Steam Mirrors Here

Maskirovka

Reaction score
if you know of places where the new steam installer is going to be mirrored, post em here. that way people can stop hammering the steampowered.com site.

i know fileplanet will...and i assume fileshack will since they hosted the beta.

post others here

If I'm not mistaken, only existing Steam clients will be updated today. This will be done automatically by the client, and shouldn't need to be 'mirrored'. Standard half-life clients will be updated seperately via a downloaded patch after a week or two.

ctsone, that would go against what valve has mentioned continuously.. they said everyone will have to download this new client.

Originally posted by festivalman
ctsone, that would go against what valve has mentioned continuously.. they said everyone will have to download this new client.

And you've got to remember that you won't actually have a User Account any more so you can't open the old Steam Beta.

steampowered.com and valvesoftware.com are giving 500 Internal Server Error already :) God I love the smell of fried server in the morning (not that it's morning, over here). Anyway 15 minutes to go and I'm betting on Fileplanet or my ISP's gaming portal. Cheerio!!

According to board time, Steam will be up in 2-3 Minutes, however is the Steam site still down. It'd be nice if people could post other links in here except just Fileplanet.

Demand > Supply.

Well...when that happens the price goes up...or something like that =P

guys, he's lying. for several reasons.. first, steam was calling for popular game sites to mirror this thing, and they would be contacted via email so they could have it ready beforehand to mirror it easily. no sites have been contacted yet, and no sites have it. if they don't have it, this loser above definitely doesn't have it either.

steampowered.com is dead due to too much traffic heh...

Originally posted by ripkord
la-hoo seh-her

ROFL... if thats the case I think were all losers for waiting to be the 1st to download steam and geta low steamID and of course, that includes myself :dork: :cheese:

Probably because they can't update their servers since they're swamped!

let me get this straight - is the only way to update steam to go to the steam site, or use steam itself?

is anyone eles steam page badly messed up like all white no pics?

no

a bunch of people said they will host steam and we are waiting for them to give us download links

its a 500 kb download

That sometimes happens when a page uses cascading style sheets and is severely overloaded.

I downloaded a ~500kb file called SteamInstall.exe but it won't connect.
How big was the last install file?

yes the steam page pics won't show for me either on the site, at the mo. it did an hr ago!

They should've just told us that Steam would be released over the next few days. If we didn't have the exact date and time, we would just be checking every so often. Then the servers wouldn't be bogged down right now.

Btw...I'm not sure if it's it.. but I'm d/ling a SteamInstall.exe that's 555 kb from filemirrors

EDIT: And it says that it was added today.

is the only reason you lot want steam is cause the HL2 VIDS??

i mean if they didn't do the HL2 VIDS would ALL OF YOU crowding the site want it????

you dont need an installer guys... I think all of you have steam and its going to update itself.

The box ain't down, they just shut of the httpd. Do a nmap on steampowered.com and you'll see. The box is there, it's just not letting anything in :)

And oh, does anyone know if it's possible to just update the existing steam-client?

GET STEAM NOW
IN MINUTES, YOU'LL BE PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE GAMES

The Steam client initial download is about 500kB. Please select one of the links below to get started. (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

There are currently no download locations available.

The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th.

Originally posted by OCybrManO
I downloaded a ~500kb file called SteamInstall.exe but it won't connect.
How big was the last install file?

that file's actually still up on fileplanet...it was:

673.6 KB

no idea what a 500k one would be...but i've seen those at filemirrors.com :p

Back