short new video-material on german PC-Games

sound does work

play it with DivX

then when you play it...it wont have sound, BUT if u click at a point on where you want to play the movie.. it will work it is wierd

all you hear is some german lady speaking

then Kliener says

"Gordon Freeman. It Really is you isn't it"

then Alyx says

"i found him wondering around outside"

and that is it

OOooOOoooOO hehe yay cant wait

Brian Damage said:
Anyone else here who thinks that Kleiner is going to be a rather comical character?
Yeah, and I don't like it.

Even in Half-Life (PS2) he looked like a science geek, and the Black Mesa Research Facility was full of similar guys. Somehow they were kinda funny (like when they were complaining about their "ridiculous ties"), but just try to think about what they were doing all the time: researching, researching, researching. Probably they were geniuses, but they were treated exactly like the machines used for their own experiments (and no wonder the government didn't hesitate to send out the marines to kill them all).

In one of the Half-Life 2 movies, I don't like the part where Alyx changes her tone of voice and says: "Come on dr. Kleiner, is it gonna work or not!?" or something. She treats Gordon like a human being, dr. Kleiner like a machine.

No, the spoiler is just moppe being a smartass... I highlighted the first word, as I do with most of these spoiler tags, then highlighted the rest.

It says "Just kidding, tools."

A few things.
1: Moppe, you are a prick.
2: I assumed the wandering around outside bit to be the player wandering around a square or something simply gawking at the scene.
3: This schizophrenia bit sounds interesting, albeit potentially crap. Or like the dream sequences in Max Payne...

Jarman said:
Yeah, and I don't like it.

Even in Half-Life (PS2) he looked like a science geek, and the Black Mesa Research Facility was full of similar guys. Somehow they were kinda funny (like when they were complaining about their "ridiculous ties"), but just try to think about what they were doing all the time: researching, researching, researching. Probably they were geniuses, but they were treated exactly like the machines used for their own experiments (and no wonder the government didn't hesitate to send out the marines to kill them all).

In one of the Half-Life 2 movies, I don't like the part where Alyx changes her tone of voice and says: "Come on dr. Kleiner, is it gonna work or not!?" or something. She treats Gordon like a human being, dr. Kleiner like a machine.

I dunno, she seemed to be saying that in a slightly pleading tone to me... like she really wants it to work... we already know from that vid that she doesn't want to be there, and is worrying about what's going to happen...

Well, wouldn't you assume that she doesn't want to be there because they're about to be attacked and they need to escape very soon?

Well, I don't think she knew they were going to be attacked... she seems slightly surprised when the scanners show up...

Brian Damage said:
I dunno, she seemed to be saying that in a slightly pleading tone to me... like she really wants it to work... we already know from that vid that she doesn't want to be there, and is worrying about what's going to happen...
No, she uses the pleading tone with Gordon: "I can't help thinking this isn't going to work. We should have listened to my father and done his way" and so on, then she becomes nervous when she talks about getting "this thing running", and changes her tone of voice completely.

When are you going to upload the full video?
Dying for it.

one thing I dont like in the video, and was also a problem I hoped they would solve from HL1, is the way people simply Slide around when they rotate

brisck1 said:
one thing I dont like in the video, and was also a problem I hoped they would solve from HL1, is the way people simply Slide around when they rotate

If you watch there feet, they dont do that, when theres a slight movment they do a feet sliding motion, which most people do when they turn slightly anyway, and in anycase, every game has that problem!

brisck1 said:
Oh god, i just noticed that, meh its not that bad in my opinion

brisck1 said:
Oh yes, I hate that, that's always a problem.
I hope Valve will do something about it. In HL1 they did have some sort of turning animation so I think we are just seeing an earlier version than what it will be like.

Brian Damage said:
No, that was "Seizure and muscular catatonia". Got the screenshot right here...

Yeah, but seizures and muscular catatonia are symptoms of catatonic schizophrenia, as are hallucinations (also in the psyche vid).

vegeta897 said:
When are you going to upload the full video?
Dying for it.

Omg, that would be about a 50 MB file. 70% is old video-stuff. Well, they talk in between about some new stuff, but pretty much is already known here.

Gonna sleep now, hear more tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind :D I'm dying for any video that I haven't seen before!

Yea, I noticed the sliding too (and does her foot still clip through that wire on the ground?) but again, they say they are in a beta stage so those most likely will get all cleaned up :D

Zebra said:
That makes much sense to me. As Gabe said that Gordon don't know what had happend the last years and while we play-more and more get clear...

Ah, and here's another thing: in the kleiner's lab video, Alyx says "Gordon?, are you okay, you're staring at me again" (like he just snapped out from one of his episodes). This supports my theory a bit more I think ;)

Also, if you have read or glanced at any of Marc LaidLaw's books, you know he favors off-the-wall personalities for his characters.

Jarman said:
No, she uses the pleading tone with Gordon: "I can't help thinking this isn't going to work. We should have listened to my father and done his way" and so on, then she becomes nervous when she talks about getting "this thing running", and changes her tone of voice completely.

Come to think of it, I reckon her tone with Kleiner is more one of desparation...

Max35 said:
Yeah, but seizures and muscular catatonia are symptoms of catatonic schizophrenia, as are hallucinations (also in the psyche vid).

Couldn't they also be symptoms of something else? Schizophrenia doesn't sound right... not for a character who's personality is supposed to be completely transparent...

Alyx: ''Gordon?, whats wrong your staring at me again''

Seems to me like Gordons got a lil crush.

Alien invaders taking over world but noo.....Gords after the ladies :)

KurtCobain said:
Alyx: ''Gordon?, whats wrong your staring at me again''

Seems to me like Gordons got a lil crush.

Alien invaders taking over world but noo.....Gords after the ladies :)

Hey, you can't change your priorities just on account of a little alien invasion.

True, the mans got a dick....Hasn't he!??!?! ....come to think of it he does swing that crowbar a bit widly.....OUCH!?! :dozey:

Back