So, HL2 should be Gold soon !

G

I guess it will be in a week or so !

What do you thing guys ?

well... they announced the benchmark to ship on the 30th.
and they said the benshmark will come BEFORE the retail game
to test the performance...
so i think there will be a delay..

Well the first thing that pops to mind is "Search".

The second thing would be, I think it may go gold sometime this week, next or the one after.

Well they promised us a benchmark, the SDK, and some new info before the release, but as of yet we haven't received any of these things. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think Fragmaster is right.

Lets see, they have said that 30th is the date its out, they have released most of the movies, steam has/is coming into its retail stage and they have released some info on benchmarking...I say the day is drawing ever closer.

Halflife2 is the benchmark! They mean that HL2 will be used as a future benchmark for DX9! Am I the only who reads it like that. The benchmark is released on the 30th, yes its the game!!!

Well , theoretically, the benchmark IS out. Sites like Anandtech, and GameDepot and stuff like that will be posting actual ingame benchmarks tonite. That could be the *benchmark will be out before the games release* statement.

nope..
they said they will release a benchmark based on the source engine
to show/test the performance of it...
its not the full game.
its a standalone benchmark.

I think second week of October is the release, just watch ;)

Well, I doubt that their will be a delay. They would have announced something by now if there was one.

yeah but at the presentation they said that HL2 would be the future benchmark for gaming and it will be out 30th Sept. The stand alone is a separate thing, I agree. I think people are getting confused by the wording and are thinking that the benchmark isn't released until the 30th.

That's the thing, they don't know about the delay because they are trying to convince themselves they can be gold by Monday but by looking at Gabe's weight I would say the stress will kill him before gold :)

Originally posted by FluxCap
That's the thing, they don't know about the delay because they are trying to convince themselves they can be gold by Monday but by looking at Gabe's weight I would say the stress will kill him before gold :)

mean bro lol.

Originally posted by MacGraham
Halflife2 is the benchmark! They mean that HL2 will be used as a future benchmark for DX9! Am I the only who reads it like that. The benchmark is released on the 30th, yes its the game!!!

the benchmark is stated as being a stand alone benchmark, meaning there is a version seperate from the game, but it'll probably all be built into the game anyways.

Basically they never said that it was a Steam or Retail release or both. They just said worldwide... which could mean only Steam.

Then they have until < a week before the 30th to say that its going gold.

Originally posted by Malic
well... they announced the benchmark to ship on the 30th.

Um.. benchmark is already out.

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on the benchmark. I hope at the end of the benchmark there is a screen that pops up with something like you average 62.2 fps !! Kinda like how the 3dMark scores pop up. I know, I am a dork. But that kinda stuff is fun for me.

Originally posted by Slash
Um.. benchmark is already out.

no, he means the benchmarking suite of tools which valve was going to release before the game was out, so that users could see how the game would perform on their systems.

If theres a delay, it wont be more than a couple of weeks. Tbh I dont see what could stop it now. Apart from the idiots at Vivendi :flame:

The only thing I can see that will cause a delay, is the Nvidia render path that they specifically had to design for NV3XX chipsets.

I read this morning Gabe said the benchmark will be made available on Sept 30.

Which on one hand makes me think the game will be released later or that the game and benchmark will be released the same day so inquiring minds can test thier system first before forking out their cash.

Then there are people like me who are going to run over people to get to the store to buy the game as soon as possible. I feel sorry for all pedastrians on Sept 30.

put it this way , if they do delay it then im not even going to follow this game anymore until its out. So if I find out september 30th that the game is Delayed , i will be very pissed like the rest of us.

no, no, they never said that. Show a link please

You know,

This slide says this to me:
The Benchmark isn't for fans to see if their computers will run Half-Life 2, the Benchmark is so members of the press can compare Hardware in a standardised way.

Bla, yeah. It says the benchmark will be released befor HL2 is out. Anyone thought of the idea Valve will release the the benchmark on the 31. September at one o'clock in the morning, and HL2 will be out for sale at around 8 o'clock in the morning? I mean, it would be first..

Uhm, kinda stupid idea, but hey, I like it. :D

Originally posted by Feath
You know,

The Benchmark isn't for fans to see if their computers will run Half-Life 2, the Benchmark is so members of the press can compare Hardware in a standardised way.

What I mean is that it's meant to be more interest to reviewers, not fans.

The reviewers need a way to repeat exactly the tests same tests on different hardware, which is something that you can't do using just Half-Life 2 the game (Because different things will happen).

This explains why the benchmark is being released on the same day as the release date.

EDIT 2: Wrong button, whoops. Hit quote instead of edit.

Originally posted by esno
Bla, yeah. It says the benchmark will be released befor HL2 is out. Anyone thought of the idea Valve will release the the benchmark on the 31. September at one o'clock in the morning, and HL2 will be out for sale at around 8 o'clock in the morning? I mean, it would be first..

Uhm, kinda stupid idea, but hey, I like it. :D

The Benchmark has been released, just not to us.

The Benchmark has been released, just not to us.

And what if they release the benchmark to us? In the morning of 31. September? Yep..

You know,

For magazines to review the game and stuff. I get it now. It doesnt indicate a delay. Roll on Sept 20th! :cheers:

Originally posted by esno
And what if they release the benchmark to us? In the morning of 31. September? Yep..

Or perhaps they'll release it on the 30th of Feburary or the 34th of November.

First off, there is no September 31st. It goes to Oct. 1st after 9/30. Second, the bencmark HAS been released to sites like Anandtech and whatnot, thirdly, HL 2 WILL BE ON STORE SHELVES 9/30 DAMNIT!!!

Back