Stone's Pet Project...

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
You can't (shouldn't) get 3DSMax for free.

you can get the Gmax for free though....

can you render stuff with gmax? i havent seen an option for it yet

Originally posted by switch
can you render stuff with gmax? i havent seen an option for it yet

No unfortunatly you can't :( but someone with 3dsmax should b able to for you :D

when you put somehting together you want rendered PM me and i'll do it for YA. that goes for anyone with GMAX. Within reason of course.

Originally posted by HiroProtaganist
when you put somehting together you want rendered PM me and i'll do it for YA. that goes for anyone with GMAX. Within reason of course.

and I'm sure i could spare at least 1 of my 8 computers to rendering things too :p

doesnt max5 come with software to link up pc's to share rendering? put those other 7 to use! :)

not sure never really looked to see, but I have a program somewhere that does it anywho....so :p

the final render might have to use all 8 of the computer resources...or at least 7 of them, so that i can still work and post on this 1 :p

Has anyone done the kitchen yet? Because I reckon it should be like the one from the Overlook Hotel (from the shining), not that I can model or anything, but I'm good with ideas.

get some images of it and i'll see what i can do (might have to put it as the first level basement though unless, we put an extention onto the base of the hotel.....:p

(by the way theres alot of updated images in the sign-up thread...)

I've used 3Dsmax, and thanks, I've put alot of work into it...and it aint finished yet ;)

update on the original STONE'S PET PROJECT will come in the morning people, hopefully i'll of finished my room by monday :cheese:

GI render?!? elaborate please...it's been along day...

GI=global illumintation (like a skylight, or sun or daylight with exposure control and radiosty to make it look really sexeh)

Ah this isn't fair, I have got my mate's dad's copy of 3dsmax 5, he's on hollidays for a while and won't be using it, but I don't know how to use it, I can get a sphere, woot! oooh look, a teapot, I'll do the teapot fellas, I've got you covered :p I can't wait for your next update, I was looking foward to the entire house, wondering how you would do the roof. Where you going to include the rafters and tiles etc? also, did you model a light switch for your room? or a light? hmmm?

Originally posted by UDHA
Ah this isn't fair, I have got my mate's dad's copy of 3dsmax 5, he's on hollidays for a while and won't be using it, but I don't know how to use it, I can get a sphere, woot! oooh look, a teapot, I'll do the teapot fellas, I've got you covered :p I can't wait for your next update, I was looking foward to the entire house, wondering how you would do the roof. Where you going to include the rafters and tiles etc? also, did you model a light switch for your room? or a light? hmmm?

don't worry i'm still going to model all the house :p
and yes i have but thats 4 the next update ;)

well let's see the next update!!!!

and something else, are you going to implement bump mapping or anything like that into your surfaces? I wouldn't know how to do this myself, but I know the effect is pretty good.

Im gonna go on a murderous rampage if atleast some of this isnt made into/included in a map for HL2 multiplayer. :)

You NEED to make this map destructable... yes.. extreme destruction.. yes..

how bout we give the whole building a crate material :)
imagine shooting thorugh the whole building with a minigun from a blackhawk :) or maybe from a 50cal on the inside :)

Originally posted by mindless_moder
i think some of it will be a map .
udha do u do 3d ? coz its very easy to bump map.

I'm really wanting to learn 3d stuff, I just did my first bumpmap, ya it's pretty easy, but making my own, and trying to line it up with the texture, I'd be lost. Actually, I don't even know how to place a texture ;(

dont go into the depths of texturing yet unless ur a 2d artist.
try some 3d fist i suggest u get wings 3d its free :)

I'm fairly comfortable in photoshop, and before I start making complex models, I want to learn the lighting effects, any tips? sorry for going of track stone, but I'm getting bored waiting for another update :p

yes, for game models etc, you don't need lighting as you may notice from my renders of weapons etc, lighting really my strong point at all, so, just go and model something, best way to learn in my opinion :p

anywho, we'll have an update in about an hour on this :p

Sorry for the double post but.......

YAY, a small and rather insignificant update, YAY!

room27.jpg

what a neat room hmmmm....
nice stuff but wee really need a gi render :) download e-light .

More useless updates (YAY).........

room28.jpg

and the finished one will be rendered propperly dnt worry :p

gj on that, but one thing haunts me.. those extremely oversized push-pins..

hehe, they're great aren't they, i don't have them that size anymore but i used to....they were so cool, so i thought i'd put them back in :p....

It you really want me to, i'll make some normal size one .....

lol hehe no keep em the same and make lil smiley faces on the end of them :cheers:

aye, i know, i'm going to do that, once i get around to scanning in the pictures that are drawn onto them :p

inspired by Stone i'd thought I would model my own room:

http://www***bbermat.myby.co.uk/bedRoom.jpg

i'm quite new to modeling so alot of things need work on like light and textures.

EDIT: hes a top view, ignore the lens flare oO

http://www***bbermat.myby.co.uk/bedRoom_above.jpg

Back