Search for a free modeller (or at least a very cheap one)

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Right. Me and a friend are attempting to make a machinima in the UT2004 engine. We have a problem, however: neither of us can, in fact, model. Is there anyone who feels like modelling a few characters (they don't have to be great quality) for us? If you are interested and don't mind not getting paid (I am poor and also a cheapskate) then PM me or email me at [email protected]. Here is a very quick drawing of one of the characters. Anybody?

Sulkdodds said:
Right. Me and a friend are attempting to make a machinima in the UT2004 engine. We have a problem, however: neither of us can, in fact, model. Is there anyone who feels like modelling a few characters (they don't have to be great quality) for us? If you are interested and don't mind not getting paid (I am poor and also a cheapskate) then PM me or email me at [email protected]. Here is a very quick drawing of one of the characters. Anybody?

let me guess 'Brandon Heat' ?

Sulkdodds said:
Er...who?

Brandon Heat from GunGrave, before he is brought back from the dead and he still works for the syndicate as a sweeper he looks exactly like that guy.

Just thought I would mention it :D

Heh, fair enough. :D I had no idea what you were talking about...

Do you know anybody who can help me? Or can you?

I gotta say Sulkdodds, you aren't exactly offering the most exciting of propositions :D but I will try and help you as best I can by saying you should check out Gmax, it's basically a free lesser version of 3DSmax, although I've never worked with UT2K4 so I dont know what exporters they have and such,

-J

You could try wings3d, our graphics arts class use it at school to learn the basics is modelling.

http://www.wings3d.com/

Or you could download maya PLE edition which is free, or the 30 day trial of XSI 4.2, or XSI expeience which is free but it has watermarks. 3DS max also has a 30 day free trail.

ermm, hes asking someone to make the models for him, not a program to do it himself.

Oh I guess I should have read the post. I just read the title and thought he wanted a program to do it himself. Sorry. I will read the post next time.

well calll ur movie a "mod"
and offer a little more to people who get in and then maybe someone will join ...make the movie sound a little stable ..give it a name lol.

I use Blender, a free program that can do modelling, uv mapping, texturing, animation, rendering etc. really a great program.

www.blender3d.org is where you can get it and some tutorials (including video tutorials).

Back