Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

Sam Fisher vs. Solid Snake

• Total voters
jimbo118 said:
in mgs1 he didnt have the mullet and looked badass

You only need to have a mullet once in my books to get that crown.

Fisher would win. More experience, nightvision would be a killer if he went around taking out lightbulbs.

Grey Fox said:
QFE, how could anybody say sc has better gameplay, it's a complete ripoff of mgs2, just with a different perspective, which is enough to make it interesting, and besides mgs is always different, every mgs game has is really original, sc might aswell come form EA, it's exactly like an EA game, and franchise is certanly beeing handled like EA would handle it.
Possibly one of the most stupid things I've read in a long time, well done. How can Splinter Cell 'rip off' MGS2 when they're both a completely different style of game? One has you shadow crawling throughout urban environments with a keen emphasis on stealth, the other has you running around a ship and multi-tiered plant in the middle of the ocean, with the emphasis on minimal stealth and mainly action.

I'm not going to comment on who would 'win' in this fight, as it seems the matchup is rather random. The two characters rely on different methods of approach and fighting techniques in a game. As characters though, I prefer Sam - his dark style of humour really appeals to me, I don't know how many times he's made me chuckle with an inappropriately-timed dry comment.

Both Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell are two different types of stealth games, I agree with Axyon. Splinter Cell is more realistic, however I can both relate to those games as a martial artist, such as Metal Gear Solid 3's CQC, by the way, I don't see why people say that Solid Snake has CQC, in Metal Gear Solid 3- you're Big Boss. Metal Gear Solid is really an action game. When you get spotted, if you make everything go normal, stealth isn't the main priority. In Splinter Cell, stealth is your main priority and engagement is the last thing you want. My vote goes to Sam. Konami has thought of Metal Gear Solid as a "Hide and Seek" kind of game. In a real hand-to-hand fight where the laws of reality apply, Sam would win.

Malfunction said:
Sam is sneaky, Snake is not, therefore, Sam is better in CQC.

Dude have u even played MGS3?! Snake MADE (a form of) CQC with the Boss.

Axyon said:
Possibly one of the most stupid things I've read in a long time, well done. How can Splinter Cell 'rip off' MGS2 when they're both a completely different style of game? One has you shadow crawling throughout urban environments with a keen emphasis on stealth, the other has you running around a ship and multi-tiered plant in the middle of the ocean, with the emphasis on minimal stealth and mainly action.

I'm not going to comment on who would 'win' in this fight, as it seems the matchup is rather random. The two characters rely on different methods of approach and fighting techniques in a game. As characters though, I prefer Sam - his dark style of humour really appeals to me, I don't know how many times he's made me chuckle with an inappropriately-timed dry comment.
a man who hasnt played mgs3 then

Axyon said:
Now that is one of the most stupid things I have heard, mgs certainly has action but 90% of the times you are hiding, you obviouly haven't played mgs or atleast not very well.

SNake?SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEE!!!!

What what?1!??!! You young whippersnappers!

I've snapped plenty of whips in MY day ;).

B-MAn said:
Dude have u even played MGS3?! Snake MADE (a form of) CQC with the Boss.
Snake and The Boss developed together, however, in Metal Gear Solid 3, it wasn't a "form" of CQC, it was the real thing, based on the actual techniques created by William Ewart Fairbairn. In Metal Gear Solid, they just modified it to fit with the story.
Sam probably excels at CQC, militart combat, hand-to-hand/Defendu and Ninjutsu.

jimbo118 said:
a man who hasnt played mgs3 then
Try looking through the MGS3 threads, I have played it. Besides, this isn't about MGS3, because that is Naked Snake, not Solid.

Grey Fox said:
Now that is one of the most stupid things I have heard, mgs certainly has action but 90% of the times you are hiding, you obviouly haven't played mgs or atleast not very well.
There's a big difference between hiding and stealth gameplay. 90% of the time? That's BS, and you know it. There's instances where I've played through MGS2 and only hid once or twice. The option is there, yes, but you don't need to hide.

Sam Fisher pwns ;)

Terrorist: "Are you going to kill me?!"
Sam Fisher: "Only if you say the word 'monkey'."

LOL classic....

Axyon said:
Try looking through the MGS3 threads, I have played it. Besides, this isn't about MGS3, because that is Naked Snake, not Solid.
yeah but my comment was about your 90% action thing,not on snake or sam,mgs3 is hardly like that,the stealth/action is more fun imo anyway

jimbo118 said:
yeah but my comment was about your 90% action thing,not on snake or sam,mgs3 is hardly like that,the stealth/action is more fun imo anyway
I haven't mentioned anything relating to 90%...

Axyon said:
There's a big difference between hiding and stealth gameplay. 90% of the time? That's BS, and you know it. There's instances where I've played through MGS2 and only hid once or twice. The option is there, yes, but you don't need to hide.
play on a higher difficulty level.you definately need to use stealth then

I don't even see why people compare both of them. Metal Gear Solid has nothing to do with real life combat at all. Going around installations and alerting people and being able to get shot multiple times is hardly realistic. When the enemy is told to go back to their positions, they seem to forget about you.

Prince of China said:
I don't even see why people compare both of them. Metal Gear Solid has nothing to do with real life combat at all. Going around installations and alerting people and being able to get shot multiple times is hardly realistic. When the enemy is told to go back to their positions, they seem to forget about you.
maybe coz its a GAME,the enemy go back to their positions too in sc

Axyon said:
I haven't mentioned anything relating to 90%...
oh yeah that was fox,sry,i meant your comments on it being primarily action

jimbo118 said:
maybe coz its a GAME
Correct, they are both games, but when people compare two things, they should find a better category. I could compare Sulfur to salmon because they both fit under the category of things that who the letter "S" in them.

jimbo118 said:
play on a higher difficulty level.you definately need to use stealth then
On higher difficulty levels they do more detailed sweeps - that kind of defeats the point of hiding, since they can usually find you. On higher difficulty levels you may need to run away, but hiding is still not a necessity. I'm still talking about MGS2, by the way... 2 and 3 are very much different games in terms of gameplay - camouflage and hiding is required quite a lot more in 3.

Prince of China said:
Correct, they are both games, but when people compare two things, they should find a better category. I could compare Sulfur to salmon because they both fit under the category of things that who the letter "S" in them.
its only compared coz metal gear and splinter cell are the only decent 3rd person stealth games so they are obviously going to be compared,thief too

jimbo118 said:
its only compared coz metal gear and splinter cell are the only decent 3rd person stealth games so they are obviously going to be compared,thief too
Thief, exactly - that would be a much better matchup than MGS. Sam versus Garrett would make an interesting fight.

Axyon said:
On higher difficulty levels they do more detailed sweeps - that kind of defeats the point of hiding, since they can usually find you. On higher difficulty levels you may need to run away, but hiding is still not a necessity. I'm still talking about MGS2, by the way... 2 and 3 are very much different games in terms of gameplay - camouflage and hiding is required quite a lot more in 3.
well you must be a good shot then as 3 shots will kill you on higher difficulty levels

jimbo118 said:

Then why not compare Garret to Solid Snake or Sam?
There's also Tenchu.

Axyon said:
Thief, exactly - that would be a much better matchup than MGS. Sam versus Garrett would make an interesting fight.
well garretts a thief so he'd be own'd

Prince of China said:
Then why not compare Garret to Solid Snake or Sam?
There's also Tenchu.
coz the thread is sam and snake

edit did you all hear that the team who make sc are working on the new thief game,thief fans at ttlg aren't the happiest but thief 3 was very much like splinter cell anyway

Snake by a longshot. Sam may be good, but nobody can beat Snake.

He as stealth camo, unlimited ammo, rations, missile launchers, and most of all...carboard boxes.

But in the end we all know that Raiden owns them all.

Grey Fox said:
But in the end we all know that Raiden owns them all.

No way...Raiden doesn't have the experience Snake does in the field. He is a VR baby.

sam has 3 giant lights giving away his every position, also snake is just more badass in about every way imaginable. End of discussion :p

babyheadcrab said:
sam has 3 giant lights giving away his every position, also snake is just more badass in about every way imaginable. End of discussion :p

The three lights on Sam's goggles are simply there so you can know your location on the screen at any time. Grab a pair of real nightvision goggles, you can't see them light up. And Snake doesn't even have night vision. :dozey:

KU_ said:
The three lights on Sam's goggles are simply there so you can know your location on the screen at any time. Grab a pair of real nightvision goggles, you can't see them light up. And Snake doesn't even have night vision. :dozey:

yes he does he also has thermal vision (so does sam) just because they;re not strapped to his face all the time doesn;t mean he doesn;t have them.

Yes he does, but he does not need to, he has the soliton radar. He has got the remote controlled missles, he can defeat a guy who can read his mind.

KU_ said:

it's...silly :| and actually, yes, snake does have nightvision at least in MGS for psx.

oldagerocker said:
Sam is american, therefore, he Must be the best. :)

you sir are a idiot

btw both character are cool but snake can destory a giant biped walking robot

Back