The Completely Unofficial (But Danimal & Ennui Endorsed) NIN Thread

I can't stop listening to In This Twilight. It's so amazingly awesome.

Oh My God. That concert was the best thing I've ever seen. Ever. The setlist was so perfect.. ARGH, I wanna go again :(

Barney, did he play much new material?

Also, In This Twilight is FTW.

He played the entire album for the Spiral members, before the concert began. But during it, it was all old stuff. LOOOADS of TDS-era stuff, absolutely amazing.

****ING DETAILS.

****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

He played the entire album for the Spiral members, before the concert began. But during it, it was all old stuff. LOOOADS of TDS-era stuff, absolutely amazing.

The show I went to had 5 or so songs from PHM, some from Broken, etc. This tour is ALL about the old school.

Incoming: Stigmata's rendition of In This Twilight.

oh god the pressure, THE PRESSURE

[edit] It's up! http://media.putfile.com/In-This-Twilight---My-Duet-with-Trent

Also, a disclaimer: I was singing real quiet-like because my room specifically does not muffle sounds, and if my brothers heard me singing they'd start yelling at me to stop, which would ruin the recording, *deep breaths*, ERGO, my lack of volume is why the falsetto sounds so awful. That is all :p

The entire Year Zero album?

Yep, the entire thing. The spiral members got pizza too :(

From what they were saying, it's absolutely amazing. I don't think they got any recordings though, unsuprisingly.

Yep, the entire thing. The spiral members got pizza too :(

From what they were saying, it's absolutely amazing. I don't think they got any recordings though, unsuprisingly.

I heard Trent asked them kindly not to record anything.

okay...whoever the git was that decided to rename this thread doesn't have any idiots to ban? whatever.

heading out in about an hour to pick up my copies of BYIT :D

I just got Beside You in Time. I have two words..the first one is holy and...well you can guess the second one. My favorite performances so far are RWIB, Only, Closer, and The Big Come Down. I didn't watch the bonus features yet

OH SHIT BYIT IS OUT I COMPLETELY FORGOT BECAUSE OF ALL THE YEAR ZERO HYPE

omg i will be back in about an hour, it's time to go to best buy

and beside you in time is arguably the best NIN song on WT

Such an amazing DVD. I loved every minute of it. Also, yeah, BYIT is one of WT's highlights.

The DVD is awesome, I drove ~25 over the speed limit the whole way there and back I was so excited

Can anyone make a quality rip of the audio including bonus features (Non-entity, Somewhat Damaged, that good stuff)?

BYIT irritates me, I mean it just goes on...

...and on...

...and on...

...and on.

The song, or the DVD? I can see how the song being too long could be a problem, but the DVD's length is one of the reasons it's awesome, there are like 20 songs on it or something around there :O

Oh, and I've been listening to In This Twilight on repeat for like three days now

The song, or the DVD? I can see how the song being too long could be a problem, but the DVD's length is one of the reasons it's awesome, there are like 20 songs on it or something around there :O

Oh, and I've been listening to In This Twilight on repeat for like three days now

Nah the song, I just hate the weird backbeat sound... like the ending of it though.

Ahhh was listening to it loads earlier :D

Realy really good!

\m/

Can't wait for Year Zero now and the gig on Sunday!

I like the ending of BYIT (the song) because it ends.

Wow, Something I Can Never Have is f'kin amazing! :D

Uhg. I preordered my BYIT, but it's still not here.

Uhg. I preordered my BYIT, but it's still not here.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

I got mine at Best Buy for 10 bucks like 10 minutes after they opened.

What the **** man. I checked pretty much every store near here and they don't even have anything RELATED to nin.

I'm leaving for nottingham in about an hour to see them tonight, annoying that they won't play newcastle but it's still gonna be awesome.

My friend said that she saw a note by someone who'd seen them either last night or the shows before then and the setlist was:

Somewhat damaged
You know what you are
We're in this together
March of the pigs
Piggy
Suck
Only
Closer
Gave up
Burn
Dead souls
The day the world went away
The big comedown
Hurt
The hand that feeds
With teeth
Down in it
Star ****ers Inc
Head like a hole
not in order apparently.

Piggy, We're in this together, big come down, day the world went away...holy crap. Wish I could have been there.

They played The Day The World Went Away and The Big Come Down at my concert (Feb 22, 2006). They also played Even Deeper, which, sadly, didn't make it onto BYIT.

They played The Day The World Went Away and The Big Come Down at my concert (Feb 22, 2006). They also played Even Deeper, which, sadly, didn't make it onto BYIT.

If they had played The Day The World Went Away at the June 9th show I would have had an aneurysm of excitement, that's my favorite NIN song; unfortunately they didn't. We did get a lot of amazing songs though.

BYIT is on special at Best Buy for $11.99. BBY seems to enjoy discounting new NIN releases, I remember getting With Teeth on the release date for like $11 or $12 as well.

I already bought another copy of BYIT as a present for my friend... very good DVD.

Good to see this song didn't follow the "intro, verse, quiet part, chorus, quiet part, verse, chorus, noise solo, outro" format like the last four songs.

Not as good as the others. It'll grow on me, I think.

Yeah, I'm not enjoying this as much.

EDIT: After two listens, it's growing on me. I'm loving the noise flip out near the end. Has anyone noticed that all of the songs released so far have a 30-second to a minute instrumental outro?

I actually just mentioned that, in the post you referred to :p

Back