"teh scream"! The famous painting! IT WAS STOLEN!! oohhh noooes!!

thats an awesome painting :( why did it have to be stolen?

though it was probably the very root of alternating caps in one sense or another.

Yeah! it was an awesome painting

My guess is that some rich bastard ordered that painting to be stolen, so he can add it to his private collection somewhere :/

IMO it will never be seen again... :/

hmm.. it says another version remains in a different museum, so I guess at least we still have one of em

:( Anyone know where you can get large piccy's of famous works of art? I'd love The Scream for wallpaper :)
What are these guys going to do with the painting? Sell it back?

Oh no! Whatever shall we do! .. Um yea, I dont really care about art myself, but it would suck if it was stolan then broken or something.

apparently hitler burned the real mona lisa

but thats just a rumor

it would be a shame if it got ruined.

Its been stolen before and retrieved. Though its really sad I mean why dont they have gaurds protecting the painting so stuff like this wont happen. You'd think that they would make more of an effort second time around.. live, learn, and lose.

OR you could view this in a cynical way and saythat someone inside the museum stole it, and is only using this just to gain attention from world wide sources. as this is also on cnn dot com

Maybe some James Bond dude came in, I'm more interested in how they stole it.

Dalamari said:
Maybe some James Bond dude came in, I'm more interested in how they stole it.

They enter, put a pistol to a head and leave with the painting.

I'm gonna steal a famous painting someday... not to sell... just to have...

Its pretty much impossible to sell a painting like that, the person who buys it couldn't display it, it'd just be sitting in a box collecting dust, so I don't know what someone would steal it :-\

I was going to put it back!!!

Well, being a norwegian, this gets close to our cultural inheritance and therefore sucks even more! It's worth around 100.000.000$ And you forgot... "The Madonna" was also stolen... Sons of bitches

It'll hang nicely on my wall, right above the TV.

The Madonna will go to the bathroom.

Apparently the stealers were fecking amateurs, and the paintings can't simply be sold for some reason.

Haha...Thats great. But yeah, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to sell it. Obviously putting it on ebay would be a stupid thing to do, however this is a whole "Black Market" for this kind of thing. And there will always be someone who will be ready to buy it, even if all they do is place it in some room where nobody goes. They know they have it, and that is enough for them.

Back