Supply depleated..

To simon: Yes you are right . Now when i looked he looks like an alien..

To quinny: The forst " beard " thing is the " warp " thing.. And i think G-man is a second layer over that " warping ".

Byt the horse.. woha! :D

Hmm, i think it's a human/combine or something that reflects.. :p Well, i shall look on the hl2 movies again and watch them frame by frame.

I think the text is some type of report from a scientist who went back to black mesa, or someone (possibly the gman) who is studying him in his coma.

how can i take a picture of a certain frame in quicktime?

Hmm, i watched the movie again and i just pressed the mouse button on the seeker and it stopped right here..

It looks to me like it says " Not the... " The text is longer but this was the best " view " i could get without so much blur.

Look for yourself. It's in the 25 minutes movie.. 19:22 <- is the time.

Attachments

• text3.jpg
    text3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 296
Ok, I had nothing better to do so I decided to help some.

here is what I got:

under observation. (Galvant?) activation with sev...(ere?)
evidence of seizure and muscular catatonia reco..(rded?)
titration of 30 ml sample sustained alpha acti... (vation?)
Freeman, Gordon increased activity in neural s...
no response. Subject to availability and (urgency?)
unkown vector at this time. Requirements of ...
beyond current threshold...

thats all I could do...

I don't know which software you're using geek, I got a clear picture.

Attachments

• np.jpg
    np.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 300
Originally posted by LoneDeranger
It says Northern Petrol.

Hmm, why would they " spray can " norther pole.. ? :S It looks like the old HL1 spray " Surrender Freemen "

I mean Petrol not pole lol :)

The wallpaper image of Gordon is interesting , his glasses do have a reflection and now i cant help but wander what it is. On the far left of the reflection looks like the siloughette of a person.

The text sounds to me like after Gordon decides to work with G-Man , he is put into a coma and they perform experiments on him. Although ive also always suspected that the G-Man caused the Black Mesa incident. So i cant wait to see this story.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
The wallpaper image of Gordon is interesting , his glasses do have a reflection and now i cant help but wander what it is. On the far left of the reflection looks like the siloughette of a person.

The text sounds to me like after Gordon decides to work with G-Man , he is put into a coma and they perform experiments on him. Although ive also always suspected that the G-Man caused the Black Mesa incident. So i cant wait to see this story.
the concept art isn't photo quality.. the reflection is indecipherable =\

Hmm, i looked again and i saw this formula when the " warping " thing started in the end of the movie..

Could this be the formula that they have used on Gordon?

Man, the text at the end goes by soo fast. Im amazed at how you guys can capture it and decode it, gj

No, we actually pause it and use the arrow keys :)

Somebody on the other forums said it's just a bunch of calculas formulas though.

The horse seems to be the silohoutte of the horses in this image:

Maybe just ship cargo. But I did the calculus eqaution. It's definately something, H2 was the answer. (squared, not 2)

OK, you really do have too much time on your hands if you're doing calculus equations. :b

well its not the whole equation, just from what the screen showed, and h2 was the only reasonable answer, though its incorrect, because the rest of the formula is not shown, i worked with what i could

I'm just joking with ya. Heck, I'm spending my summer night logged in here reading endless speculation on a game that comes out in three months.:cool:

summer night? its all ive done all DAY and NIGHT since summer started. I really need to get a tan.

Anyway, yes, I think we've done all we could guys. We aren't going to decipher anything else. Just wait for the media on Monday.

Quote originally by Min Rizor
Ah... yay.
I've taken a couple screen captures of the text and am now tweaking the images so that they're easier to read. Grayscale conversion and tweaking the color levels/contrast seem to help a lot in certain instances...

Here's what I've deciphered (and what's already known):

"Evidence of seizure and muscular catatonia [recorded?]"

[catatonia is being in the state of catalepsy, which by my circa 1961 Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, is defined as such (I'm not using fancy-arsed pronounciation letters and abbreviations, mind you)]:

catalepsy \`kat-ehl-,ep-see\ n. [Middle English - catalempsi, from Medieval Latin - catalepsia, from Late Latin - catalepsis, from Greek - katalepsis. Literally, the act of siezing, from katalambanein - to seize, from kata + lambanein - to take. More at latch.] A condition of suspended animation and loss of voluntary motion in which the limbs hold any position they are placed in. \ Related words, catatonia, catatonic. adj. or n.

Interesting! So yes, the suspended animation is a correct theory, it would seem. (whether it was externally induced on Gordon or happened as a result of physical or mental trauma from the Black Mesa incident, we don't know.) I suppose if you wanna look it up yourself, feel free to using your own dictionary, or even one online. Next line of text, please!

"titration 30mL sample sustained [aloha...!?]"

Nothing too new, there, but I included the best decipherment of the as-of-yet unidentified words in the line. It might actually help, but probably not... And the next line or two...:

"Freeman, Gordon increased activity in neural [SC?]"
"No response. Subject to [availablility?] and urgency."

On the "no response" line, if you pull back another frame or two, you can look at the last word a bit more easily.

"[?] unknown vector at this time. Requirements"
"beyond current threshold for [amgycatic/amgycalc?] [support/suppression?]"
I think that it's more likely that the text is a sort of status log in Gordon's HEV suit. Because after all, it would still be monitoring his condition while he was comatose. The suit would also most likely keep a record of what it finds wrong with him and also what it administers to him.

And as we know from the original Half-Life, the suit has many tracking devices in it. Chances are, the suit itself also has a kind of global positioning or similar system that keeps track of where he is. Maybe he's in some other dimension while still incapacitated? (and some time before he regains consciousness, he is transported to City 17?)

An' that's my two cents. It was from that other post, entitled "overanalyzing is fun!" started by PriNcE oF SpAcE.

Ok.. :p Well, now we know alot about the text.. Here is the rest of the formula..

Ok im posting alot stuff here but THIS is kinda intresting..

Is this the " female " from hl1 that we could see?

The hazard course female..

Attachments

• female.jpg
    female.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 285
Is this a prowler.. holding something.. looks like a girl to me.. her dress and her arm.

That doesn't look really all that female to me... maybe it's that jumpsuited guy or Father Gregori that have been mentioned as friendly characters? (refer to the IGN preview) It sure looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit, to me.

Originally posted by geeK
Ok im posting alot stuff here but THIS is kinda intresting..

Is this the " female " from hl1 that we could see?

The hazard course female..
her name is gina, and that isn't her.

Consirding the lips it looks like a female in my eyes.

Well, it could just be that whoever it is gawking at something with their mouth wide open.

It's someone related to hl2.. :p Maybe the Security guard.. ... what is he's name again.. ... Barney!

This is like a Rorschach test or something...you see what you want to see.

Originally posted by Direwolf
This is like a Rorschach test or something...you see what you want to see.
stop making up words!:LOL:

The green thing (the ones the appears right before the G-Man) is apparently G-Man's other self.

Back