So I tried some beer finally

vodka + pear juice
vodka + redbull

hmmm....

Ennowee, you never mix coke with anything. It's blasphemy.

So is putting ice in Whiskey, Rum, Cognac, Brandy, Vodka or anything that makes you warm and happy inside. Top tip: Put a bottle of Vodka in the freezer, it's supposed to be syrupy when you drink it.
Amusingly, only about a month after he made this post, Pax bought me a whiskey and had to watch as I put ice in it.

Lourens always has to be all elitist and RIGHT about everything, yeesh.

If I'm drinking whiskey straight I like it on the rocks (like I said in the post he was responding to), but it's just as good not on the rocks if it's been kept in the freezer. The only drawback to putting ice in it is that it gets kind of gross if it melts before you finish and the whiskey gets all watery.

lol, heineken owns though, best beer to party on. Doesn't give you such a blown up full feeling that you throw up in your mouth while dancing.

What do you guys think of Four-Loco? One of those can get me WASTED, but the taste (unless it's watermelon, those are delicious) makes me want to claw my tastebuds out.

If you have trouble drinking beer for some reason, just drink them in front of a crowd of wimmin. (or you can pretend if this is not practical) You don't want to look like a pussy do you?

This actually worked, over a year ago I drank a 750 ml of Woodstock Blue Bourbon straight to impress wimmenz and all it got me was vomitting to Nick Jr.

EDIT:

I am dissapoint @ Beer pussies.

I find so long as you go for beers more expensive than most of the watery piss you see on T.V. (at least in North America, almost all the beer they advertise is the crappy stuff), they can be quite good.

Right now its the other way around for me, I have trouble drinking liquor-based drinks (except for "chick drinks" like Smirnoffs or Mikes).

The cheapest forms of beer is actually access beer foam mixed with water and sugar. These are sold everywhere, and nobody knows.

I have never drank beer or any alcohol drinks. Many have tried to make me drink, but they all failed.
Saying they failed means you intend to drink it, but nobody has succeded in making you, are you going to try it someday? naked? alone? at home? watching home alone? naked?

Ale and bitter is great most of the time. Lager is OK, and God knows I drink it a lot, but I have yet to find a brand that really knocks me off my feet. Wine needs time to be appreciated (at least that was the case for me). Four years ago I loathed red wine, now I love it. The drunkenness you obtain from it is the most pleasant of all kinds of alcohol. When it comes to stronger things I largely just drink whisky and the occasional rum. Drinks are usually too expensive to buy, and I suck at making them myself.

To all you alcohol haters: try cider, it tastes just like soda.

Cider will ruin them. They won't know when to stop!

If you're drinking beer for the taste you're doing it wrong, newb.

But I personally love corona light and its what I'll drink most often (goes down like water). When I want to go all out I'll drink new castle. When I'm broke it's bud light.

I've never been able to develop a taste for beer, at the very best I don't mind it as long as it's cold... liquor is a real man's drink. Just give me some whiskey or rum, maybe some coke to mix it with and I'm golden.

This for me as well.

If you're not drinking beer for the taste you're doing it wrong, newb.
Fixed it for you. Maybe if so many people didn't force themselves to chug Bud or Fosters as some kind of rite of passage or social obligation, then better tasting beer wouldn't be viewed as such a luxury.

Also, ITT: sugar fiends.

Maybe if so many people didn't force themselves to chug Bud or Fosters as some kind of way to get away from life and common daily problems,

I think that's what he meant.

Fixed it for you. Maybe if so many people didn't force themselves to chug Bud or Fosters as some kind of rite of passage or social obligation, then better tasting beer wouldn't be viewed as such a luxury.

Also, ITT: sugar fiends.

If you aren't looking to get a buzz why drink beer? I don't mind the taste but hell, I'd rather drink water if I'm just gonna quench my thirst.

Or course I like to get drunk as a side effect, but I do drink beer for the taste... If I'm looking to get drunk for cheap I just buy bad wine, or if I want quicker results I'll line up a few doubles.

In fact I drink far more whisky and wine than beer since I've come to Ireland, because there's just no good beer on sale where I live. I still prefer beer by far.

Yes. If all you're looking to do is get drunk, at the expense of any other considerations, then you shouldn't be drinking beer at all. It's not really the most pleasant or cost effective route. Of course, I'd still recommend building up a certain taste tolerance to shit beer so that you can drink it when it's the only thing available.

But drunk and buzzed are totally different things. When I'm at a family dinner I drink beer to get buzzy, makes dealing with family much easier without doing anything crazy. In fact the only reason I would ever drink beer is for the buzz that comes with it, even if its only a couple cold beers after work.

If I'm not drinking to get buzzed there are much better and much tastier things to drink. It's kind of like buying non-alcoholic beer, whats the point?

Draught beer and bottled beer taste much better than canned beer so I suggest you stay away from beer that are in cans.

A lot of beers taste horrible but one's that I find to taste really good are:

2849192609_5889dc71d9.jpg

Canada-Moosehead.jpg

st-patricks-day-graphics-guiness-beer.jpg

molsoncanadian-bottleandglass-1.jpg

And always remember to drink beer really COLD.

But drunk and buzzed are totally different things. When I'm at a family dinner I drink beer to get buzzy, makes dealing with family much easier without doing anything crazy. In fact the only reason I would ever drink beer is for the buzz that comes with it, even if its only a couple cold beers after work.

If I'm not drinking to get buzzed there are much better and much tastier things to drink. It's kind of like buying non-alcoholic beer, whats the point?
So you could drink something tastier or more cost effective, but, you know, drink less of it than you would if you wanted to get properly drunk.

It's kind of like buying non-alcoholic beer, whats the point?
TBH non-alcoholic beer pretty much is pointless unless you're a designated driver in need of some sort of psychological comfort. I think the main reason that non-alcoholic beer is so pointless is that it uses mediocre-tasting, watery lager as a model; really all it seems to be doing is aping other bad beer for which the only purpose of drinking is to get drunk.

But theoretically speaking if there was a non-alcoholic version of Old Speckled Hen or TT Landlord which tasted identical to the original (or maybe some Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA to use an American example), then I'd definitely find that more appealing that many of the crappier alcoholic beers on the shelves. To me a good pint is very often like a good cup of tea.

Problem is, presumably if such a thing existed - that is to say, widely available, non-alcoholic real ale - it would be sold beside its alcohol-enabled delicious real ale cousins. There would still be no contest.

Non-alcoholic Kopparberg Pear is tasty as hell.

Carry on.

I am dissapoint @ Beer pussies.

This. Jesus, I really am astounded at the level of fail in this thread. Understandable if your cultural background doesn't include drinking, but otherwise - what are you all, 12 year old girls? I'm the last guy to expect any kinds of stereotypical masculine behaviour, but FFS, it's beer. Nectar from grain and hops. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the average age here. Or is it a US thing?

But I personally love corona light and its what I'll drink most often (goes down like water).

There's a reason for that :LOL:

This. Jesus, I really am astounded at the level of fail in this thread. Understandable if your cultural background doesn't include drinking, but otherwise - what are you all, 12 year old girls? I'm the last guy to expect any kinds of stereotypical masculine behaviour, but FFS, it's beer. Nectar from grain and hops. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the average age here. Or is it a US thing?

Where I come from all the redneck hillbillies drink beer, everyone else drinks vodka and/or whiskey.

IMO if your talking about 'manly' drinks, you can't get any better then whiskey.

Where I come from all the redneck hillbillies drink beer, everyone else drinks vodka and/or whiskey.

IMO if your talking about 'manly' drinks, you can't get any better then whiskey.

Beer, whiskey, vodka, wine, whatever. I just can't stand the 'wah, it tastes bad' retardedness. Unreconstructed nerdery.

So you could drink something tastier or more cost effective, but, you know, drink less of it than you would if you wanted to get properly drunk.

You kind of lost me. But since it's 3 o'clock its time for me to clock out of work so forget about it. Im going home.

Jesus, I really am astounded at the level of fail in this thread. Understandable if your cultural background doesn't include drinking, but otherwise - what are you all, 12 year old girls? I'm the last guy to expect any kinds of stereotypical masculine behaviour, but FFS, it's beer. Nectar from grain and hops. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the average age here. Or is it a US thing?

Quoted for massive emphasis.

Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post
Jesus, I really am astounded at the level of fail in this thread. Understandable if your cultural background doesn't include drinking, but otherwise - what are you all, 12 year old girls? I'm the last guy to expect any kinds of stereotypical masculine behaviour, but FFS, it's beer. Nectar from grain and hops. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the average age here. Or is it a US thing?

Quoted for massive emphasis.

Quoted for ridiculously massive emphasis.

It's probably the reason I stopped stopping by so much.

I'm from the US and it's DEFINITELY NOT a US thing.

This. Jesus, I really am astounded at the level of fail in this thread. Understandable if your cultural background doesn't include drinking, but otherwise - what are you all, 12 year old girls? I'm the last guy to expect any kinds of stereotypical masculine behaviour, but FFS, it's beer. Nectar from grain and hops. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the average age here.

BUT YOU CAN TASTE THE ALCOHOL AND THE FERMENTED GRAIN AND IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE OVERLY SUGARY SODA-POP WAAAAH

You're all pathetic.

Back