a frag in, drew my gun and shot one guy in the head. A second guy blew up while the third ran out the back door. I followed by another route and snuck up on him.

I haven't purposely started big gunfights in thegame because that's not the point. I suppose the AI could be good if you let it live long enough or go in guns blazing everywhere you go.

EDIT: I've played the first co-op level. We never had any firefights. We managed to get through relatively unscathed apart from an accidental bump here and there that just resulted in a close-up shanking.

Yea, co-op get's pretty hard. It's really buggy right now for PC though.

Snake is a far better character than Sam Fisher. Plus the Splinter Cell games SUCKED.

Funny you should say the Splinter Cell games sucked, when SC3 has an average ratio of 95% on www.gamerankings.com While MGS3 maintains a 92%. Don't get me wrong, I love both games, but to say a game sucks when it has received great praise is just stupid.

Snake hides in cardboard box, sam creeps up behind, whips out super duper duct tape ( knife proof), wraps box up like xmas present, whips out cigarette lighter and sets fire to box, Hmmm!! Is that roast chicken, Or just snake!

Back