Striders are apparently serious.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the little box in the HUD above the ammo readout. I believe it says 'Squad' or something to that effect, and has three icons representing the men in your squad. Certainly is a new and novel feature.
I don't think the Striders are really meant to be killed. It's just a matter of trying to hold them off while people get to safety.

Xaxor said:
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the little box in the HUD above the ammo readout. I believe it says 'Squad' or something to that effect, and has three icons representing the men in your squad. Certainly is a new and novel feature.
I don't think the Striders are really meant to be killed. It's just a matter of trying to hold them off while people get to safety.

Striders can be killed, this has been confirmed in previews.

I got the feeling that, perhaps, it wasn't one of those set-pieces where you were supposed to kill either of them, but just run away. That is, you couldn't kill them (not in that bit, anyway), and you just had to scarper. In the sceond video, there's the little tunnel in the crater where the player dies. I thought that maybe you were supposed to run into that and away from the fighting like a pre-pubescnet girl. With a goatee. I'm sure there were one or two sequences like that in HL1/Op4, but I'll be buggered if I can remember<Tries frantically to remember>
Probably it was nothing like that at all, but they just seemed too ridiculously hard to be part of a game that is essentially supposed to be enterrtaining.

el Chi said:
I got the feeling that, perhaps, it wasn't one of those set-pieces where you were supposed to kill either of them, but just run away. That is, you couldn't kill them (not in that bit, anyway), and you just had to scarper. In the sceond video, there's the little tunnel in the crater where the player dies. I thought that maybe you were supposed to run into that and away from the fighting like a pre-pubescnet girl. With a goatee. I'm sure there were one or two sequences like that in HL1/Op4, but I'll be buggered if I can remember<Tries frantically to remember>
Probably it was nothing like that at all, but they just seemed too ridiculously hard to be part of a game that is essentially supposed to be enterrtaining.

Yeah, a bit like when you are running from Gargs. I didn't understand why the player didn't just run into the Tunnel.

Back