The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha "connoisseur".

I really only listen to a few different artists because everything else bores the shit out of me. Quite unfortunate for anybody I'm around. In fact, the last reaction I got was from my father who is absolutely struggling to figure out what I'm getting from my music.

My mother calls IDM (when I play it) devil music. Then she walks away and leaves me alone.

I play IDM a lot.

parents still use that term? I thought it went out of fashion in the early 90's

I've actually gotten a few mates into Squarepusher, but it's always the material more prominent with his bass playing.

They won't listen to the noisy stuff.

Pfft. The entire album is pure perfection.

The White Stripes - The Air Near My Fingers

Down - Stone The Crow

Heavy southern blues/rock/metal. Incredible.

Staple it Together - Jack Johnson

Stoner music ftw.

Nine Inch Nails - The Beginning of the End (my favorite off Year Zero so far)

^ Hell yeah. I've had that on loop while playing F.E.A.R. for the past 3 hours.

Muse - The Small Print

WOO double post!

Foo Fighters - DOA

Rolf tbh. The banana in my av is dancing in tune with the song.

TV on the Radio - Satellite

This song is so rich, the chorus has at least 3 layers of Tunde Adebimpe's voice and it sounds like pure magic

Shakka Zombie - Sora wo tori modoshita hi

Looked all night for this after watching episode XX (27) of Cowboy Bebop again. Finally found it and I couldn't be happier. Such a nice, mellow j-rap song.

Psycho by Infected Mushroom.

Hmm.

Now: Forgive Me by Infected Mushroom. In spite of claims that this album (just released) isn't as good as previous ones, I'm liking it a lot.

Tool - Right in Two

I have a feeling this will be the case for a good portion of the next week.

NIN - My Violent Heart

That's right, another NIN fan to throw into the equation now, have recently begun listening to them :D

Hooray! :D It seems this new album is drawing a lot of people in.

Forgive Me by Infected Mushroom.

Hooray! :D It seems this new album is drawing a lot of people in.

Forgive Me by Infected Mushroom.
The USB Drives, web-sites, secret phone numbers, bible quotations... I'm fecking addicted now :D

Downloading 'With Teeth' as well, good call? Any must have NIN albums that I should get a hold of?

Downward Spiral and The Fragile are both must haves. With Teeth... well, I'm not a fan at all of WT (it's honestly the worst album he's released).

I like WT, it's really just a matter of personal taste. The problem is that most NIN fans dislike it because it's not very much like Trent's earlier material.

The Fragile and The Downward Spiral are both ESSENTIAL, like Qonfused said. I'd also recommend Pretty Hate Machine and Broken for a taste of very early NIN (15 years ago or so).

TVOTR - A Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back