Snow today, no trains, no work! POST SNOW PICS

That bitch must be so dumb for falling, shit. Damn that'll teach the bitch to leave the kitchen LOL!

:LOL:

Snow ****ing sucks. I really want to get into college tomorrow but apparently the buses and trains round here have been all screwed up so it's not looking likely. I've got so much work to do, too.

The snowfall was very beautiful. Unfortunately now I'm stranded in my village because I daren't travel anywhere tonight with the probability of all that melted snow turning the roads into an ice rink. It's pretty frustrating.

Went sledging though, that was fun. If we had an infrastructure that could cope with snow then I'd like to see a lot more of it over winter.

This is too awesome.

p030108154604yu7.jpg

Sun's sappin' mah dispenser!

(Not made by me, made by a friend.)

My sister's school is closed again tomorrow as well.

Apparently the 4 inches or so of snow we've had is due to freeze over tonight making it super-treacherous.

*looks at photos*

That's all the snow you Brits got? Friggin weakkkkk

"Uh oh mum! Theres a slight breeze cummin in, you fink the Tea Shop might be closed today???"

Sissy Brits.

What am ya talken abart? Yaw spellen of fink imploys we'm all half wits that cawn pronoonce 'th'. I tek offense frum that!

*looks at photos*

That's all the snow you Brits got? Friggin weakkkkk

"Uh oh mum! Theres a slight breeze cummin in, you fink the Tea Shop might be closed today???"

Sissy Brits.

I have you know the tea shop was open today thank you very much.

Supposedly snowing tonight. Not too cold yet, but it was like 60 this morning so if it keeps at this rate and actually precipitates then we should be set.

Edit: Snow dispenser is too beautiful for my eyes.

It was -50*F to -60*F the last time that we had snow bad and no school or anything, so you know, the camera probably wouldn't have even worked. Sorry to disappoint.

We're supposed to get 2 to 4 inches tonight, but surely that won't cancel anything around here.

Haha, that would be considered a wintry apocylapse around these parts. I'm checking weather.com right now.

I had to drive home from Cambridge to London last night (via M11) and I got caught in a really heavy snow storm blizzard, couldn't hardly see the cars in front of me, slowed right down to 35 mph. Terrifying driving conditions, but also a pretty good challenge :D
Last time there was heavy snow on the M11, it just stopped working for a couple of days. Lorries, cars stuck between 8 and 9 I think it is (Stansted / Duxford), nothing moving because they didn't get the salt down quick enough. Was particularly eerie because the drone of the motorway had been a constant for most of my life growing up next to it.

I always get a nice view out of my window here in Brighton. At least when it snows and covers up Hollingdean. No pictures tho :p

SNOW!

imgp0536pc4.jpg

imgp05371033240hs3.jpg

imgp05381043860rf0.jpg

imgp05401064550it0.jpg

imgp05421084726yw2.jpg

Clearly I'm not very good with that camera.

We lack the handy snow ploughs which is the big problem (Snow is a fairly irregular thing in the UK these days). That's why more than an inch or two of snow buggers us up here.

We're getting a blizzard here tonight/tomorrow. I'm talking blizzard in technical terms: 35mph winds, very low visibility, the works. Wish me luck on my way to class tomorrow.

100_0803.jpg

100_0804.jpg

the panoramic shot is of my backyard, and the other is off to the side. there is an apple tree to the left in the 2nd picture and the snow melted a bit but it was about 2-3 times higher last week. we're supposed to get more snow this week so maybe i'll post more. also where there is no snow on my lawn, late at night the rabbits and deer come out to eat

Well apparently, Kent and Sussex (where I live) is due another heavy downpour of snow on Thursday and Friday! :E

Holy cow! It looks like it's summer there! What's the temperature where you are?

That pic was taken like in the Summer or something. She showed me it ages ago. THAT is why it looks like Summer.

University was closed today due to the snowfall. Definitely some of the worst I've seen in a good few years.
Got tomorrow off anyway (no lectures), and more heavy snowfall is scheduled for Thursday, so I might get the entire week off! :D /win.

The snow is finally starting to go here now. At long last! I'd love for the temperature to go up a bit but I doubt it will.

Aha, just gone out in my car, which is front-wheel drive, put my foot down to pull out of my parking space outside my house and the wheels just spun and I wasnt going anywhere.

Braking on this ***t is also a barrel of laughs seasoned with a hint of underwear changing.

The snow's decent over here in Wolverhampton, but school's staying open apparently due to ofsted inspection. Pff cheap ****s.

Back