Stone's Pet Project...

Originally posted by No Limit
I know that this is a little old but you should really turn that room into a map of your house, would be amazing for the HL2 engine.

yeah that would be cool!

hey why not take No Limit's idea's a step further.. Do a bigger than average competition, model your own homes as maps in HL2 (when its out) and then put them all together as some mod.. Not quite sure how the game would work out, maybe multiplayer, run around everyone's homes in one long street killing each other... or sometihng errr I haven't really thought this out have I :D

We tried this, we were all going to make a room, of a hotel and then put them together and make them into a map....but even though there was a good response, no-one rally joined in, which was a shame :(

Originally posted by Stone
We tried this, we were all going to make a room, of a hotel and then put them together and make them into a map....but even though there was a good response, no-one rally joined in, which was a shame :(

that is a shame, deffinately should try again with it. Could be great fun to do as a community mod. Your hotel idea would work better than a street and different home suggest of mine too. Maybe it just needed a couple or so done to begin with to get the ball moving. Maybe setup a library of things like carpet styles or wallpapers to use, for those who can't get to make their own but can build the maps

Hey, one mod I was planning, which would have been like a minimod, mainly to test things, was going to be based on The Shining and the overlook hotel... So.... Why not model the overlook, plus furniture, plus maze outside, kitchen, golden ballroom and so on. Then fill it with all the weird stuff that went on, including those scary twin girls, and not forgetting the elevator of bloody hehe

I did at the time try hunt down floorplans and blueprints of the hotel. An impossible job considering most of the interior was fictional and filmed in a way to give the impression it was bigger than it really was. But I had read it was filmed so you could in theory map the hotel from what was seen in the film version.. and lets face it. Deathmatch in the overlook would be a fun game no? :):)

... i gotta start keeping some of these idea's to myself haha

Originally posted by Fenric1138

Hey, one mod I was planning, which would have been like a minimod, mainly to test things, was going to be based on The Shining and the overlook hotel... So.... Why not model the overlook, plus furniture, plus maze outside, kitchen, golden ballroom and so on. Then fill it with all the weird stuff that went on, including those scary twin girls, and not forgetting the elevator of bloody hehe

actually this idea was already put forward, (BY THE ONE AND ONLY HAZZA ;))and i started on the kitchen but gave up after no1 would join in, we had an entry by myself the roof and also by Hiro who made the reception......hmmmm, might start again, you never know :p

When I learn to model properly (when I get a new computer) I'll help you. jesus, I cant believe I didnt notice this thread earlier. i was going to do this on Worldcraft....

You should do the Overlook, its just begging to be done and you'd be the first and get to be all smug n stuff about it, I doubt I'd have any time now to do the mod myself, not if i plan on doing those others. And if would be cool to see one where you can play as Jack, running around with his axe trying to hunt down the family heheh

Back