So Thursday comes...

people like braska make me mad ;\

steam is a program that allows you to obtain valve products/releases. because it is currently a beta, they allow you to download games for free such as half-life and opposing force. it doesn't matter if you already have the games installed, because steam downloads the steam version of the program.

but why is counterstrike listed under "my games" and not under "availabe games"?

I had a dream that the new media was in reality a basketball game being shown with the source engine...weird stuff.

Originally posted by Braska
but why is counterstrike listed under "my games" and not under "availabe games"?
you must have downloaded it.

steam downloads completely new versions of Half-Life and Counterstrike, etc. You don't have to already have them for it to say that you have them.

y not just release the demo itself and not have to worry about the damn videos =)_

well its 12:00 their time... and im sick of waiting... wtf is going on? erik said most deffinetally thursday....

ok.. its noon.. mid day... im not waiting till 9:00 again... I have work early tomorow....

Too bad, they said late Thursday Pacific Time. Meaning, here in the East, I wouldn't expect it any earlier than 10pm EST.

Wait... I dont get it... since they gave us the cold shoulder Monday... they are coming out today?

I'm glad AZ doesn't go on Daylight savings time... So Right now I'm on the same time as Pacific. Good Stuff.

I will probably get it around 9 then. Central time rules. Heh.

The topic in #steam said "late" today so I'm guessing that that means like... not noon.

-Straylight

I think it'll be worth it...although I'm still not convinced the vids will be released today...

I just sent an email to valve. It had a few questions no one has asked (To my knolage) and i also asked if it was right that the videos will now be released as soon as they are ready. I suspect if he answers at all he will probably give another date or something. I will post his answer if and when i get it :)

Originally posted by ankalar
Valve is never on time.

Yeah... Wouldn't you rather they be working to finish the game ASAP so they meet they're release date, instead of getting some better videos?

they could release any videos at that res and we would be happy.

Can you imagine what people would do if one of the videos was of TF2. People would flip. (unless its crap rofl)

Fun times up ahead! :D

I wonder what it will be like on September 29th 2003.....

:p..... *fears the mIRC room*

why did the topicstarter post again a new thread? I can't believe this. people are making threads every day about steam media and whining about hl2 media. Can't we all do this in a central topic without reading 50% of off-topic and spam posts?

admins should take hard action against lamers and spammers

You guys are wayyy too concerned over this media release. I check a few times a day to see if my steam is updated, and that's it. If it was a considerable amount of new footage, I'd be a bit more eager, but it's just a better version of something I already have (burned to CD :)). In short, stop bugging Valve and blaming Valve and just wait patiently. Don't accuse Valve of being disorganized or lying or whatever - just wait!

I think its the thrill of seeing if valve will release something new without actually saying they will :) but my hopes arn't on that :p

And They said they will release some "NEW" stuff this week so.. ya never know.. ya know?

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
Yeah... Wouldn't you rather they be working to finish the game ASAP so they meet they're release date, instead of getting some better videos?

Yes, I'd rather them finish the game. You never know, this could turn into TF2 although I doubt it will.

....zzzz.....videos.....zzzz....*wakes up*....what year is it?.....2991?!?!?!!.....damn steam still hasn't been updated.....*goes back to sleep*......zzzzzz......

shhtop it'll come, just wait. good things come to those who wait

The vids are ready, they just dont want bugs in steam thats what they are fixing and thats why we are waiting

man making vids can't be this hard unless they are writting the vid recording software now...???? =!

I bet they are trying to compress it to the smallest file possible which takes forever unless you know what you are doing. Or maybe steam isn't ready for media files yet.Or they are sitting in their chairs laughing at this forum as they calculate how many millions they will make off this game =D.

If we where happy and excited with cam footage how hard can we be to please lol.

As i have stated many times before now lol, i blelieve it is because they want everything to be perfect when they go on steam because they want people to keep steam.

No more information will come out till September 30. Frankly thats what I wish itll be like. Youll thank them for it later. The game will be 10 times better if you know the least about it. Im frankly not so hyped for it tho, good thing tho means i can wait for it. But it will be way better for me since I dont know much.

Back