So Thursday comes...

go back to the official forums thug :d

there will be more info released, erikj said that they plan to make several more video releases over steam in the coming months.

This whole new media thing was a joke by 2 kids on this forum. I wouldnt doubt if THUGENSTE1N is right about no new media tell september. It will probably be mid september though not the 30th.

haha. you guys need to maybe email gabe or perhaps get on irc occasionally and talk to erik :\

I wish everybody would stop speculating about the media, it will be out when its out

Just imagine if Valve hadn't of shown us any videos at all. We would still be anticipating HL2 and nothing would change our eager want for it. Be appreciative that Valve gave us the 600mb video. I personally don't want to see too much "new" videos because then my appreciation for HL2 will begin to fall. Hype, as you call it. I want HL2 to last a very long time jsut like HL1 and if we continue to overhype HL2 believe it or not, we may become bored of it in a sooner timeframe.

Anyways, i like being surprised more than knowing before hand..

Yah its say Thursday "maybe"...
Also #steam you cant talk in becuase its a support forum.
Use #steam-hangout, its says Thursday "maybe"

Originally posted by MIWojo11
Yah its say Thursday "maybe"...
Also #steam you cant talk in becuase its a support forum.
Use #steam-hangout, its says Thursday "maybe"

Oh, now it is maybe? Bleh... Me tired :x

fo`moms`house changes topic to ':: Steam-Hangout - For all Off topic talk :: HL2 Media out tonight 8:00 Pacific time || Need help? /msg SteamBot <question> in #steam || Be mature people'

hooray!

-edit: okay, gay, i thought i just read steam, not steam-hangout.

8:00 is uncofirmed

The 8:00 PM PST isn't true. The ops in #steam put the topic as "HL2 Media Late Thursday (USA Pacific time, GMT-8)" with the GMT-8 to give an indication as to night "where" so people halfway around the world don't get confused, and an op in #steam-hangout interpreted this as 8:00 PM PST. This is wrong. GMT-8 is the designation for PST. This does NOT mean it's coming out at 8:00 at all. Frankly I wouldn't get my hopes up for 8:00 if I were you guys. AFAIK ErikJ hasn't said anything about 8:00 PST at all, unless I'm mistaken, as I'd like to be...

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do I connect to #steam. What server do I have to connect to first?

Actually the ops confirmed it, not that that necessarily makes it more likely. But they do know about the -8 thing, and that isn't what's confusing THEM at least, if they are confused.

I think #steam is on gamesnet
Bah! My mIRC isn't connecting...

And Thursday goes, and Friday comes... lol I'm not waiting on it, I'll just be excited when I come home from vacation and its waiting for me to download, I'm gone for a week so it should be out by then :)

patience

I am no longer pining for the release of this vid. I don't know what I was thinking by wasting my time staring at the games part of steam. I am now ready to wait and find out that they are out, I will be suprised instead of disappointed...I am re-installing my life.... its summer....time to stop staring at steam and enjoy the cali sun. Cya all online in september!

Re: patience

Originally posted by RUBBERMONKEY
I am no longer pining for the release of this vid. I don't know what I was thinking by wasting my time staring at the games part of steam. I am now ready to wait and find out that they are out, I will be suprised instead of disappointed...I am re-installing my life.... its summer....time to stop staring at steam and enjoy the cali sun. Cya all online in september!

you'll be back within a day

I couldn't care much less when the video comes out. What I do care about is when the real game comes out, but I highly doubt that will change. People on this board are getting way too pissed off about the release of this video. Just think, would you rather have them working their asses off on a video for you to watch? OR..would you rather have them working their asses off making HL2 better...

I'll take option 2...

they arent working on the video, they are working on steam and making it bug free so that hl2 can be released on time

Back