Screenshots of HL2 Effects

the guys at valve know how to make a good f*cking game

Crazy Goat said:
OMFG I THOUGHT THAT WA A REAL PERSON AT FIRST!!!!! :O
HL2 + CS:S OMFG YESS!!!!~!!!!!!~!#!$!!@@@@@
It is a real person. Valve mapped the face of a man onto a model :afro:

Platinum said:
dude i checked it out ... good job man ;) ... u always contribute good efforts to the forum ... i appreciate you , raziel ...
I appreciate you too, Raziel. I'm sorry for not saying so in my previous post.

-Brad

Does anyone with a DX8.1 level card have some pics? More specifically, anyone with a GF4 Ti4200. ;)

Can anyone tell me if the ragdolls go static as quick as they did in the beta?

I love how the wood table breaks! It's not just a clean cut but they also thought of the layers in the wood and how its lighter then the varnish on the exterior. BRILLIANT!!! Just the way everything is constructed to be destroyed is charming and real. I can't wait for HL2!!!

Best Thread I've Seen All Day!!

Best Effects I've Seen All Day!!

Best Game I've Seen All Day!!

This makes me happy to see everything that we were told, everything that we were guaranteed, everything we were promised about Counter-Strike: Source, came through. Brilliant work! You guys at Valve are quite talented and really know how to make us happy.

I can't find the right words to describe this milestone.

lol
and to think that everyone was complaining about how cs:s is the hl2 mp

Reaperman said:
i like the blood effects :)

css.jpg

thats one thing i dont like about cs:S all those people in that ss were shot to death in that spot.. and that ALL the blood.. ??? no ****ing way.. there has to be more blood

Here's a screenshot of a stone normal map effect with the flashlight.

css_normalmap_lighted.gif

Does anyone else notice that when you turn the flashlight on a surface with a norman map, the texture seems to jump? Sorry it's beer 'o' clock right now and I just want to make sure it's the beer and not my eyes.

Yeah, when the light is on, the bumpmapping is on.. Or something..

Also notice how the flashlight affects the FPS ;)

Nice pics!

I have a Dell. So that's what they look like inside. ;)

oh, look, a question:

Does anyone with a DX8.1 level card have some pics? More specifically, anyone with a GF4 Ti4200

I think somebody should answer that.

unmarked one or any who owns the game. Whats you computer specs, your games FPS and what level of Detail (Ultra high, high and so on and so fourth)

lordoftheroot said:
unmarked one or any who owns the game. Whats you computer specs, your games FPS and what level of Detail (Ultra high, high and so on and so fourth)

I'm running a Radeon All In Wonder 7000 (maybe 7200, I forget), and I get a pretty good framerate at a reasonably low res. It's good enough to play with. Actually, it lags a bit more on my Radeon 9600 Pro - Though I do have the graphics turned up higher with it.

lordoftheroot said:

I was just playing on Office, and when there wasn't much action and I was off by myself, I was getting about 145fps. When it gets more crowded during a firefight, I drop down to about 80fps at the lowest.

I'm playing with all the graphic settings as high as they'll go, but Trilinear filtering and no AA. I had the resolution set to 1024x768.

Athlon64 3200+
1GB PC4400 DDR 550MHz
Radeon 9800 Pro

-UnmarkedOne

Could you take screenshots of CS:S on low settings?
I can only have the game on low and I would like to know what it looks like

-Danimal

It looks really great, but i still dont like the gameplay of CS. Of course if i have HL2, i will play CS:S and i hope that i can get used to the gameplay. because it looks to great to leave it behind. But i will be waiting for the mods that will come along.

Thanks for putting all those shots together, i can't play since my computer is broken at the moment :(

omni said:
Here's a screenshot of a stone normal map effect with the flashlight.

css_normalmap_lighted.gif

Looks nice.

Anyway - all those shiny effects are NOT Direct x 9 effects.

They are specular highlights - direct x 7 effects. They've not been used in many games - but have been used since Halo (2001).

Do players leave footprints in the snow/sand/blood/whatever?
If so could you post some screens of it?

How's the flashlight in/through water and other surfaces that reflect light? (some 3rd person screens of the flashlight would also be nice).

Robert said:
Yeah, when the light is on, the bumpmapping is on.. Or something..

Also notice how the flashlight affects the FPS ;)

I like it that way. It makes it so it doesn't look like everything is covered in slime, like it did in Doom 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta
Is it me, or do the hostage models look like they have normal maps on them?

cliffe said:

You guys never stop surprising :) Now just release cs_facility, cs_desert, some escape maps and new player models and we're all set to go :p

Question to cliffe if your still reading:

The shadow bug where an objects shadow (an object with physics afaik) is rendered through another static non-entity object

Are there any plans to fix this?

thanks.

Please Give Me A Good Response Before Banning Me Please... When U Bann Me I Cant Read The Forums Till I Make A New Name... I Can Make Names Forever So Can We Come To An Understanding?

Hey ha

Well, UnmarkeOne

Thanks a lot for the Great screenshots of cs source...

all those physics are just So cool!!!

But I wanted to ask if you also now a place where

you can see a window like the one in the stress test...

that ,,church"window with Gordon on it.

That looks just to cool, it would be cool if

they put that in cs too...

If you should see anything like this, could you pleace make

a screenie of it and post it here...

But.... Thanks a lot for all your beautifull screenshots :)

cliffe said:

Cliffe, I've noticed something in these pics too, and it's evident on my PC too (same spec as UnmarkedOne but with an x800Pro).

In the lighting throughout CS Source, there seems to be a 'striped' kind of sheen applied to the floors. Also in the office map, these strips appear evident on some buildings outside the compound. Are these an intentional effect or a problem with Source on some PCs?

fishy2000 said:
Please Give Me A Good Response Before Banning Me Please... When U Bann Me I Cant Read The Forums Till I Make A New Name... I Can Make Names Forever So Can We Come To An Understanding?
No you can't. Your above post is enough to ban you again I'd say. And if you piss them off enough, they'll contact your ISP & then you won't have any Internet access anymore. So no.

rammstein said:
Question to cliffe if your still reading:

The shadow bug where an objects shadow (an object with physics afaik) is rendered through another static non-entity object

Are there any plans to fix this?

thanks.

valve have answered this already, they set aside some time to look into it before the game ships but they don't expect to fix it (obviously it hasn't been fixed at this point, so there is your answer)

Alec_85 said:
No you can't. Your above post is enough to ban you again I'd say. And if you piss them off enough, they'll contact your ISP & then you won't have any Internet access anymore. So no.

bahaha yeah, your isp will cut you off because you got banned from some hl2 forum, hah, you're delusional, the isp would rather have his money than an angry ex customer.

i'd reckon no one ever banned from this forum has lost internet access based on them being banned from this forum.

-TaNaKa- said:
It looks really great, but i still dont like the gameplay of CS. Of course if i have HL2, i will play CS:S and i hope that i can get used to the gameplay. because it looks to great to leave it behind. But i will be waiting for the mods that will come along.

Yeah I'd definitely encourage you to give CS:S another go. I actually didn't like the first Counter-Strike much, but CS:S is just a blast. A lot of people say that CS and CS:S have the same 'feel', which is probably very true, but I definitely have a lot more fun in CS:S and would recommend it to anyone who was turned off by the first game.

Jeehde2 said:
a window like the one in the stress test... that ,,church"window with Gordon on it.

There aren't any stained-glass windows in the initial CS:S maps, unfortunately. It's a really great effect, though, and I'm sure we'll see a lot of that distorted glass/material in HL2.

Concept said:
In the lighting throughout CS Source, there seems to be a 'striped' kind of sheen applied to the floors. Also in the office map, these strips appear evident on some buildings outside the compound. Are these an intentional effect or a problem with Source on some PCs?

I noticed that too, and sometimes it looks awesome. Other times, however, it does look like a glitch. For the record, I didn't notice it at all on Office, but it was quite apparent on the wood textures in Chateau.

-UnmarkedOne

Some good ragdoll pics I got last night:

It's actually funny how often a dead body will appear to have their hand over the death wound. In the first screen there's a T holding his bloody knee. Aztec's bridge also offers a good opportunity for lots of ragdoll stunts. It's awesome to see a gunfight around the bridge, with people dying and falling off the sides, making big splashes in the water below. I definitely have the most fun in Aztec and Office... such a nice break from Dust :D

-UnmarkedOne

Attachments

• decals7.jpg
    decals7.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 413
  • decals8.jpg
    decals8.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 399
  • decals9.jpg
    decals9.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 393
  • ragdoll2.jpg
    ragdoll2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 371
  • ragdoll3.jpg
    ragdoll3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 399
ytinupmi said:
bahaha yeah, your isp will cut you off because you got banned from some hl2 forum, hah, you're delusional, the isp would rather have his money than an angry ex customer.

i'd reckon no one ever banned from this forum has lost internet access based on them being banned from this forum.
Most forums state in their terms that they do report spam etc to respective ISPs. And ISPs usually take such actions very seriously. I don't know what they actually do to you. But cutting off Internet access is one easy way to solve the problem (especially if different ISPs work together and form black lists). I bet they contact local authorities too. Like the police. Perhaps you have heard of them? It's not that far fetched really.

I don't know about this site though, maybe there haven't been that serious offences that ISPs needed to be contacted. I'm not a mod. I don't know these things :)

Alec_85 said:
Most forums state in their terms that they do report spam etc to respective ISPs. And ISPs usually take such actions very seriously. I don't know what they actually do to you. But cutting off Internet access is one easy way to solve the problem (especially if different ISPs work together and form black lists). I bet they contact local authorities too. Like the police. Perhaps you have heard of them? It's not that far fetched really.

I don't know about this site though, maybe there haven't been that serious offences that ISPs needed to be contacted. I'm not a mod. I don't know these things :)

as i said you're delusional, c'mon the RIAA and MPAA can only get the isp to send warnings, you think some stupid internet forum is cause for an isp to reprimand a user? not bloody likely.

the police? bahahah the police don't deal with that kind of bullshit.

seriously i don't know how it is in sweden but it's obviously quite different from north america, at least according to what you're saying, heh.

Back