Tables chairs etc...

Originally posted by Apos
It's obvious. We've arleady seen examples of BOTH things in the video, and there is a post from Gabe in the info thread that clarifies this exact point. But go ahead: mail him some more redundant questions.

I have not seen that in the videos.
I have seen individual planks get shot from a distance, without any aim on the gun so I dont even know if they broke for real where the bullet hit or if it was totally scripted. I dont know anything of what I'm asking in the mail....thats why I ask you know.

And, if they could (witch I really really hope they could) shoot the legs of a table making it tint, and maybe even blow a whole through the tabletop, I sure think they would have done that in the demo instead of taking their precious time to balance up those planks and shoot at them instead...

guinny, i just sent an e-mail to gabe, and we'll settle this once and for all. (about the AI)

Originally posted by Seb
I have seen individual planks get shot from a distance, without any aim on the gun so I dont even know if they broke for real where the bullet hit or if it was totally scripted. I dont know anything of what I'm asking in the mail....thats why I ask you know.

And, if they could (witch I really really hope they could) shoot the legs of a table making it tint, and maybe even blow a whole through the tabletop, I sure think they would have done that in the demo instead of taking their precious time to balance up those planks and shoot at them instead...

Watched it again, and there even is a table in that "physics-room", but he doesn't shoot at it, he only shoots at the melon on top of it. Isn't that strange?

Then you didn't look. All you have to do to do what you are saying is build a chair or a table out of boards. It's easy to infer the answers to your questions.

In the strider vid, we see an ornate dresser break apart into actual separate pieces. In the tunnels vid, we see crates break into random debris rather than specific pieces. So that basically covers both things.

Then you didn't look. All you have to do to do what you are saying is build a chair or a table out of boards. It's easy to infer the answers to your questions.

In the strider vid, we see an ornate dresser break apart into actual separate pieces. In the tunnels vid, we see crates break into random debris rather than specific pieces. So that basically covers both things.

Is that 'tunnel vid' part of the long video presentation?

If not, do you know where I could find it? Thanks.

That isn't really enough evidence for me....but I sure hope you are right. If it is possible, then we have a world that really starts to behave like the real world, and that is so cool I cant describe it with words :)

Not only the tables and so on, also shooting a wooden door to pieces, shoot large chunks of wood out of it, untill theres nothing left and so on.....would be so cool both for realism and for actual gameplay too :)

You know we are on the same side here, just that I need more evidence then you do :D

We are really stepping unto the unknown, realism is good to some extent.

Originally posted by Seb
That isn't really enough evidence for me....but I sure hope you are right. If it is possible, then we have a world that really starts to behave like the real world, and that is so cool I cant describe it with words :)

Not only the tables and so on, also shooting a wooden door to pieces, shoot large chunks of wood out of it, untill theres nothing left and so on.....would be so cool both for realism and for actual gameplay too :)

You know we are on the same side here, just that I need more evidence then you do :D

Your insecure, I don't blame you, I am too. But I'm not going to go seeking evidence. Time will tell. Time always tell people, remember that.

Back