SDK Update

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
A Source SDK update is available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:
  • Simplified directory structure.
  • Face Poser application added.
  • VConfig added, new tool to select game configurations.
  • A "Reset Game Configurations" option has been added to the SDK Launcher.
  • The Hammer Options dialog now reflects the selected Current Game.
  • Added default Expert compile settings in Hammer.
  • Viewmodel sources for Half-Life 2 included.
  • Simplified debugging under Steam - no need to copy steam.dll and make steamapp.cfg.
  • Added sdk.fgd, containing the entities in the programming tutorial.
  • SDK Launcher startup time is much faster.
These issues have been resolved:
  • Fixed issue with Hammer not copying .bsp to game directory.
  • The <span >buildcubemaps</span> console command should now function correctly.
  • The <span >impulse 81</span> command to check cubemap placement should now function correctly.
  • Fixed for various cases of path environment variables not working.
  • Fixed detail props not being generated by <span >vbsp.exe</span>.
The previous SDK release contained these new features:
  • The ability to edit Half-Life 2 levels and custom MODs.
  • Includes all the game source code for Half-Life 2 and a sample multiplayer mod (Create a Mod).
  • Source code for the compile tools.
  • Documentation on programming for the Source Engine.
  • Additional documentation on content creation.
  • A number of additional sample maps.
  • Sample models.
  • A Source Engine model exporter for Maya.
What are you waiting for? Get modding!

Woah I am on the front page!! Haha thankyou Fenric!!

:D :D :D

It feels really good lol.

vegeta897 said:
Woah I am on the front page!! Haha thankyou Fenric!!

:D :D :D

It feels really good lol.
Don't get too carried away, I'm sure some news pleb will eventually turn up, delete this and make his own thread....

The Dark Elf said:
Don't get too carried away, I'm sure some news pleb will eventually turn up, delete this and make his own thread....
"Originally discovered by our very own Vegeta897"

Is all I ask for. :)

HAHA YES! Vegeta made front page! This puts a big smile on my face. 'Grats man! :D :cheers:

YES. OH GOD YES. Now we all play the waiting/coding game untill things like AdminMod come out.

You having a go at Chris_D, Fenric?

Kudos to Vegeta for being on the case.

ship said:
HAHA YES! Vegeta made front page! This puts a big smile on my face. 'Grats man! :D :cheers:
Uhhhehehe do I know you? :)

YAY! Time to play with teh face posar!

*thinks about putting a moan file to Alyx.*

...WHAT?

-Alix

Way to go, veggieburgers! :p Is it just me or is installing this update insanely slow?

Good new for SW and other mods. Too bad I suck ass at working with hammer. :(

Woooooooooooott!!! Woooooooooooooot!!! Yes!

Awesome stuff, I wanna mess around with this faceposer and see if I could get anything decent out of it :D

My faceposer's broken... :(

Unable to find gameinfo.txt. Solutions:

1. Read http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/faq.html#NoGameDir (Doesn't exist)
2. Run vconfig to specify which game you're working on. (Didn't help)
3. Add -game <path> on the command line where <path> is the directory that gameinfo.txt is in. (Didn't work)

Bobcat said:
Refresh SDK Content and Reset Game Configurations will fix everything. :)

Does anyone know how work the face poser? Clueless here...

And uhh.. Thanks for the... recognition guys.. Heheh.. It's not like I'm a hero now though hehe.

vegeta897 said:
Refresh SDK Content and Reset Game Configurations will fix everything. :)

Does anyone know how work the face poser? Clueless here...

And uhh.. Thanks for the... recognition guys.. Heheh.. It's not like I'm a hero now though hehe.
I tried the first thing, didn't do anything, but won't the latter completely ruin my HL2 setup?

woah chill out there guy...nothing to be proud of, your just more of a fanboy than the rest of us.

HollowTipz said:
woah chill out there guy...nothing to be proud of, your just more of a fanboy than the rest of us.
ROFL I never said anything!!!

It's these other people that are going crazy!

Bobcat said:

. . ***n Face Poser but don't click on the error when it pops up, wait a second till everything calms down, look at the lower RH area, Right-Click in that area and select "Close All", now click on the error, Poser should quit, reload it from the SDK menu.

If this resolved your problem try remembering to close everything before you exit Poser.

vegeta897 said:
ROFL I never said anything!!!

It's these other people that are going crazy!

indeed they are. It's amazing how crazy they are getting, they almost need to be restrained, tied down, and administered a sedative.

TheUnkillableDot said:
Does this mean there will be custom models for CS:Source and Half-Life 2?
Now this, my friends, is a stupid question!

Does the face poser have so that you can make them say things and have them lip sync to it? I'm currently downloading it but it is taking a while.

Dumb Dude said:
Does the face poser have so that you can make them say things and have them lip sync to it? I'm currently downloading it but it is taking a while.

What other point purpose would it serve?

Bobcat said:
I tried the first thing, didn't do anything, but won't the latter completely ruin my HL2 setup?

The answer is in that FAQ, and it is a simple one too. Just run the game you want to edit once and it will fix everything :)

Wow, who else will join me in saying Valve is ridiculously awesome? They practically fixed every issue we were having.

Maxey said:
Now this, my friends, is a stupid question!

How is this a stupid question?

The SDKs been out for awhile and I havn't seen people putting custom things in the game yet.

I was just wondering if Valve incorperated a way to do so in this update.

You can expect higher quality maps by custom makers now... ((Notice how crappy the maps were that were compiled))

it is 6 in the Morning,this is good news just got up Its my last School day before Christmas...every thing is perfect....

Back