scoutzknivez: Not a silly port.

Coolhead2100

Reaction score
I always enjoyed a good game of scouts and knives. The scout being my favorite weapon, I decided to give the scoutzknives map a Source makover. The map turned out better than I thought it would. Although it diverges from the original map, my intention was to recreate the feel, not teh enviroment. It has a fairly detailed skybox, and a few other detailed areas. Still a work in progress though.
scoutkznivez_05.jpg

scoutkznivez_04.jpg

scoutkznivez_03.jpg

scoutkznivez_02.jpg

scoutkznivez_01.jpg

Played a scoutzknives a while back - good fun although looked much different so either it was a WIP (with very few textures) or a different author - this looks better anyway...

There should be more trash in the halls and maybe some bricks in the grass area...and more trash outside...

Know what would make it look *much* better? If you could make a foundation beneath the house with the door (at least) so the little staircase is actually only compensating for that. Right now it looks like crap.

The rest of the map looks quite well though. You should concider lightning however.

Looks great. A bit yellowish, which from my eyes point of view does not fit very well with the sky.

Dead-Inside said:
Know what would make it look *much* better? If you could make a foundation beneath the house with the door (at least) so the little staircase is actually only compensating for that. Right now it looks like crap.

The rest of the map looks quite well though. You should concider lightning however.

There was a small deck type setting with chairs and a table before I took the screenshot, but I shot them off :p

I was refering to the doors that are not aligned with the textures, even though they look quite well otherwise.

You have lots to learn as a mapper.

how'd you do the window- and doorframes? Did you make those out of brushes?

the map looks good but i agree that the lighting sucks try and make it look like the last screenshot.

on the theired picture there is a large lump of grass there... why is it there???

Well there's a lot of details you need to work out. And the other house still has the texture/floor "going through" the doorframe.

And the drainpipes don't look like drainpipes, but I'm guessing you already know that. You should make cylinder ones instead :).

Edit: Wait, that's not drainpipes. That's the side of the building. My bad. You should add some though.

Dead-Inside: Im am actually in the process of modeling some right now. As there seems to be none for Half-Life 2 / CS: Source

Back