Stone's Pet Project...

stone try 3dbuzz.com for plugins that is where iget all my max shit. or turbosquid. sometimes people load plugins and scripts there for free most times you have to pay though. and damnit i hate dell keyboards. i'm at my parents houst using theirmachine which is relly nice Top of the line and all except this clunky piece of Sh*T keyboard and god awful mouse. sorry no need for that tangenent but i feel better cursing this computer. F' Dell

hehe, I hate dell too, don't worry about it :p

thanks for all the links, I think I've fallen in love with SimCloth though, it amazing...

anywho, a quick update, I've just used simcloth to make the pillows and bed clothes for bed :cheese: although in the HL2 version i'll make them less polies I think, as they're 4800 polies each :x (so I get good collision without having too many polies and taking too much render time :p)

EDIT: Doh! forgot the image :p

simcloth.jpg

CDs from top to bottom:

Avril Lavigne - Lets Go
Green Day - Nimrod (lost cover ;()
Pararoach - LoveHateTragedy and
New Found Glory - Sticks And Stones
GreenDay - International Superhits!
David Gray - A new day at midnight
Pararoach - the first 1 cnt rem name :x
Korn - Follow the Leader
Travis - The Invisible Band
Stereophonics - Just enough education to perform
Stereophonics - Performance and cocktails
Sum41 - All Killer No Filler
Travis - Good Feeling (god took me ages to find somewhere that sold this and now its everywhere :()
GreenDay - Dookie
SuperGrass - SuperGrass
Travis - The Man Who

EDIT: damn just noticed that the top texture isn't in the right postion, damn :S

u can thank me later for the sim cloth ;) u might also want to get ur hands on shag hair plugin for making fur and stuff. nice scene u have there

where did you get simcloth is it any good? I use havok reactor cloth but its pretty cool, kinda confusing to set the shyte up though

hehe, I'll thanks you now then :p
where is the shag hair? i've looked but can't find it :(

oh well, more renders:

room16.jpg

room17.jpg

room18.jpg

Sim Cloth, if i rem correctly, From http://www.maxplugins.de its pritty confussing at first, and laburious, i'm going to try one of the script things for it, see if they make it easier :p

lol looks pretty sweet but your windo looks like a microwave with a small planet in it... i like it though, is your room really that red? oh and you gonna do the whole house?

yes, well, sort of a darker red, but its only WIP so far, I'm going to post some actual pictures of the room to go with it when i'm finished :p

cool, you know when your done modelling you should animate the camera looking about the room, shouldn't be too hard plus we will get to see it in all its glory :)

damn, paying for something ;(
oh well, i'm getting a new job soon so I'll get it then :p
in the process of doing a quick look around movie for you guys :p
don't know how it'll turn out, so dnt expect anything specatular yet :p

but fortunatly its running at 40 seconds a frame so it shouldn't take that long :p

thanks mindless_moder, I might take you up on that, depends how well it turns out after my attempts :p.....which aren't very good at the moment

Woo, that spins a little too fast for me, might wanna slow it down.

I would.....If I could figure out how.....I know how to do it in the animation, but it'd take to long to lengthen it and render all the frames again :(...anyone know any other way to do it?!?

and more updates coming soooooon..

Originally posted by Innervision961
where did you get simcloth is it any good? I use havok reactor cloth but its pretty cool, kinda confusing to set the shyte up though

Reactor isnt that hard, Cloth is simple, so is water and wind and all that other poo.

that's great stuff man!

someone mentioned porting it into hammer to create a map... is that possible? If so, how? I would rather build my maps with a model engine and just port it in if it works like that...

edit: ahhh n/m, i figured out how to export as a q3radient .map... though it messes up the model like crazy :x guess i'll keep trying to get it right..

hehe, new update....

would someone be able to lengthen the movie for me, because I cnt figure out how, whats premier?!?

anywho..images:

room19.jpg

room20.jpg

Yes, I know, i can't be bothered to set it :dozey:

Originally posted by Rad
that's great stuff man!

someone mentioned porting it into hammer to create a map... is that possible? If so, how? I would rather build my maps with a model engine and just port it in if it works like that...

Yes, It's even possible to use the model straight from 3dsmax, but it'd be easier to port it..... With an exporter from 3dsmax to Hammer format :p

I'm going to ask next, where i can get one :p

and I'd build it in hammer, but I never really got the hang of that program :x and I'm using this not only as a level, but as a learning experiance and as something to put into my portfolio...

latest image:

as always C&C welcome.....

room21.jpg

I have slowed it down to about as slow as it will go (well as slow as I could get it to go) without it having a bad frame rate.
I will post the URL in a minute.

Edit: It's not in DivX anymore and the quality isn't great, also the file size is bigger than the original, I had some trouble with the DivX codec. Although, the sheets on the bed are a bit screwed, they were pretty bad in the original file, I think I just made them worse.
The URL - http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/bunnandhazza/Room.zip
Anyway, that's my attempt, I just did it on Windows Movie Maker, very simple.

thanks Hazza :p, great job...

I think ineed to fix that bed, might have to put the cloth emulator back onto it again

Right First a new render.....

room22.jpg

and a quick bit of information....

Hazza if you want to remove the lengthened file you can, i've posted it onto my webspace, and have included you name in the readme.txt file, If you want you e-mail added, PM me :p

Lengthened movie:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Stone_World/Room.zip

I wanna put your room into a havok file and destroy it with my mouse, man thats fun to do.

Ah, this is great :) You might've just insipired me to model my room :p

nw909 if you know how-to do that, i'll gladly give you the file :p
as long as you send me a copy :p

heh, lookign great stone :)

shag: hair is an amazing program. I'm doing a school project and i'm using it to simulate the heath grass, it is downright amazing. however, it takes forever tyo render on my machine. :(

Its also in 3dsmax, Reactor, yeah I know how to do it, but I don't know how to export it as a playable file, I think I need some macromedia director or something.

hmmm, sounds like a plan.... I'll see if i can find out how to export it as a playable thing :p

.....oh and i'll finish the room tooo :p

Damn stone, those are nice. What program are you using? XSI, 3ds?

Back