Spawning npcs, require help

btw for some reason the modles for the resistence fighters is set to the citizen spawn command only after a certain point in the game, so therefore when you spawn in citizens at the end of the game they look like resisteence fighters, but in the beginning they will only wear the jumpsuits, regardless of what they are wearing they will follow you anyway though.

omg!
im gonna replay the whole sp adventure with some friends following me around!
"wait for me dr.freeman"
"Sorry dr.freeman"
"Overe here gordon"

lol..will be so fun!

The strider in the ground prob can sometimes be fixed by going to a high place and using npc_create_aimed, the strider just stands around and doesn't move though, it shoots its gun but not the secondary beam weapon, you can kill it and use its legs to kill enemies too which is pretty funny.

Strider vs Vortigaunts is pretty cool, here are some pics, the huge strider is on the skybox map, it looked pretty funny.

Enclosed in spolier tags, look at your own discretion, possible map and creature spoilers.

In pic 010005, the Vort is shooting at some antlions that spawned behind me. He was also the last one standing, the others ran off when the shooting started to get bad.

Okay, so, is there any way to delete NPCs if you spawn them accidentally? And, since the Citizen NPC model is chosen at random from a pool of all the citizens, is there any way to choose one specifically?

For destroying NPCs, I tried using NPC_select and npc_destroy, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Okay, I figured out how to remove NPCs (Put your crosshair over them, and type ent_remove in console), but I'm still not sure how to spawn specific types of civilian. Say, for example, a Medic?

Yea, but, I've spawned dozens of npc_citizens and not gotten a single medic. It'd make sense for the Citizen medic to be a different Class, because they have different AI routines (Ie., Give Health to Ally, Give Health to Player). Anyone know if they're actually another class, or if the fifty guys I just spawned randomly all came up as normal npc_citizens? ;)

guchi said:
theres a console command called "list models" and it lists all the models (really?) that you have loaded, so i found some interesting ones, but i havent tried them yet...

combine_scanner
gman
gman_high
male_02 all the way up to 09
female_02 all the way up to 09
police
breen
gunship (i tried this, still dosnt work)
mossman

now the thing that strikes me is the vortigaunts, you never see them fight, yet they have ai and can fight (both ranged and melee)

You see them fight at Black Mesa East when Alyx says through the cracks to go to Ravenholm (watch the Vorts shoot the Combine)

if you would've just asked me...

I found them all the day hl2 came out :)

Weapons:

weapon_357 (revolver)
weapon_pistol
weapon_ar2 (energy rifle)
weapon_bugbait
weapon_crossbow
weapon_crowbar
weapon_frag
weapon_physcannon
weapon_rpg
weapon_shotgun
weapon_smg1

Ammo:

item_box_srounds
item_ammo_pistol
item_large_box_srounds
item_ammo_pistol_large
item_box_mrounds
item_ammo_smg1
item_large_box_mrounds
item_ammo_smg1_large
item_box_lrounds
item_ammo_ar2
item_large_box_lrounds
item_ammo_ar2_large
item_ammo_357
item_ammo_357_large
item_ammo_crossbow
item_ml_grenade
item_rpg_round
item_ammo_smg1_grenade
item_box_sniper_rounds
item_box_buckshot
item_ammo_ar2_altfire
item_ammo_crate
item_battery
item_dynamic_resupply
item_healthkit
item_healthvial
item_suit

NPCs:
npc_combinedropship
npc_combinegunship
npc_combine_s
npc_crow
npc_seagull
npc_pigeon
npc_dog
npc_eli
npc_fastzombie
npc_gman
npc_headcrab
npc_headcrab_fast
npc_headcrab_black
npc_headcrab_poison
npc_ichthyosaur
npc_kleiner
npc_launcher
npc_manhack
npc_metropolice
npc_monk
npc_mossman
npc_poisonzombie
npc_rollermine
npc_cscanner
npc_stalker
npc_strider
npc_vortigaunt
npc_zombie
npc_zombie_torso
npc_alyx
npc_antlion
npc_antlionguard
npc_helicopter
npc_barnacle
npc_barney
npc_breen
npc_citizen

X2Cube said:
if you would've just asked me...

I found them all the day hl2 came out :)

Weapons:

weapon_357 (revolver)
weapon_pistol........

lol, how did you find all those on the first day??

Someone find out how to spawn a turret.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Someone find out how to spawn a turret.

Please do :)

for both sides please ^_^

h00dlum said:
Tried the Itchysaur out..its behaves very weirdly but it works, dunno why they didint use it in the game..

here are som pic of old Itchy :)

http://dump.nasabox.net/dump/Itchy1.jpg
http://dump.nasabox.net/dump/Itchy2.jpg
http://dump.nasabox.net/dump/Itchy3.jpg

There was a fully working version in the leak, complete with fully working map in which it was used. I guess they cut it out :(

--

Also, I was wondering... could you make combinecarry multiple items? like next to a gun also grenades and maybe a health vial?

Hey guys, nice thread btw. I had two questions... 1. Has anyone figured out how to spawn striders and such above ground? I know somone posted this earlier on how but i didnt quite understand their explination. And also, when spaning somthing like the combine dropship, mine flew around fine and everything, but after alittle bit he just froze in one spot and just moved around in that one spot (e.i trning left and right in circles) Anyone know why? (and mabey how to prevent/fix it?) thx also, for some reason on the map when ur outdoors like the whole time, and ur going from house to house clearing them out, with the buggy, when i spawn the flying dudes, e.i gunship/dropship, they fly to one spot every single time and once they arive they get stuck... :( help!

As far as I can tell the striders spawn on the grids base, so if a map is raised two points then the striders head is only visible.

Something I noticed in the leak last week, the striders head wasnt fully textures, when you noclipped near its head you went inside it (like a sitting position)...perhaps strider rides were planned?

good point azzor, but somone earlier said there was a way lol, oh well
now i just wanna resolve the gunship/dropship prblems :(

Someone said theres away to spawn striders on ground or to ride them?

Anyone know what the combine elite npc is called. I cant find it for shit.

spawning the stronger manipulator

how do i spawn the stronger blue manipulator u get in the citadel? i want to use it throughout the game, not just in the end of the game? anyone know any developer commands to do this?

MaxxPayne said:
how do i spawn the stronger blue manipulator u get in the citadel? i want to use it throughout the game, not just in the end of the game? anyone know any developer commands to do this?

I think EVERYONE is wondering this. :naughty:

Swany4287 said:
I think EVERYONE is wondering this. :naughty:

you can't... you gotta do it like this

change map to d3_citadel_03

wait for the gravity gun to turn blue, then type changemap <map name here>

and then type impulse 101 or give weapon_physcannon and it will be the blue one

Vito Dintino said:
Hey guys, nice thread btw. I had two questions... 1. Has anyone figured out how to spawn striders and such above ground? I know somone posted this earlier on how but i didnt quite understand their explination. And also, when spaning somthing like the combine dropship, mine flew around fine and everything, but after alittle bit he just froze in one spot and just moved around in that one spot (e.i trning left and right in circles) Anyone know why? (and mabey how to prevent/fix it?) thx also, for some reason on the map when ur outdoors like the whole time, and ur going from house to house clearing them out, with the buggy, when i spawn the flying dudes, e.i gunship/dropship, they fly to one spot every single time and once they arive they get stuck... :( help!

i think the problem with the dropships, gunships, and helicopters flying to the same point is because they dont have way points... notice how the gunships allways flew in the same path? well i belive it uses waypoints... so yeah =\

Pretty simple way to spawn striders so they dont get lost in the floor.

give npc_strider

voilla!

Should work with the gunship etc. but Ive not tried.

edit: oh yeah, they spawn directly above you, so god mode is a must if you dont want to be impailed.

ahh ok thanks a bunch guchi, gonna have to find a way to program their waypoints ehhehehehehehehehe, (ug..)

I don't think you can spawn explosive barrels. They aren't an NPC. Maybe with Give or something.

For the medic thing, I tried spawning a regular Citizen with npc_create_equipment item_healthkit, and it just crashed the game

Eternity said:
How do you open the console? I'm an idiot.

Go to main menu, keyboard, advanced , develepers console on/off :)

Press ~ to bring it up after the console is ON in the keyboard advanced options :)

Thanks! :) When I bind a key, will it automatically reset when I close out of Hl2?

here is a bink video i made that i think everyone will like. highway 17 level. if you havn't got there don't watch.:

breen.zip

Hey lads,spawn in Alyx and Fr. Gregory and give them their own weapons.They own the lot.

Attachments

• thewayitshouldbe.jpg
    thewayitshouldbe.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 551
wow, vortigaunts kick butt...

i put like 4 vorts against like 15 combine with pulse rifles and they kicked arse.

About the blue manipulator.. anyone tried give weapon_megaphyscannon?

Nevermind, just tested it, unknown entity

Back