VALVe blows

Chaops

Reaction score
How did I know this was going to be cheap. Well for all of you that don't know, CS:S final is the exact same thing that the beta was with new maps. All the same bugs, No new models, and on top of everything when you load the final it deletes your cfg incuding any sprays in your materials folder. I now hate VALVe 10x more than I did. I think all they did to proclaim this an "official" is remove the yellow BETA text on the load screen. I am one unhappy customer. Anyone else have the same gripes? ;(

jeez maybe some pictures would of been nice. then the complaining will comence

Why should I take screenshots of the same thing youve been playing for a month. Go play it if you want to see the graphics ffs.

Have you looked in 'counter-strike source beta' folder for your sprays and cfg's ? :D

Yes, please notice that the BETA is kept in a different folder, silly goose.

P.S. Updates are easy to release over Steam, in case you hadn't realized this yet. Don't say the company blows within 10 minutes of the game being released.

Yeah I just found that out. Thanks for the heads up.

What? WTF did you think the difference was going to be? THE POINT OF THE BETA WAS TO TEST THE FINAL VERSION

Why not complain. This is a 5 year old game with a month of beta testing. You say "Oh you can always update" and im sure valve says the same. Guess what, thats how things never get finished.

I still don't know what the hell you're talking about. This is how software production works: After all your features are in, you have a series of beta builds that you test out. When one of them is high enough quality for release, you release it. Valve released the beta build we were testing with the full content.

Did you think the terrorists would be replaced with benevolent cyber insects? What did you think was going to change?

Wow not even an hour after release and here comes the bitching. :LOL:

Yeah man go rescuse a hostage. They get stuck on EVERYTHING. They did however fix the grenade bug, props for that at least. I wanted new player models, better netcode and increased stability. As of right now 1.6 has more features and to top it all off theres a bug with the dedicated server updating so noone can run servers as of right now.

Whatever, im done bitching. Enjoy your game guys. Mods can delete this if they want. :cheers:

new player models, why?? they look great

better netcode,why? I never noticed anything wrong with it

increased stability?? the beta has NEVER crashed on me

1.6 was the worst cs version I ever played, and I started with beta 5.2

I love it. It's entertaining, and that's everything that counts for me ..

No we simply expected a bit more than a direct port of the beta.

Looks like all those VALVE fan boys who "said" VALVE would optimize/fix the beta by retail release.
Wow are you guys ever wrong.

Valve rocks they put to much work for kids to flame them.

Well, Valve dont suck, neither its god.

As evil as any, just they knows how to be evil :smoking:

Incitatus said:
new player models, why?? they look great

better netcode,why? I never noticed anything wrong with it

increased stability?? the beta has NEVER crashed on me

1.6 was the worst cs version I ever played, and I started with beta 5.2

I hope your kidding.....Let the bitching commence! :p

The netcode for CS:Source IMHO was horrible

The beta has never crashed on me either :)

1.6 is pretty lame, Cz Rocks!

NO NEW MODELS!? I was waiting for people to post screens of the models (since I am not paying for Hl2 over steam)! That is very disappointing :angry: .

I would be very sad If the only changes made from the beta are Hosties and maps. I wonder how long it will take for them to add more stuff.......

Anyway, I'm still happy with Cz and Ill wait for Hl2 to come out before I buy it. :)

Actually the beta was much improved by the end...

new player models and bug fixes will come in time.... relax...

I bet they don't even release updates. What's even funnier is that the steampowered.com forums are flooded with threads just like this. I knew this was going to happen, as I said, VALVe is a cheap company.

[Matt] said:
new player models and bug fixes will come in time.... relax...

True mate but most of us paid $70 odd for HL2 via Steam for two reasons:

1) To get HL2 the very moment it's released.
2) To get access to the final version of CS:S.

Most of us thought that we'd be getting the FULL final version, including different faction player models for both the terrorist and counter terrorist sides. In reality it IS a minor gripe but it does look like we paid our money and got a little gipped in the CS:S content. If they rectify this promptly then cool. Let's hope they do.

this is where steam comes into play, tada, you cant update stuff on the fly, no problem!

If you want my opinion Valve had planned to release the full game upon HL2's release but then the whole 6 month legal thing happened with Vivendi. Valve probably decided to play hardball by releasing it early and slightly unfinished forcing VUG to hopefully hurry up and release hl2. Makes perfect sense to me.

Chaops said:
I bet they don't even release updates. What's even funnier is that the steampowered.com forums are flooded with threads just like this. I knew this was going to happen, as I said, VALVe is a cheap company.

HERETIC!

Cheap company? If you got the silver package you just bought 14 games. That ain't "cheap" its "awesome"

As jez said, if they do release an update and fix all the current bugs while adding the correct player model count, then I will be happy and play all day. Im just sad that I paid for a game that can be considered by next to everyone as still BETA. Imagine if windows was shipped without Windows Installer and they said "Oh we will just update it with windows update later." It's not a good way to do business.

I think you people are jumping the gun as to why they are really releasing CS:Source to you.

Valve are having legal issues with Vivendi who holds the ability to delay the release of HL2.
Valve has CS:Source Beta running
Valve: "oooh we got these maps already and we're allowed to take pre-orders, hey why don't we just release the maps and let everyone play CS:Source while they wait"
gamers and everyone else: "GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME"

They could've just let you pre-order and then have you guys wait till they added all the other support to the game, OR they could just let you play the one of the games you've been waiting for all year and then patch it later because its modular.

You paid for Half-Life 2, actually, not just CS:S.

CS:S will grow and improve over time. In the mean time, just enjoy it for what it is.

Logic said:
You paid for Half-Life 2, actually, not just CS:S.

CS:S will grow and improve over time. In the mean time, just enjoy it for what it is.

Actually, u pre-ordered hl2, cs source comes _free_ its a bonus stop whining.

The'll do the same as they did with cz .. in a week a or so I bet the'll be patch after patch of added content.

They will add new player models and include cz hostage code. Otherwise it wouldnt be a real port! (cliffe did say he'd take the best of both and smush them into cs source in one of the gamespot interviews.)

edit: btw u mentioned that the steam forums are full of posts saying how poo it is or something? ..well.. do see the many people who are happy about it on the forums? .. thousands of people downloaded it (2k was on this mourning when I checked).

I tell u, I'm happy with it and I have no doubt that I wont be going to the steam forums very soon cause I'll be playing this :p
No one whos happy with cs source is gonna go congratulate valve on it.

I dont hate valve...

bring down the console:
bot_add

and you get "bots are not enabled in the beta"
there are a lot of things that dont scream "Im hl2's multiplayer component" but.. meh what can ya do?

it is enjoyable though.

Vidrio said:
Actually, u pre-ordered hl2, cs source comes _free_ its a bonus stop whining.
That was indeed the very nub of my gist.

I certainly don't hate Valve, but CS:S is NOT a final product. It feels even more like a beta to me then the beta itself had. I think it's clear Valve probably didn't have any intention of making CS:S available to the public this early, but they decided to do it anyways to make buying over Steam a more lucrative option, thereby forcing Vivendi to get HL2 out the door ASAP.

Now I'm not exactly thrilled with CS:S feeling so rushed. I honestly believe it's still in beta, and I certainly didn't think I was purchasing beta material. However, I understand why they did it. I'm sure they'll be updating religiously via Steam, so I'm not too concerned :)

Edit: Oh, and the people complaining about it have every right to complain. They paid for two complete games, not the option to pre-order HL2 and participate in an extended beta test.

I'm just a little peeved about no bots, and I would have liked to see play as a new SAS :(

qckbeam said:
I certainly don't hate Valve, but CS:S is NOT a final product. It feels even more like a beta to me then the beta itself had. I think it's clear Valve probably didn't have any intention of making CS:S available to the public this early, but they decided to do it anyways to make buying over Steam a more lucrative option, thereby forcing Vivendi to get HL2 out the door ASAP.

Now I'm not exactly thrilled with CS:S feeling so rushed. I honestly believe it's still in beta, and I certainly didn't think I was purchasing beta material. However, I understand why they did it. I'm sure they'll be updating religiously via Steam, so I'm not too concerned :)

Edit: Oh, and the people complaining about it have every right to complain. They paid for two complete games, not the option to pre-order HL2 and participate in an extended beta test.

well said.
I love your avatar... seriously digging it.

qckbeam said:
Oh, and the people complaining about it have every right to complain. They paid for two complete games, not the option to pre-order HL2 and participate in an extended beta test.
People do have a right to complain about anything they want, but also, Valve (as the creators of CS:S) have the right to decide exactly what CS:S is. If they decide to release the game as it is now, and call it CS:S, then that's what CS:S is. And since all you're meant to be getting now is CS:S, you're getting exactly what you're supposed to.

If Valve wanted to, they could leave it as is, and never release a patch. We should all be thankful that Valve is the type of company who will support and improve their product for a long time to come.

Exactly what has been said before. We all pre-paid for HL2 when it comes out. CS:S is just icing on the cake in my eyes.

-Bots - They're lame imo...I don't care about them

-Models- Hardly affect gameplay...I bet they'll be in soon

-Bugs- Not many game-stopping bugs that I've seen (no crashes-no big bugs that affect gameplay anymore)

-Netcode- What's wrong with it?

CS has always been a work in progress. Anyone that's played it long enough knows that. I started in 5.comething and just took it as a community mod...and now that it's come to CS:S...I still look at it the same way, just more resources are devoted to it.

Don't worry, this is the same idiot that complained last week that there was only one map. He is one of those princess and the pea complextion/personalities. Nothing ever satisfies. I love it, enjoy the game if not it is your proble. It is fun as hell to me.

Valve blows?

I swear I saw you blowing a donkey's with its seeping seman dripping from his veiny, pulsating, stinky cock.

Valve blows?
Go and make a game as good as this then come show me.....

Back