THis is TOTALY Irresponsible.

You complain when Valve are vague about a release date...you complain when there exact about a release date...give them a break god damn it, there trying to do a job and a service, they want to please there fans and the consumer, and they listen to complaints, but your basically trying to say that whatever Valve do is wrong! I wouldnt be surprised if Valve said 'Screw you all, you just insult us and dont give us any lee-way, Half-life 2 is only going to be played by those at Valve' Then you will all cry and die, cause it will be your fault.
Just be quiet and calm down, let Valve do there work..

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
well what do you think happened? If it wasn't a DoS attack than it was the servers being fried from 100,000+ people trying to download

neither, more like a few hundred peeps pressing f5 every couple of seconds (me included) :dork:

Originally posted by fudnick
dont freak out about a single day. everyone at valve works their ass off to get this stuff out on time, obviously valve is not perfect, but if you can do better than these guys, then make your own company. otherwise stop whining and wait for ONE day. not too hard, is it? we have no idea what is going on on their side. there are just too many things that could have gone wrong, so dont automatically accuse them of not being proffessional

Ahh "proffessional" i knew i had a spell fault there :)

man i said i know they are under big pressure but i think they shouldnt of given a dead line one day before they understand they cant be on time..

all i gotta say is learn patience, you sound like spoiled brats when these topics are posted. Maybe its because i have children, or maybe it's because i understand the development process of a game, but i want HL2 and the developers to be conifdent when its released. So you have to wait a few days or a month even... you'll get it. Go play outside or something children

Originally posted by dscowboy
Steam is delayed? A PC game software company has delayed a release?!? Dear sweet candy-coated Jesus, call the New York Times!!! UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

Have you people been following the PC game industry at any time within the last 10 years? 'Cause it sounds like you fell off the stork yesterday and just heard about something called 'software release dates' today.

ROFL :cheers:

Originally posted by SLH
I have (done programming), and i share his views. I agree completely with you after that, and it's because finish times are difficult to predict is why they should build in some margin of error in their release times. Perhaps they did, but they should have at least said it'd be delayed sooner (even just an hour or 2 before the deadline).

I think you're all (most) missing the point here. It's not that the companies delay, it's the fact that they made a deadline, then missed it, only explaining that they wouldn't hit it afterwards.

As much as we go in to this thread i can see vivendi False announcment.
The only wanted to be on time (Which is a serious thing).

Originally posted by dscowboy
Steam is delayed? A PC game software company has delayed a release?!? Dear sweet candy-coated Jesus, call the New York Times!!! UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

All I can say is DNF

Originally posted by DarkelP
I wouldnt be surprised if Valve said 'Screw you all, you just insult us and dont give us any lee-way, Half-life 2 is only going to be played by those at Valve' Then you will all cry and die, cause it will be your fault.
Just be quiet and calm down, let Valve do there work..

My next SIG. ROFLMAO!

Have you people been following the PC game industry at any time within the last 10 years? 'Cause it sounds like you fell off the stork yesterday and just heard about something called 'software release dates' today.
lol
by the time i read the newspaper id already have steam :)

tip to urbanleg : Dont diss valve or else every halflife2.net member will flame the hell outta you :), you know its true

You complain when Valve are vague about a release date

???? When did i compain about that? I'd much rather they were vague, rather than giving an *exact time*, then proceding to anounce a delay, once the delay happened (after the time in question).

I know loads of companies miss deadlines, but that doesn't mean it's ok when one inparticular does it (in this case valve). Quite frankly i'm dissapointed, as u trusted valve on release dates. True some things cannot be predicted, but i'd much rather have had a release 'week' rather than a release 'hour' (11AM).

Well now im starting to think about a delay, but im totally open minded about there not being one also, I think i'll go back onto my bench and sit this thing out.

Originally posted by SLH
???? When did i compain about that? I'd much rather they were vague, rather than giving an *exact time*, then proceding to anounce a delay, once the delay happened (after the time in question).

I know loads of companies miss deadlines, but that doesn't mean it's ok when one inparticular does it (in this case valve). Quite frankly i'm dissapointed, as u trusted valve on release dates. True some things cannot be predicted, but i'd much rather have had a release 'week' rather than a release 'hour' (11AM).

I wasnt directing that at you, just at the people who are annoyed on whether its 30th sept, 1st oct, blah blah...

whine about it or not it wont change anything, so dont be all spoiled and do something else to kill time til tommorow, besides its not like we get much with the new steam: new ids and some hl2 videos, big deal. sure ill download it but its not like christmas was delayed. geez, people in here are too demanding. cant handle one more day...

I wasnt directing that at you, just at the people who are annoyed on whether its 30th sept, 1st oct, blah blah...

Ok, i misunderstood, sorry. :cheers:

DarkeIp dont you find today's compromise - Tommorow's Norm?

And when you think of it - HL2 Is at risk (30spt.).

Thats what i was trying to say too..

Btw: I really laughed hard on your post:cheese:

Originally posted by SLH
Ok, i misunderstood, sorry. :cheers:

Apology not accepted:flame: DIE!!!!:sniper:

Nah joking, apology accepted :cheers: no offence was taken anyway

When I first scanned through his original post, I took the wrong impression that HL2 was delayed. When I tried to look for the news I realized it was just steam delayed for a day... Now DAMN! Chill dude!

ya know it'd be different if they pulled a Bungie, and said it's only on Xbox... but we're all still gonna get this amazing project, just wait. Like I said if you're lookin for something to keep ya busy:

1)THERS LUTSA FUN TINGS TO GO DU OWTSIDE
2)DER ALSA IS UTHER GAIMES TO PLA

(can ya tell i'm trying to introduce idiot ebonics here)

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
When I first scanned through his original post, I took the wrong impression that HL2 was delayed. When I tried to look for the news I realized it was just steam delayed for a day... Now DAMN! Chill dude!
Sorry for teh littl heart attack :dork:

To late to edit now

Originally posted by Urbanleg
DarkeIp dont you find today's compromise - Tommorow's Norm?

And when you think of it - HL2 Is at risk (30spt.).

Thats what i was trying to say too..

Btw: I really laughed hard on your post:cheese:

I know hl2 is at risk of being delayed...but if it is, bleh nofin to complain about really, it'll come out when its ready:D

I see what you mean, but still, if you were in Valves shoes, you'd act the same...i wonder if Gabe Newel would be cursing your name on these forums if you were the head of Valve and he was just a hl fan boy worried about delays :D

BTW: Its Darkelp....thats an L at the end :p

Oh come on, Steam being late is not all that unusual really is it? Many of the CS updates were late also. I shudder to think what people are going to say if/when Valve announce that Half-life 2 is delayed.

i agree with that guy

the reason steam was delayed by (at the moment) a day is that the work needed to set up the network for steam final took longer than expected.

it wasn't a dos attack (although i don't deny that happened), it wasn't 100,000 tapping F5, it was the fact the work took longer than expected.

it's just so disappointing to have them announce the delay 15 mins after the release time.

all you valve brown noses should take a look at the facts

Originally posted by alehm
Urbanleg are you an American?

I only ask because you don't seem to know what real problems are.

Omg if one more person insults America....

Hey alehm, tell me where and when to meet you, then you can meet my two american buddies I like to call Fist 1 and Fist 2.

Let me put it this way. If you insult america, you're either:

1) A moronic 12 year old french kid with moron anti-american parents.

or

2) A cat running around on the keyboard.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

I'd actually like to commend Valve for telling us when to expect it in the first place, more than most companies would have done.

:borg: lol

I really dont care when steam gets released. I mean it comes out when it comes out! I do want to c the CS 1.6 thought...:borg:

Originally posted by Zeus
Omg if one more person insults America....

Hey alehm, tell me where and when to meet you, then you can meet my two american buddies I like to call Fist 1 and Fist 2.

Let me put it this way. If you insult america, you're either:

1) A moronic 12 year old french kid with moron anti-american parents.

or

2) A cat running around on the keyboard.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Oh calm down goddamit, so what if people insult america, i insult america, i insult most countrys if in my opinion there goverment or some aspect of them is doing something stupid. I even insult my own goverment, and take the mick out of my people. Calm down...and anyway, America is funny to take the mick out of:p

Originally posted by Lex Talionis
I shudder to think what people are going to say if/when Valve announce that Half-life 2 is delayed.

As long as they give a warning of a delay, i honestly won't mind, sure i'd like to have it on sept 30th, but if they warn us of a delay i'd be much happier than if they told us it was going to be delayed on the 30th.

Originally posted by Someone
The final straw is a 1 day delay of a product which isn't even the game?

Wow that's a harsh final straw. I'd hate to see what happens if the actual game is delayed for a single day :cheese:

I don't know, but people just seem way too serious about this stuff.

Haha :D someone got off a good one!

Originally posted by Iconoclast
Hi! I'm Mr Spelling!

If you had paid attention in pre-school, you'd be able to use me to spell basic words!

english is not his first language shit face

Originally posted by Urbanleg
$@$# It!

This is the the final straw!

Ok, Noone Pressed a gun to valv'es head and said "YOU MOST GIVE A RELEASE DATE TO STEAM" And they BLEW IT!

I mean If HL2 was delayed 1 month ago when people said it will and vivendi man said it too - it was ok by me bcz thats thier Bussniess but ****ing delaying a release in the last minute is totaly not Proffiecianl
And its purly not responsible by them..

I really not looking forward to steam release(i only wait for HL2 to be released + my computer didnt arrive yet) but im trying to make a point here, even give a bit of a critics to a very success company as valve which keeps showing how Proffesien (at least in the Release Dates Predictions and deadlines valv'es put to itself as targets).

Look don't get me wrong i think there is no Game nowdays (even those who are being developed) that appeals to me as HALF LIFE 2 but i think valve's gotta take a deep breath and invest alittle more time in setting deadlines and releasedates from now on...
Why screw the great relationship the created this far with the fans? and why making a negative impression..

I am aware and sure valv'es is really under pressure now for making the very thing i mentioned to work (That HL2 will released in time).

Now theres no need to flame here and comments such as :"I don't agree with you because XXXX" will be much gratefull.

1) Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.

2) don't give me that "Its due to the DOS attack" shit cuz:

qoute:
"We've been making final changes to the Steam network throughout the night. Unfortunately, it's taken longer than we planned. However, the Steam dedicated server will be released this evening, and the Steam client release is now scheduled for tomorrow."

I don't agree with you because

badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers mushroom, mushroom!

Re: Re: THis is TOTALY Irresponsible.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I don't agree with you because

badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers mushroom, mushroom!

Snake, Snake Ohhhhhhhhh it's a snake.

</spam>

In all seriousness, we don't know what happened at Valve. Something could've come up in last minute testing and they decided to leave it till later.

Your all a bunch of snap shows, quit harpin on the guys ****ing grammar and make a sensible reply, not "cant you speak english" or "your not american, you dont know what problems are".. like wtf americans have the least to worry about for god sakes...

Just click the X in your top right corner, and wait until tommorow to sign back on... by then everything will be happy :)

Originally posted by Someone
The final straw is a 1 day delay of a product which isn't even the game?

Wow that's a harsh final straw. I'd hate to see what happens if the actual game is delayed for a single day :cheese:

I don't know, but people just seem way too serious about this stuff.

lol at that. It really isn't a big deal, I agree, but I'll bet the movies will be "delayed" anyway, becase all the rest have been....

what is wrong with you people? Let this thread die it will make the world better. Also, I have to add one more thing....

PHARM! :bounce:

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
what is wrong with you people? Let this thread die it will be make the world better. Also, I have to add one more thing....

PHARM! :bounce:

*watches thread die*

phorum!!!

Originally posted by genocide604
"your not american, you dont know what problems are".. like wtf americans have the least to worry about for god sakes...

Actually, he said the complete opposite of what you said that he said. Least to worry about eh? Like you french morons have more to worry about.

Back