The Unoffical HL2.net Minecraft server 3.0

Guys, do NOT update to 1.4 yet!

I just updated the server to 1.4, and then realised there is no corresponding update for bukkit yet. I have rolled the server back to 1.3.

Stay on 1.3, and I will install the update once bukkit becomes compatible again.

I will post back once I know more.

I can't believe they rolled out another update already! And the wolves are in! Awesome. BUT I MUST WAIT NOW

I wonder how long the update will take. I hope it won't be more that a day or two.

In the meantime, I'll go see if I can whip up a new painterly pack to include wolves.

oh, and the live map isn't working right now.

Just to keep everyone updated, the devs for bukkit are VERY fast. There are releasing a 1.4 compatible version almost every half an hour on twitter, they are gradually getting more stable.

In it's current state, the server is running 1.3 with an old (but stable) version of bukkit but a lot of the plugins are broken (including the live map). The reason I don't upgrade the server is because if I do that, ALL the plugins will be broken. commands still working include /warp and /spawn. We will lose those if I upgrade now.

I want to wait it out a few more hours to make sure I can get a more stable version of bukkit before I add it to the server.

You can all play (provided you didn't upgrade). Once I'm ready to upgrade I will pop into the server to tell everyone to log out, take a backup (just in case) and update the server. The server will be playable at that point, but I will likely need a bit more time to fix all the plugins.

If any of you guys upgraded but now want to play on the server, you can easily revert back to 1.3 by replacing one file (google).

I'll post back when we're able to tame our wolfies...

Kas

Server is up and running 1.4.

A couple of plugins don't work at the moment, including supplysign.

Raken and I will provide you guys with anything that would normally be provided in the depot.

So i'm guessing us newbies are never gonna be allowed on. ):

So i'm guessing us newbies are never gonna be allowed on. ):

Everyone is allowed on, although I probably won't be allowing people with 1 post.

If it's you that you're asking for, you'd definitely be allowed. Just follow the rules regarding where to build, and you will be fine...

Well my login name is darkcenturion and i read the rules

I've died by digging into a lava pit, and died from falling from very high places and even died due to creep while lost in a deep cavern several times now. I can never find all the valuable things I've collected afterwards. Also I noticed that lava buckets no longer last forever when you place them in a smelter.. is this normal for multiplayer servers?

No, for some reason on this server your own items appear to everyone except you.

Who's been working on the fort I started just outside the city? I just wanted to say that it looks ****ing awesome.
And also the quarrys with the rails are cool. I did have some cliping problems and the world not loading properly when I went on it though.

That would Kazsy and I. We have been working together on it. Thanks for the complement.

Server business section:

The Mobs have been on for a couple days now. I'd like to know what you guys think now that you've had a chance to be ambushed by a creeper. I've heard an account where lag causes a player to be killed even after they've run away from a monster. Is this problem common?

Also: Does anyone have a Teamspeak server so we could more easily communicate on projects. They cost money so if no one has a dormant server then we won't ask anyone to spring for one.

Mobs add a nice touch. I just wish the armory was better supplied with defensive tools.

And also the quarrys with the rails are cool. I did have some cliping problems and the world not loading properly when I went on it though.

Where are the clipping problems?

I've heard an account where lag causes a player to be killed even after they've run away from a monster. Is this problem common?
This has been an issue for a while now. It only applies to SMP, and it happens every time a creeper gets set off.

I can get teamspeak added for free on my server, if anyone is bothered about that. Might add to the lulz.

The map rendererererer is buggered. I'll try to fix it, if there is no fix by tomorrow I will start rendering the map the manual way.

No way we are going back to 1.3 after playing with some wolfies!

I can get teamspeak added for free on my server, if anyone is bothered about that. Might add to the lulz.

The map rendererererer is buggered. I'll try to fix it, if there is no fix by tomorrow I will start rendering the map the manual way.

No way we are going back to 1.3 after playing with some wolfies!

Teamspeak for free? That is awesome. I would love to have that.

I currently have about three wolves guarding the throne room, they are soooo adorable. Its hard to tell which are yours. I think you can get them to attack each other as well.

I know I was whitelisted on the old server, but all of a sudden I'm getting an itchin for some Minecraft. Mind if I get listed?

Where are the clipping problems?

I don't think it's a problem with the rail but I fell off the map. And the 2nd time I almost made it but I didn't have enough speed to make it all the way up.
I also couldn't reconnect yesterday. I was building in the throne room and got booted. Some numbers and stuff on the display. So don't think I just tried to break stuff and then leave :p Don't know if it was a problem with the server or on my end.

I don't think it's a problem with the rail but I fell off the map. And the 2nd time I almost made it but I didn't have enough speed to make it all the way up.
I also couldn't reconnect yesterday. I was building in the throne room and got booted. Some numbers and stuff on the display. So don't think I just tried to break stuff and then leave :p Don't know if it was a problem with the server or on my end.

The chunks might not have loaded on the map, it has happened to me a few times. As far as not making it up, I've always been able to make it up. If you send a cart before the one you ride you have wait at least 5 secs or so for the boosters to reset. Unless a booster has been destroyed or something you should have enough to make it up.

The chunks might not have loaded on the map, it has happened to me a few times. As far as not making it up, I've always been able to make it up. If you send a cart before the one you ride you have wait at least 5 secs or so for the boosters to reset. Unless a booster has been destroyed or something you should have enough to make it up.

I have noticed carts missing from boosters in some places, I wonder if people break them and then don't realise their importance.

I have noticed a problem with the booster just underneath the city, It is in the middle of the track which can cause it to become stuck at the top, so it doesn't boost.

QdC48.png

I have noticed carts missing from boosters in some places, I wonder if people break them and then don't realise their importance.

I have noticed a problem with the booster just underneath the city, It is in the middle of the track which can cause it to become stuck at the top, so it doesn't boost.

Sometimes the boosters don't appear but once you ride past them they come out of nowhere and give you the boost.

So, Notch has decided to update Minecraft again. **** my life.

Bukkit are moving servers today, so the admin tool can't download the latest build. **** my life.

I spent the weekend updating the server, only for it to lag balls and then need updating again. **** my life.

The server is up, but a lot of commands aren't working. The map isn't working. I will be working tonight to fix it, sorry about the arsing about guys.

Ok, the server is sorted.

We also now have a Teamspeak 3 server.

The details are;
Address: ts.fragnet.net
Port: 10011

Hey guys. I just compiled a Painterly Texture pack for our server. A server texture pack can will allow everyone to see the world the same way and this will help on group projects and get rid of arguments about how two blocks go together in one texture pack but do not in another.

This is all completely voluntary, but I wanted to give you guys that options.

Just go to this link and copy past the text in the spoiler box into the text box they provide. Then you just download the pack and you are good to go.

Kazsy: It might be a good idea to copy these instructions and spoilered text into your original post

http://painterlypack.net/password.html

eJxllsuS6yYQQH/lfkA2qcqWxciOPc4dP2rkjOtmh6W2RBnRCqBx/PfpBgmhmY0KDi3oN0jt39GBOKE
yDrxX8jep/UE6Ly5K17zG4B3q/eBai9gJGheD92h4oQDVQFqa+UpWfnDiAI/GAgR0poEG+QlOFAo7WL
KAxNYqz/ykDBwAaj0JM/iysPzjgLaTupD2Li6I9SQbAA/WNAgKK1u1gYbRGr1jXMpeK9MIFksal3QQn
a9ly7NLC9KnWaGa09D1d2USeo/isrsi8nytrBf8CZYqraFO062VLvNDmC4NCugNTONb8YamCQoZfKyt
unmxsoOp2ucEv8jtKthoBPELgnEnLc290FjdJ1JIByWFCiiaUivnVcV4g7YBtsf5yV8BnbEXH2B8tMr
1YJxsxdEa6UGZenDeKql59Whh9tjOogmADwk2oa4XEmslOzRL9iZ75Ra/UcY5VnYBV3i9UhYsjSisqo
LaK7LBqWqP5OWNBfLV74xfpb5FR0ynjYKs6uScEbGyX9CorthClzSN20VfJLgzDXKu4HXyw0Tiqbz3k
kxbrwafm5wlVwQXZb/DM1Iqf6Nr0PIpXqzFxze8q8jeo1WNMtGdwXOR6lA9FwosPkTpqUI3VsY8XWn0
7dKBlKefoMUeajUEr2yokHxKNKgtS7+ppg2GHa9O1UoasYZbyN5ePgxYsZJNOKFspfc8t9RUGOyp6g7
gW2YxCmWPYas3aBTp+4oaXsmuWAyD7tvBRhW3LJ/jnYcuo9wo1oh2kbAB/CWVHtXnxBxis2IvZ4m6HU
yPj5oUm4rlfDin1ZPsYd65jGFCTT0RY5rU/Ofstnc6ct77JzUj/byA7NG4yZmcNeUDbS3i8mRDZCs9X
NNREZU9SHtSYCuYzIsL3Cgcj7LUiytJ4RYprDet+un0kuprDntBuZHGkvNmmv3ZNGm8Ua4lVU8UosTO
1F2eN1pI5MV2aENqiZ2pn0tUIN0p3XKBHcE9aXZDwqM4r8z7tJLadPT7DEZJwi+MvdiT33y0zUBHLUW
QkSENduYuShla5PoJCVNF5dOCCs3k4GilaSAnv0BrauEZiRdlTk6KiIUb11xy0R6vq5b8DyZHpVZfZO
jqytOO0Ek1nZz/+ge7q4IvkLfqoVJs8tQX8eGyZKBtF9L/DqpOhbHHLPzlMI8PSCEc6pTAfFXdpJ5Pu
UifaRtmx0+w3Lfm6+BTpsmHaihGHsZgrgbrkHsFtfmQel3vn5uBenGVLr/RJTvzSRcY2ueczmip52z/
3s02W3nzOUh33UKKeoB39Dyi2Nbpt7Ok22hUq0C8uxb0Z9Ys3mWtUJxJN8+SUYzeE/GPkuzq0fnM/Vk
sqMU+V7lPGISGPXtdmnRZ8The7gdJmRT7+yvBrAjHmueONHuaezSFY/Qtdj2/UcZNX1U9/72hntxmgS
sGykwqIPDxsJe+T85YyTuID2no/SPjvnhXtJVqKKH7mDGNpL3kXLDhNl50ByZjwS74dG1mxT2iubzHl
L3TS5O8MpNty8/cNI2VsawJxT169ACBC+qb4E9s8NX9DP958U4Wmh88/fHHtBBuUn53+f8Bl65GZw==

I would just like to sincerely thank whoever created this useful device.

Also Bad Hat because I slept in his bed.

sgvs5.png

YCB65.png

Hey guys I haven't been on in forever I have to much work to do. I'll be on after I finish writing my research paper.

Back