Say thank you to Valve!

THANK YOU VALVE
For making Half-Life and all of the work you've put into HL2. Thank you very much.

Cheers to Valve :cheers: for a job well done.

Thank you Valve for making HL2 fully dx9.0 and using the HDR tech.

I hop you make HL3 looks like Final flight of the osirice.

Thanks Valve. We appreciate the hard work and effort that you have put into Half Life 2, and we are looking forward to its release in 17 days.

Thanx to Valve (they better make the relase date........jk)

:D

Holy Flange, Valve, you guys are amazing.

Seriously, if any other game developers decided to be this involved with the community during the last hectic month of game development, I think the gaming industry would painfully and slowly begin to grind to a halt. The sheer amount of effort you guys are putting forth to deliver to us the kicka$$ingest gaming experience we've had to date is utterly unbelieveable. There are a lot of games out there that are really kicka$$ - they put the time into developing a mechanic that is really satisfying and provides hours of entertainment.

But you guys...that wasn't good enough for you. You guys went ahead and, starting from scratch, have made everything you can possibly think of in the gameplay (that's a guess, mates), the engine, and the extra content delivery system, as fecking unbelieveable as you possibly could. Seriously, what game developer in the last ten years has done much of anything to vastly improve the simplicity of their level editing tools? Who has thought to combine all the various physical properties that an object might have (be it part of a cool physics system or not) and attach it to the texture, thereby cutting out an entire string of extra stuff that level and mod makers have to deal with?

What else? Steam, while there are people who can't stop complaining, is a good idea. There has been a lot of misscommunication going around concerning it, and even the stuff that's direct from Valve is only a few sentences at a time; putting them all together doesn't really give you a good idea of what the program is. (If you watched the Daily Show the other day, there was a good bit where they strung together bits from Bush's various speeches to make him say something about Saudi Arabia being right and that marshmallows are good if you stick them up your nose - or something similarly ridiculous). But Steam's there to keep people from cheating; it's there to help people have direct access to new content, be that mods, patches (which'll include new DX9 content - new shaders and stuff to make the game look better), it's there so that people have a very hard time warez'ing it, it's there to provide as wide and robust a platform for the game as humanly possible. There might be some drawbacks (having to connect to the Internet to play LAN games - though I think that particular limitation is doubtful to make release for very long, if at all, because Valve is trying to make the HL2 experience as great as possible and this is something that definitely complicates that).

The engine itself is a bloody marvel. It can do almost anything, though, as we've heard many times, Valve made a number of design decisions for the game that removed some of these things from HL2...but that doesn't mean the engine can't do them. But look at the stuff that they left in! I mean, no-one has ever done anything like what they've done with their character's faces! 40 seperate muscles! And the eyes track properly and look like real eyes! The engine's gorgeous, it's scaleable, and it's highly moddable on top of that - that's above and beyond as far as I'm concerned.

Valve, you guys rule. And you do what you need to make this game the best you can - I'll be waiting for it. Sometimes not patiently, but I'm only human, and HL2 looks like it's going to be something spectacular. Keep up the good work!

date oct 1st.....

wow hl2 rox the first few hours is like :eek: WOW

ty vavle for making hl2 so friggin great

back to sep13th.

thks vavle ,but u aint getting your cookies untill u ship hl2 :dozey:

Thank you valve! Every game should be developed 3+ years. :)

THX VALVE

But HL2 must come on 30.September:cheers: :afro:

THNX!!!!!!!, by the way, iv never seen valve confirm that the game will ship september 30 2003

Originally posted by ChiZm
THNX!!!!!!!, by the way, iv never seen valve confirm that the game will ship september 30 2003

.... WH47 DO j00 +h1nK +H3y H4V3 8E3N +3lliN9 G4ME1N9 M4GAziNe5 j00 N008z0r

read up alittle.

hehe, first of all im no n00b, just a headcrab who has been reading this forum since the begginning of august.
second, i was joking!, but is seems like the 2003 was'nt big enough thou, and dont 1337 i thing it looks ugly!, and it isnt hard to read

hehe, first of all im no n00b, just a headcrab who has been reading this forum since the begginning of august.
second, i was joking!, but is seems like the 2003 was'nt big enough thou, and dont 1337 i thing it looks ugly!, and it isnt hard to read

I know its hard to read... why do you think I do it? And they have said 2003... dont go following that Steadhead guy, he doesnt know what he is talkin about.

hmm, i said it isn't hard to read.

btw, what is Steadhead?

Sorry I meant Steelhed, and I read ur post wrong, sorry.

Thanks Valve.......jOO pwns!!!!

(Haven't downloaded Steam yet...so I hope it works). Any news on the vids yet?

ok, THANX again (Deadline, who, or what is Steelhead then?)

Stealhed was this guy who came in to the forums trolling around... look for his posts, should be a day or two back.

thanks you for all the time im going to spend in my room :D :D :D

(whats with all the bans?)

Originally posted by Deadline
Stealhed was this guy who came in to the forums trolling around... look for his posts, should be a day or two back.

OK, lol, u can b calm, IM SURE IT WILL SHIP 2003 i was just messing around :cheers:

gracias

obrigado

grazie

danke

merci

spaciba

toda roba

thank you

Cheers Valve, you've managed to give me a reason to actually find going back to college fun, becasue HL2 comes out during the day when im in school....yay:D
Good work so far and keep it up:D

Back