The mistake in traptown movie(the answer)

Originally posted by SheepFactory
No, i cant be convinced to give up reason and my unbaised veiw in favor of fanboism and blind faith, giving in to the common dellusions that hl2 is godlike and flawless, and that source is the future of games.

Shouldn't you be in some General Gaming forum then?
Ofcourse you're going to see people here hyped about the game,
it's a fansite remember?

People's excitement about something is totally subjective, maybe they're expecting something totally different than you had in mind, ever thought about that? Or have you thought about the fact that there's a lot of gamers out there who'll think HL2 will be perfect, even with these "Obvious errors(!!111)"?

Trying to bring this up on a HL2 fanboard is useless and stupid,
don't forcefeed other people your opinion by hammering them with facts probably only you care about.

No, i cant be convinced to give up reason and my unbaised veiw in favor of fanboism and blind faith, giving in to the common dellusions that hl2 is godlike and flawless, and that source is the future of games.

Its been fun however. Goodnight.

and still, the fact remains, HL2 is gonna rock. Why would you want criticize a game that didnt even come out yet? All we saw so far are not final..

edit: agreed wit the previous poster

I can't believe you guys are falling for SheepFactory!! He's kidding. I mean, no decent person would not read anything about HL2 and attack it constantly while hanging around a forum about a game that they don't even care about.... oldest trick in the book.

wont someone please kill the sheep already :/ comes to a half life2 forum to BASH hl2, hmm...yeah that will go over well... *sigh*

I'd also like to point out that if you are such a Doom 3 fan, then why are you here. Get off these forums and never come back you bastard.
HL2 > Doom3
:cool: :cool:

this sheep guy is just a doom 3 fanboy. i havnt played hl1 but i played the doom games and hl2 looks more promising.. so i dono what this guy is upset about.

ROFL!

aawwww, look at all the fanbois. They are all upset, poor things, aaawww how cute.

The only one who brought up doom3 in this thread was feath, i dont know why you all are calling me a doom3 fanboi. The only reason you dont like me is because i see hl2 with eyes unclouded by fanboism, and i point out the flaws. Im sure you would much rather me be praising and diefying it like the rest of you, as if its the messiah. But i just see it as what it really is.

its a game with flaws AND potential, but ultimatley its just a moment of unproductive entertainment. A device on which we can waste some time out of our lives on. Its nothing for you guys to get in a fuss about, as if its release is something important and grand. Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.

Sheepfactory is not a fanboi- (liking a game ignorantly and blindly.)
he is a haterboi- (hating a game ignorantly and blindly.)
It's a subtle but cool difference.

hmmm aren't games just ALL about entertainment?

i mean... such discussions are so useless since the liking of/looking forward to a game depends a lot on taste and... perspective.
i'm not sure why i'm posting this, since it doesn't contribute that much to the original topic... but i just wanted to say it... just for ONCE.

LOL, haterboi.

Naw, i like the game, i cant wait to play it. Can i like a game and still find flaws in it?

Sheep Shagger is only here to start an argument.

Just ignore him and he goes away.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

Agreed. Although technically by posting arn't we feeding "teh tr0ll"?

Naw, i aint trying to start anything. just enjoying a freindly debate with Feath.

You guys are really uptight, lighten up a bit. Relax. There are more worth while things to get worked up about than someone pointing out the flaws in a game you like.

sheep factor why are u in this forum then? i mean you obv don't like the phsics in the game, WHICH I MIGHT ADD U MUST BE INSANE. so why are u in this forum and don't get the game then if u don't like it.

if you don't like something about the game that big why tell us?

haha you know whats incredibly funny? About 3 month's ago I mentioned this whole thing and everyone was like "OMFG NUb u R on Crack"

And Now I get to say I told ya so.:cool:

I'm on sheepfactory's side here (not about HL2 vs Doom3), in that you're all fanboys. It's really fun to watch someone annoy you all so much. You've all responded to his posts brilliently.

Originally posted by SLH
I'm on sheepfactory's side here (not about HL2 vs Doom3), in that you're all fanboys. It's really fun to watch someone annoy you all so much. You've all responded to his posts brilliently.

well there's obviously ppl here dedicated to the game, so why not leave them alone, its most likely thats the reason why they react so harshly when someone critizises something you love...

And why exactly are u here??

Originally posted by scribblehead
well there's obviously ppl here dedicated to the game, so why not leave them alone, its most likely thats the reason why the react so harshly when someone critizises something you love...

Because it's funny to see peoples reactions. :)

And why exactly are u here??

Cuz i'm looking forward to HL2, like the rest of us and it's a good place to find the latest news.

best place to find the latest news.

but annoying ppl on here that don't like parts of the game ALREADY! and they aint PLAYED IT, but still want to bag mouth about it! MAN get a life, and if u have something bad to say......then jus don't say it.

Originally posted by commando
but annoying ppl on here that don't like parts of the game ALREADY! and they aint PLAYED IT, but still want to bag mouth about it! MAN get a life, and if u have something bad to say......then jus don't say it.

I think this is the kind of reaction that sheepfactory wants. I think we should all just leave the thread to die (and yes i know i've just contradicted myself).

Is it really that funny to see that there are "HL2 fanboys" on a HL2 fansite? It's to be expected, isn't it? It's like going to a concert, and telling all the fans there, their favorite band sucks because of reasons only you thought were important. Sounds like a pretty stupid thing to do right?

Now, pissing off those fanboys because they're very interested in the game, is just a weak thing to do. And it's making you look like some attention-starved geek. It's too bad people like SLH think this shit is funny. I hope you read my previous post in this thread (page3), because i don't feel like typing all that stuff again, but it's still relevant.

Read it and stop acting like attention-craving dorks.

Originally posted by bastard_loud
Is it really that funny to see that there are "HL2 fanboys" on a HL2 fansite? It's to be expected, isn't it? It's like going to a concert, and telling all the fans there, their favorite band sucks because of reasons only you thought were important. Sounds like a pretty stupid thing to do right?

What i find funny is the reactions. I meen, can't you all see that he (and i to a certain extent) am only trying to wind you all up. It's working wonderfully.

Now, pissing off those fanboys because they're very interested in the game, is just a weak thing to do. And it's making you look like some attention-starved geek. It's too bad people like SLH think this shit is funny. I hope you read my previous post in this thread (page3), because i don't feel like typing all that stuff again, but it's still relevant.

Read it and stop acting like attention-craving dorks.

*chuckles* Ok, Ok, i'm sorry. I'll keep my laughter quiet from now on. I honestly didn't intend to cause offence, i just thought you'd laugh it off.:cheers:

band SLH!

na j/ks but still should keep things to ya self.

bastard_loud you are VERY VERY true man! i am with u on this! right on

:cool: :cheers: :cheese: :dozey:

I meant BAN!!

lol and it was a j/k. jus keep things to ya self man.

me and bastard in a crowd agreeing

:cool: :bonce: :cheese: :dozey: :eek: :cheers: :cool: :cool: :cheese:

and you SLH.............:dork:

Originally posted by commando
I meant BAN!!

lol and it was a j/k. jus keep things to ya self man.

Point taken. :)

and you SLH.............:dork:

I wouldn't have said i'm a dork, i mearly have a different sense of humor to many of you on this forum.

Winding people up over the internet is fun? Looks like you two have a pretty useless, empty life, and are trying to fill it by asking the wrong kind of attention, in the wrong place, from the wrong people.

Try and find some friends and wind them up instead.

Try and find some friends and wind them up instead.

You tend to get a better reaction from people who don't know you - for the same reason people often have a go at face-less corporations.

BTW, your assesment of the life i lead (and probably SF's) is wrong. I'm not winding you lot up because i've got no friends to wind up, i just find it more fun winding up people who i know will retort. If i was ment to take offence to that remark, i'd say that i don't take offence comming from people who don't know me (or have an alias like yours).

Amazing...

I can't believe I just read five pages worth of crap; such stubborn minded individuals, you all need to get the living daylights beaten out of you.

Explaining why you are acting like a ****tard will not help you here, because at the end of the day you're still acting like one. It would be much better, friendlier and easier to just drop it.

And i could care less if you don't feel offended, that wasn't my goal.
I think winding people up over the internet is lame and troll-like, remember?

You read it all!?! :)

I wouldn't have continued, but BL tempted me - guess that's poetic justice.

I think winding people up over the internet is lame and troll-like, remember?

I remember.
I never knew being a troll could be such fun, and it's so easy!!!

/me wonders where admins are.

SLH now is the time for you to stfu. Also don't reply to me I'm adding you to my list.

List? I'm guessing ignore-list.

P.S. would this be a good time to ask how many posts you need for custom status?

j/k.

The more i hear about the phsyics system, the more it sounds like the systems found in every other upcoming game. Why are you guys so hyped about this physics system, which valve didnt even develope BTW? Other games such as Stalker and Doom3 wont be any less advanced as far as physics goes.

And in hl2 physics look so gimmicky. Esp in traptown, the whole map looks and feels like a physics toy that you might find on the havok site.

This post is just troll bait. No one is this ignorant.

Back