Serenity (Firefly) Trailer

*Wonders why this is a sticky*

Looks allright I guess, doesnt look anything fantastic, just a scifi film.

Ritz said:

Yeah, why is this a sticky?
I think a WotW thread should be stickied, since it is the most anticipated movie this year... in fact, I will make my own WotW thread, and I will improvise for it to always be on top. ;)

Datrix said:
Yeah, why is this a sticky?
I think a WotW thread should be stickied, since it is the most anticipated movie this year... in fact, I will make my own WotW thread, and I will improvise for it to always be on top. ;)

In otherwords, make that a stickytoo! :rolleyes:

Ritz said:

Maybe because the mods really like it

DEATH eVADER said:
In otherwords, make that a stickytoo! :rolleyes:
:rolling: Wow, I must suddenly have the power of a Mod, disguised as a normal forum member. In fact I'm more powerful than any Super Moderator, I'm a Phantom Moderator, fear me!
Now let me just press that imaginary button that allows me to sticky my WotW thread...

(I'm sorry for going off topic, don't hurt me. :E )

It is from the same creator that created the absolute and utterly, discustlingly bad shows, Angel and Buffy, but the trailer looks ok so i've just ordered the series on dvd.

Zerimski said:
Nail. Head.

I'm trying to pimp this movie as much as possible.
and i totally agree with that, looks good, and it's nice to see some fresh sci-fi

Frankly, this looks absolute crap. Insanely bad actors.

No idea why this is even a sticky. Stickies shouldn't be used to pimp movies just because some mods like it. Especially a movie that hasn't had a comment in almost a week.

*respect for hl2.net lowers a notch*

StardogChampion said:

No idea why this is even a sticky. Stickies shouldn't be used to pimp movies just because some mods like it. Especially a movie that hasn't had a comment in almost a week.

*respect for hl2.net lowers a notch*
Stop crying.. You've been told before, your not gonna get your thread about the my little pony goes to hollywood movie made a sticky. If you don't like this film or the series, why waste your time posting in it to let everyone know your sulking.

I'm sulking because some dodgy sci-fi flick is stickied over every other film in the entire world, for no good reason. Yes.

You're also suggesting that I want some other film stickied. Not true, I'd rather no films were stickied. Fair's fair.

Too bad I'm the only one who ever speaks out against mods on this forum. I think I reported one the other day for having a lame referral thingy in his sig, but no doubt nothing's been done about that.

StardogChampion said:
I'm sulking because some dodgy sci-fi flick is stickied over every other film in the entire world, for no good reason. Yes.

You're also suggesting that I want some other film stickied. Not true, I'd rather no films were stickied. Fair's fair.

Too bad I'm the only one who ever speaks out against mods on this forum. I think I reported one the other day for having a lame referral thingy in his sig, but no doubt nothing's been done about that.
now you just sound upset cause someone was made a mod over you :)

it looks pretty cool, even though I've never heard of it before :D

The Dark Elf said:
now you just sound upset cause someone was made a mod over you :)
Dude, grow up. If little annoying remarks like this mean you "win" your little ego game, then fine by me.

Looks great. Im going for sure.

It's stickied because he knows that the movie is an underdog that deserves some attention. Most big-budget sci-fi movies have enough hype as it is, but Serenity doesn't, since it's so obscure. And he knows that the type of people who post here will enjoy it. :D

So its a public service, not an effort to piss people off.

Just watched the first 3 episodes on the dvd and it looks pretty good, the theme tune is crap and i'm not a fan of the whole cowboy/western orientated sci-fi series, but it is definately worth the money and definately going to watch the rest of the episodes.

StardogChampion said:

They may not be class A material, but at least they are more funny to listen too. Why don't you go back and hug your Arnie and listen to his cheesy one-liners

Razor said:
Just watched the first 3 episodes on the dvd and it looks pretty good, the theme tune is crap and i'm not a fan of the whole cowboy/western orientated sci-fi series, but it is definately worth the money and definately going to watch the rest of the episodes.

Were you a Gunman Cronicles fan?

DEATH eVADER said:
They may not be class A material, but at least they are more funny to listen too.
Ah, I didn't realize it was a comedy. Now that I watch the trailer again it kinda looks like one. :LOL:

Buffy...

DEATH eVADER said:
They may not be class A material, but at least they are more funny to listen too. Why don't you go back and hug your Arnie and listen to his cheesy one-liners

Were you a Gunman Cronicles fan?

I recall the name but not what it was, so no.

It is amazing to think that in 500 years time, we will have discovered interplanetary starship drives but still use a horse and cart with wooden wheels. :smoking:

StardogChampion said:

Then what should stickies be used for?

StardogChampion said:
Dude, grow up. If little annoying remarks like this mean you "win" your little ego game, then fine by me.
I'm not the one crying over a sticky..

Zerimski said:
Then what should stickies be used for?
To stop interesting and helpful threads (of which this is neither) going off the page. Things such as rules, links to custom textures, tutorials, FAQs, important information, interesting community activities that could use attention (Forumland). Not for pimping some dodgy movie.

I have to agree with Stardog here, fine, if the movie was StarWars or StarTrek then ok, make a sticky, but it is Serenity, 7/10 at best.

StardogChampion said:
To stop interesting and helpful threads (of which this is neither) going off the page.

I believe it to be both informative and helpful, actually. A number of people had not heard of Serenity or Firefly before this thread, and have now expressed an interest in both.

Why would Star Wars or Star Trek need a stickied thread? Anyone who is interested in either topic knows what is going on, especially in the case of the former where you cannot leave your house for being bombarded with Darth Vader posters. Yet not everyone who may be interested in Serenity has heard of it. I'm trying to get the word out about this film because all the official marketing space will be taken up by the summers big action blockbusters starring Vin Diesel.

Oh, and some dodgy movie? Serenity was originally due to be released in April in the US, however the studio moved it back because the people in the know (i.e. not you) believe it to be a contender for various Oscars ;)

At the end of the day, I deem this worthy of a sticky. So nerr.

Zerimski said:
I believe it to be both informative and helpful, actually. A number of people had not heard of Serenity or Firefly before this thread, and have now expressed an interest in both.

Why would Star Wars or Star Trek need a stickied thread? Anyone who is interested in either topic knows what is going on, especially in the case of the former where you cannot leave your house for being bombarded with Darth Vader posters. Yet not everyone who may be interested in Serenity has heard of it. I'm trying to get the word out about this film because all the official marketing space will be taken up by the summers big action blockbusters starring Vin Diesel.

Oh, and some dodgy movie? Serenity was originally due to be released in April in the US, however the studio moved it back because the people in the know (i.e. not you) believe it to be a contender for various Oscars ;)

At the end of the day, I deem this worthy of a sticky. So nerr.

Spoken like a true person in the know...:).

Just finished watching the first series and i liked it a lot, but it doesn't end in anyway at all, it just stops, probably because it was suddenly cut short halfway through the first season.

Razor said:
Just finished watching the first series and i liked it a lot, but it doesn't end in anyway at all, it just stops, probably because it was suddenly cut short halfway through the first season.

That's exactly why unfortunately :( Although the film takes off a few months after the final episode.

Damn't, while you're at it sticky my thread also... :(

I agree with this thread being stickied is stupid. You people say it like its worthy of a sticky because everyone starts liking it when they watched the trailer, yet to me it was just a generic sci fi movie.

It's not a sticky because you must like it, its a sticky because you might like it, but would never know about it. For the love of Gord, it's just a sticky.

Zerimski said:
Old discussion, but...

I'm not saying Star Trek or Star Wars should get a sticky thread. All I'm saying is that if Serenity gets a sticky, then why doesn't... *looks at Films. TV and DVD*... "Scrapped Princess"?

The answer is simply because you happen to like Serenity, and personally I think it's a lame and unfair reason.

I never had any interest in this series, but I just bought the Season 1 DVD set for pretty cheap, so I will see how it is. I saw the trailer and the movie looks great.

WTF, are they suppose to speak in other languages at random times?

Direwolf said:
Uh, sounds like your DVD player is on the fritz. :D (You mean like French and Spanish right?)

BTW: New trailer is up. Very impressive. http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com...useaction=tools.invlink&u=cabridges&linkID=36
Ya, at random times they will speak a different language. I think the captain spoke a sentence in spanish in the first episode. It seemed like it was done with purpose though, because he was possibly swearing, and it was an entire sentence, not like half of two sentences or anything.

They intermittantly speak chinese throughout the show. According to the special features, it is supposed to represent the effect of old earth having two superpowers (US and China) for such a long time. The sentances they speak are always some curse or vulgarity and I've heard they are funny and nonsensical if you can speak chinese.

staticprimer said:
They intermittantly speak chinese throughout the show. According to the special features, it is supposed to represent the effect of old earth having two superpowers (US and China) for such a long time. The sentances they speak are always some curse or vulgarity and I've heard they are funny and nonsensical if you can speak chinese.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. That would also explain why there is Chinese art and other things from their culture, like dog meat.

See, that's what I love about the show. It's all the small details, like the mixing of western and eastern cultures and the realistic way they portray space that really shows that the creator cared a lot about the show.

Back