STEAM Backup - HL2 DVD Cover

this is awsome,

its e-cover, you require to print it out.

^Ben said:

ksimm said:
OK Here we go:

As requested there are now USA and Euro Editions for Bronze/Silver and Gold Steam Packages all with Game of the Year date fix :)

You can download these 'Cover Packs' below, all zipped packages contain a high resolution JPG and PDF.

Bronze:: EURO Version
Bronze:: USA Version
Silver:: EURO Version
Silver:: USA Version
Gold:: EURO Version
Gold:: USA Version

USA=ESRB 17+ / UK=PEGI 18+

There you go, take your pick! :)

very nice thanks man thanks :D

OK, how about the Collectors edition COVERS for the euro (UK)

please post it.......................

if anyone wants me to host some of theirs on my webspace email me and i'll make a folder on www.cyzer.net , my email is cyzerr (at) gmail (dot) com
Might as well make a collection on there so you can find them all quickly

ksimm said:
You can dload them :) the links are in my post a couple up, bronze/silver/gold

Orange County, isn't that where they make American Chopper ?

yes, but is there any collectors edition covers yet ?

for the UK retail ;)

ksimm said:
You can dload them :) the links are in my post a couple up, bronze/silver/gold

Orange County, isn't that where they make American Chopper ?

American Chopper is on the East coast (near new york I think). No idea why they called it Orange County Choppers. I though Orange County was in California, ie the west coast.

Class program tho. The Teutels have me in stitches with their arguing. Big Paulie Snr and his size 12 boot.

PlasmaBurnz said:
American Chopper is on the East coast (near new york I think). No idea why they called it Orange County Choppers. I though Orange County was in California, ie the west coast.

Class program tho. The Teutels have me in stitches with their arguing. Big Paulie Snr and his size 12 boot.

One of me favourite programs, best Reality-TV program in my opinion :)

I dont get it, how are you guys printing it? No matter what program or size I set it to its always off by an inch or something.

Can a mod sticky this thread? I bet a lot of people would download these labels since a lot of have the steam versions.

that is pretty sweet dude, nice work!

i like the 1337 barcode :D

azz0r said:
I dont get it, how are you guys printing it? No matter what program or size I set it to its always off by an inch or something.

I use a program called Acoustica CD/DVD label maker. There should be a trial of it somewhere (google it). Just do an art search and apply it to the cover bit. Select the correct paper and it does everything else for you. Does the same for the actual dvd labels too.

Here you go folks a nice link for all the covers and the Disc Label I created, with easy clickable links Steam HL2 Backup DVD Labels << Clicky

More coming soon

That's awesome... can you add the citadel box and cd one also? It'd be cool to have a collection somewhere if we start getting a lot of these... i really wish a mod would sticky this thread :(

Are you able to do a version with these changes:

*GOLD VERSION (instead of silver)
*MA15+ for the rating (instead of R18+)

:thumbs: [email protected] :thumbs:

Kel Thuzad, how were you able to make that cd shape into a .jpg? I've used a few different cd label programs but can never export to a .jpg. Instead i just hafta color the background white.

ksimm said:
Here you go folks a nice link for all the covers and the Disc Label I created, with easy clickable links Steam HL2 Backup DVD Labels << Clicky

More coming soon :)

I just finished making mine I used one of your covers for the back coz I was lazy... I just changed a few things like the BG image and the images in the box's I also changed the text and added a source logo. Hope you don’t mind....

Click here for the small scale version 72dpi

Click here for full scale version 300dpi Warning (3.72 MB)

Check it out..

Good work there coZ (and thanks to ksimm), good to see an Aussie version!

aeroripper said:
Kel Thuzad, how were you able to make that cd shape into a .jpg? I've used a few different cd label programs but can never export to a .jpg. Instead i just hafta color the background white.
uh, i dont know man...i found these already in .jpg...
Anyway, why do you want it in .jpg ? It doesnt really matter does it ?

Okay i made some dvd inlets for the silver and gold editions (who needs a bronze? Go buy retail :-P)

Although i suppose they COULD be used as a cover also... i'd just hafta make them bigger.

anyways, also made some CD label things...

I used some of the concept art that the one artist girl made of the combine guy, looks cool.

EDIT: Also does anybody know where i can download that half-life² or half-life font people have been using in some of the covers (like the citadel one)

You guys are really talented.

Is there any online tutorials on how to use photoshop (I assume your using Photoshop)?

I'd love to have a crack at some of my own.

Nice nice nice. Gimme please :D

[email protected]

Edit: I overlooked the links where I could download it. Thank you for doing such a great piece of work for the community!

Wow this is freaking awesome. 3 problems though: I need a printer with color :D (have one but the ink is already used up) & I would like to know how big the files etc are & how I am supposed to burn it? I have a dvd-rw disc & a dvd-burner. Never used it for dvds before :) I think I got a disc with MyDVD with it though. I think it burns discs for me :D

Alec_85 said:
Wow this is freaking awesome. 3 problems though: I need a printer with color :D (have one but the ink is already used up) & I would like to know how big the files etc are & how I am supposed to burn it? I have a dvd-rw disc & a dvd-burner. Never used it for dvds before :) I think I got a disc with MyDVD with it though. I think it burns discs for me :D

You can use your DVD-RW to back the files up... just format it and then use it like a regular DVD blank...

When HL2 is released and you have all the preloads downloaded go into the folder "\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps" you should see some GCF files... well go into your burning software start a new DVD Data session and burn the GCF files that contain the word Source or half-life 2... after you burn the files u can use that disk when u need to re-install steam... eg. You formatted your computer and u lost steam… all u need is to download and install steam and copy them GCF files back to the folder "\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps"... load steam up and it will be all there ready for you. Double click on Half-Life 2 within steam for it to install/run the game when it’s released.

Thanks. Now all I need is to figure out is how to actually burn it. Need a software. I suppose it's almost exactly the same as burning a CD?

Next up: Where to find a printer that works? :)

godam I used that xp cover problem and it still printed it out too small :mad:

Back