Stone's Pet Project...

YAY, new update...shame no1 will prob see it because of this damn, problem at the moment..oh well, i'm posting it anyway :p

room23.jpg

(Is amazed at the lack of people going 'WHOA! That's fooking cool!')

stone how are you doing the texures. Are you taking pics of your room with a camera or what?

for some things i'm taking pictures (cd's, dvd's) , for others i'm making them (carpet etc) and for others i'm scanning in(like posters, pictures)..

it's a pritty long process to make them all...but i will prosper :p

Originally posted by Jebus
Looks cool, I think you should just make on room then pass it onto a buddy that uses Max and have he/she make there room down a hall or something.

Pass it around so many times, and have so many rooms that you break records for file size, people working on it.. hell it could continue forever.. that would be cool!

that's an amazing idea, hey, why don't everyone from the models & skins section join in :p that'd be cool

yay, well what i'll do i'll post a floor plan on here so people can download it, add there room so no1 over writes someone elses work :p

I'll do it now, as i'm waiting for my GF to call and have nothing better to do :p

nw909, well give us a plan of it, and a load of pictures, and it'll be something to add to my portfolio...maybe you should do the textures for it though :p

well anywho, here's floor plan 1:

floorplan1.jpg

Right now, the key:

Orange = Corridor (if we wants to join them all ups)
Green = Outline of room
blue = window
Pink = door

right this way no1 blocks someones window door etc, so we can join them all up and have a wander around people rooms...

If your planning to make a room, please send me an image of the shape of the room, with doors, windows etc marked as above, so i can allocate space :p

oh and if anyones got a better idea how to do this PM, E-mail or post it.. PLEASE :p

I am inexperienced in modeling... but I just got an easy modeling proggy, so I can give some things a try.

Originally posted by Jhahn2k4
I am inexperienced in modeling... but I just got an easy modeling proggy, so I can give some things a try.

cool, well I've learnt alot making mine (and its still not finished)
its a great learning curve and i'm sure everyone one hear will be willing to help, and abuse is very little here... I try to make sure of that :p

oh yer and UPDATE :p

room25.jpg

(i've temperarily moved the light over so you guys can see propperly, oh and i know the cds at the top are the same as the others, i need to retexture them :p)

and has anyone got a hair plug-in i could.. *ahem* "LEND" *ahem*.....
cos I need to put hair on the thing bellow (on the left, real one on right sorry about pic, but its dark and lights+flash only make it worse :x)

hairy.jpg

stone you should leanr how to make volume light and then make some come in throught the window as the only source of light like in day time.

sorry for the double post im having problems.
if you are going to share this dont put it up for download give it ot the person directly it works out that way.

thats the way i'm going to do it... although at the moment i might just post my floor so that people can start now...while i finish mine

also remember to send us floor plans so that we can see where everything is going to fit....might have to do several floors or something...and maybe end up making it into a house or something :p

sounds fun... :p

but for that i'd make all the books on my shelves seperate, not like i'm doing at the moment for the level version :p

anywho, please e-mail me at:[email protected] send you floor plans :p

Originally posted by mindless_moder
hey stone when ur done can i be the first to make a room ? please :)

yes, cool, i'll send you my floor now, so you can start, if you want, just PM me or e-mail me your e-mail or something :p

oh and on a side note, the loverable and always helpful, MrBadger has agreed to help me map it :p

No i mean to turn it into a HL2 map when it is completed :p
for all you people to destroy, i'll e-mail you the floor now :p

u didnt send me any furniture?
oh yeah and does it have to look lik my room or can i just get creative?.

I know that i never, because my room isnt finished yet, so with that you've got a basic idea of where the room is, so you don't over write it and so i can send you all the furinture etc and it'll import into the same place as the room :p

oh and i'm not sure..i think it should be your room :p

a new small update (although its taken me a while to do..damn keyboard and it still aint finished :()

keyboard.jpg

room26.jpg

Looking very nice so far, nice job man.

P.S Get a bigger monitor :p

my monitor sucks, but i have no $ to upgrade it.

Ooo, are you planning on making keys that actually have number/words?

yes i am :x...its gonna be hard :p

and no my enter is that way round.....and also, i like my monitor just the way it is..... (i also plug my tv into my computer 2 to serve as another monitor :p)

hey stone im not making my room make space in ur room for a water slide kind of thing im making one from my room and im making the pool and all .:)

Ahhh... so this is what I signed up for :p.... so no worries, yeah I'll be mapping this... (altho I'm still not sure about what exactly I will have to do... no worries mate ) :)

Originally posted by mindless_moder
hey stone im not making my room make space in ur room for a water slide kind of thing im making one from my room and im making the pool and all .:)

oh ok, well maybe the pool should be on the bottom floor though :p

EDIT: oh and Badger, no worries ;)

Back