The Half-Life Fact File

Blue shift does take place over the course of almost exactly one full day, although a large portion of that time is spent unconcious after the elevator crash.

Decay is approximately the same length, minus an hour or two.

Sulk's timeline there does contain an error though. Shephard's chopper crashed LONG before Barney teleported.
In fact, the crash happened a few hours before Barney woke from his elevator accident. Shephard's journey to the hospital and treatment for his injuries took nearly a full day of unconciousness.

Are those time estimates or based on something ingame?

In anywho, I'll post an updated version of the fact-file soonish.

Ah, well no, most of it I just made up based on common sense, dramatic effect (as Freeman travels deeper down into the heart of darkness, night falls! :rolling:) and the time of day shown in the skybox.

Shephard's chopper crashed LONG before Barney teleported.
In fact, the crash happened a few hours before Barney woke from his elevator accident. Shephard's journey to the hospital and treatment for his injuries took nearly a full day of unconciousness.

How do you figure that? Though thinking about it, this timeline doesn't give Shepherd nearly enough time for his beauty sleep...

You might be interested. I made this useing Mecha's Fact File and a time-table of the chapters from another site.
*Warning, contains theories and specultation*

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.zip
    5 KB · Views: 263
Sulkdodds said:
How do you figure that? Though thinking about it, this timeline doesn't give Shepherd nearly enough time for his beauty sleep...

Two marines in Blue shift have a chat about how Shephard crashed, just before you leave the underground sewer canal area.

Mechagodzilla said:
Two marines in Blue shift have a chat about how Shephard crashed, just before you leave the underground sewer canal area.
No, it's that Shepard's team has gone missing. Which doesn't even make sense as he wasn't the comanding officer of his unit(unless the guy in the choper giving orders was just gonna drop 'em off and head back to base for tea and scones).

ríomhaire said:
No, it's that Shepard's team has gone missing. Which doesn't even make sense as he wasn't the comanding officer of his unit(unless the guy in the choper giving orders was just gonna drop 'em off and head back to base for tea and scones).

Yeah it's a strange way to talk about it. Unless they just happened to be friends with Shepard, in which case they might refer to the team he belongs to as his?

Eejit said:
Yeah it's a strange way to talk about it. Unless they just happened to be friends with Shepard, in which case they might refer to the team he belongs to as his?
Yeah. Shepard might have been well known. He must have been good to live through BM, broke all the records in the obsical course, shooting range etc.

I think it's safe to say Shephard was at least the second in command of his particular group.
Giving orders to a team was the final part of Shephard's training, after all.
Plus, only the guys in Berets ever command him. All the rest follow his orders, which puts him somewhere in-between.

Anywho, 'crashed' and 'went missing' are the same thing in this case.

Sulkdodds said:
Here's something I made earlier:

-1:00 hours, 8:15 am 15/5

Black Mesa working day starts. Freeman is asleep.

-00:29 hours, 8:46 am 15/5

Freeman wakes up late and races to the train.

-00:05 hours, 9:10 am 15/5

Freeman reaches test chamber. Experiment starts.

Zero hour, 9:15 am 15/5

Containment failure.

~paste
+5:05 hours, 2:20 pm 15/5

Shepherd’s chopper goes down over Black Mesa.

+19:20 hours, 4:40 am 16/5

High-altitude launch centre breached. Rocket launched.

+21:35 hours, 6:55 am 16/5

Calhoun disappears through the old teleporters.

+21:40 hours, 7:00 am 16/5

Freeman’s capture reported.

~cut

+26:25 hours, 11:40 pm 16/5

First reported sighting of Race-X.

Anyone have any disagreements with this? In the opening segment of Opposing Force, it looked to be mid-day. When Adrian comes to, the sky starts to get a little pinker as time goes on, suggesting it would be about 6-9pm depending on what month we're in. Shepherd didn't need much time for beauty rest because he was up and running around immediately after the crash. 4-7 hours of sleep should be enough don't ya think? ;)

Adrain got shot down at the time the HECU arived, whenever that was.

has anyone noticed? in the opening scene of op4 you cold see the clifs gordon goes to later, short after that, the chopper goes down.
i strongly belived it was adrian's chopper which gordon brought down, but there's one problem... the chopper in hl blows up in mid-air after you hit it...

i doubt it was a plane adrian was in, but you're right, he shot down an apache, the one adrian was in was certainly a carrier...

It was a plane. Check the wreckage in Opposing force when you return. And considering you were flying in the opposite direction, and that you weren't even firing at anything and were well past the cliffside by that time...No.

i can't argue with you anyway... :D
no but you're right again, i should really think more before i say something... sorry.

Ugh, a full 28 pages.

I'm going to read it all though. I'm determined. =(

Mianly cause I havn't played Half Life or its expansions.

Wasn't it one of the Xenian manta things which shot Shepard down?

Anyhow, can this be restickied now the forums have been shaken up?

Yup, it was a manta. And Shephard was flying in an osprey, as far as I know.

-Angry Lawyer

This is now in singleplaer(and the Combine-on-Xen) and un-stickied(as is the read walkthrough thread)? I'm finding this new single-player/R&S devide confusing.

Shouldn't the Singleplayer become gameplay and R&S become story? Makes Shens to me.

a great, detailed & extensive storyline for Hlaf Life and it's expansions, as well as clues towards Half Life 2 which i picked out quite easily, after reading so much about Half Life.

I have made my own storyline on my perspective on Half Life, it's expansions and the sequel. I have used references from other helpful sites, as well as adding my own stuff.

Attachments

• Half Life Storyline 2.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 411
brad92 said:
a great, detailed & extensive storyline for Hlaf Life and it's expansions, as well as clues towards Half Life 2 which i picked out quite easily, after reading so much about Half Life.

I have made my own storyline on my perspective on Half Life, it's expansions and the sequel. I have used references from other helpful sites, as well as adding my own stuff.
Use Times New Roman FFS. And I refuse to read on after the
1995:
Combine sieze the Boarder World.

riomhaire, do you mean its good or bad, i need it a little more obvious.

brad92 said:
riomhaire, do you mean its good or bad, i need it a little more obvious.
I mean fancy fonts only make it more dificult to read and piss people off(making them less likly to respect your views) I am not reading it when it contradics offical statement from Valve(see other stickied thread in this forum)

Hey, not relevant to the fourm or not, but did you see, in Half Life 2, in the orange-red portal obove the Fusion Reactor, what looked like the image or scene of another world.

Combine Homeworld or at least some sort of 'staging world' I think. :O

In reality you didn't see it. If it was part of another (Combine) dimension, you could only see it as a human-dimensional world.

Not necessarily. People are mixing up different popular and scientific meanings of "dimension" imo.

The combine's "dimension" is just another universe with very similar if not identical basic laws to our own. It isn't made up of 'extra' dimensions a la flatworld.
Do you really think their technology would work on Earth if it was?

It could be the equivalent of us putting a pencil to paper. PaperWorld (TM) is 2-dimensional but we can still affect it.

But yeah, we just don't know. Personally I don't think CombineWorld (TM) is that much different from ours in terms of the way their reality works.

The fact is paperworld is not real, it's an analogy to help us understand the concept of other dimensions.
There is no evidence for a two-dimensional universe existing somewhere inside our own, or that our universe exists inside some bigger 4(or 5 inc. time)-dimensional plane.

Eejit said:
The fact is paperworld is not real, it's an analogy to help us understand the concept of other dimensions.
There is no evidence for a two-dimensional universe existing somewhere inside our own, or that our universe exists inside some bigger 4(or 5 inc. time)-dimensional plane.
He wasn't trying to say that paperworld actually exists, but it wasn't completely an analogy, more of an example of what the interaction would be like between a 2d and 3d universe so that we might better understand the possible interactions with higher-dimensional beings in our own 3d universe.

If there is ANY higher-dimensional being in the HL2 universe it's the Gman.
Nobody else.

He's the only one who has powers and abilities that seem beyond that which advanced rebel/combine technology could replicate. Looking at the flatworld analogy the Combine should be able to 'teleport' by moving "up" from our plane, travelling a bit in their own and moving back "down" again. They obviously cannot do this.
The G-man? Well it would explain his messing with our 4th dimension (time) wouldn't it?

i hope what i say doesn't ban brad92, but this whole zip file is a copy-paste from the half-life saga storyline site... i mean like, wtf man, try to spend some time thinking about the game insted of copy-pasting...

I'd say all the Combine's Words, Xen, the Vorts homeworld and Race-X Land are all 3 dimentional.

And I'd even go as far as saying that they're governed by the exact same lawset when it comes to their physics. I.e., even though the actual forces might vary in strength, they'd still be subject to gravity and suchlike. So in a universal sense, their home dimensions are really damn similar to ours :O

As for the Gman, you could call him godlike. He appears to have a plan for every circumstance, and is arguably infallible (as there's no real evidence that he's ever made a mistake- i.e., allowing an event to occur which he didn't intend to happen). Definitely a higher being...

But I assume that when Ennui says "higher dimensional" he didn't necessarily mean it in the sense that an entity can assume control of aspects of lesser dimensions (as the Gman clearly can), merely that what we might view/interact with is an equivalent form for a transdimensional entity. And if you understood that, you're doing better than me...

I think it would save confusion if we simply refer to other Universes rather than other dimensions.
Of course, Xen could still be called a border world, even though I think that's misleading - I think most of us are agreed that it's not a planet in our universe...

Back