Vampire: The Masquerade CANT release untill HL2 is released!?

Smawg said:
if it weren't for valve, you wouldn't even have half life. idiots.

sometimes i think it might have been better that way....

maybe some other company...who knew how to plan, AND meet deadlines would have came out with a game that might have been better then Half Life/2...*sigh* but thanks to the powers that be...that sadly didn't happen... ;(

wayne white said:
i guess absinthe is used to talking to himself

I think you're used to babbling incoherently. Do yourself a favor and cut down on the trolling. It makes you look even more stupid.

Pitbul said:
sometimes i think it might have been better that way....

maybe some other company...who knew how to plan, AND meet deadlines would have came out with a game that might have been better then Half Life/2...*sigh* but thanks to the powers that be...that sadly didn't happen... ;(

If it was some other company, then you wouldn't be getting Half-Life 2. You wouldn't get Half-Life. You wouldn't get Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, or any of those mods. And you most certainly wouldn't get that bustling mod community that surges with creativity and has begun to pour over onto other engines.

Chances are, you'd be waiting some time until a game came along and turned the industry on its head.

No, you should actually be thankful that it was Valve. Because regardless of what you may think of them now, they raised the bar.

to the coment about not buying on steam so venvendi will get most of the money is rediculous. its odvious that hl2 will cost less through steam than it will for buying it in the real world. and most of the difference in price is going to venvendi. so in reality your not screwing valve over any bit

Since HL2 is so hyped up...
Valve is putting too much pressure to come out with absolutely perfect game.
Fixing bugs... you can do forever...
No game is 100% bug free.... but Valve is trying to achieve something close to that...
I can see how they feel the game can be better with few more fixs.... but you have to say enough is enough...
If they keep delaying this game to next year..... innovative graphics/technology/gameplay will be so outdated.....

impunity said:
well there is NO ****ING LINK to it, someone needs to ****ing learn how to cite sources properly. i hope the thread starter loses marks on a research paper in college because of not properly citing sources, and i hope the marks lost are enough to cause you to fail.
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/preview/30686

GD: What state is the game in currently? How are you making use of the extra time provided by Half-Life 2's delay?

LB: We're in the balancing/polishing phase, and with a game this large, you need a lot of both. The delay of Half-Life 2 hasn't really affected us all that much from our original plans, but we're using whatever extra time we have to just continue balancing and polishing, balancing and polishing...

Revisedsoul said:
to the coment about not buying on steam so venvendi will get most of the money is rediculous. its odvious that hl2 will cost less through steam than it will for buying it in the real world. and most of the difference in price is going to venvendi. so in reality your not screwing valve over any bit

Well I dunno... 30 bucks for CZ ... thats kind of a rip off. :hmph:

Aphal said:
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/preview/30686

GD: What state is the game in currently? How are you making use of the extra time provided by Half-Life 2's delay?

LB: We're in the balancing/polishing phase, and with a game this large, you need a lot of both. The delay of Half-Life 2 hasn't really affected us all that much from our original plans, but we're using whatever extra time we have to just continue balancing and polishing, balancing and polishing...

that is NOT the same quote:

"Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, is reported to be complete. Unfortunately, it's unable to release thanks to a contractual restriction that prevents its publisher launching the game before Half-Life 2. "

now where did this quote come from? why has NO ONE been able to give a source for it, yet alot of ignorant individuals still insist it's legit?

thehunter1320 said:
seriously... Valve is ****ing up so much for PC gamers... if they don't get this out by the end of september (which it won't, trust me ;)) i swear there will be a pure rebel against them: DDoS attacks (more than they "already get"... excuses :hmph:), community degrade, and general not nice-ness
this is probably hurt sales as well! people who firmly believe that Valve doesn't deserve the $50 for all the shit that they pull won't give up their money, no matter how gorgeous or kick ass!
mark my words, gentlemen... mark them well.

Yeah your right, I've already saved up enough money to buy the necessary asernal- 20 ak's and 5 c4s.unfortunately, Ive only been able to recruit 8 people... and I wasnt planning on dual ak's for everyone, but that may have to change. :sniper: :x <valve :flame: :devil: :flame: ;)

impunity said:
that is NOT the same quote:

"Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, is reported to be complete. Unfortunately, it's unable to release thanks to a contractual restriction that prevents its publisher launching the game before Half-Life 2. "

now where did this quote come from? why has NO ONE been able to give a source for it, yet alot of ignorant individuals still insist it's legit?

What exactly are you contesting, though? That the game is done/near done, or that the game cannot be released until HL2 is out?

Aphal said:
What exactly are you contesting, though? That the game is done/near done, or that the game cannot be released until HL2 is out?

try to follow along, i dont have time to hold your hand and draw you illustrations, child.

impunity said:
try to follow along, i dont have time to hold your hand and draw you illustrations, child.
Have you noticed that in all of your 6 posts you're flaming someone? Because I'm starting to see a pattern.

These interviews have conflicting answers to how far the game is done, if one can say pushing ahead towards beta, and one can say balancing and polishing, there could have also been a site that ended up saying the game is just done.

Regardless of how close it is to being done, the game still CANNOT be released before HL2. That could have been the cause of these differing answers, but I wouldn't say lying, they may have been close to finishing the game once and decided to go back and add things, polish more, because they had more time, we don't know.

Instead of insulting people why don't you just go wait patiently for the release of both games, and have fun playing them.

Towards the bottom of the preview, and read the front page :p
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/39392

Polar_Bear said:

Towards the bottom of the preview, and read the front page :p
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/39392

and surprise surprise they don't cite a source either, and considering their own interview didn't say the game was finished, then i still don't know where they got the idea that it is finished.

Ok, this may be a bit off topic now, but I'd like to just jump in and put what I said about Blizzard into context. The person I was replying to was employing an unfair double-standard. While Valve is seemingly crucified for any delays, delays of other companies are forgotten.

I've really got nothing against either Valve or Blizzard myself. Delays happen because predictions about games development are really, really hard to make, and frankly, sometimes the game just isn't finished by the time you thought it would. It happens, and it would be so much worse if games were either so predictably made that release dates were accurate, or developers just pushed out unfinished games to meet an deadline.

Impunity... there are nicer ways to be a tightass. And less annoying ones too. And smarter ones...

Of course the game isn't finished if they can't release it yet... think they'd sit around sucking on their kneecaps until Valve is done?

impunity said:
well there is NO ****ING LINK to it, someone needs to ****ing learn how to cite sources properly. i hope the thread starter loses marks on a research paper in college because of not properly citing sources, and i hope the marks lost are enough to cause you to fail.

My god. . .you must be a real loser if not having a link gets you this flustered. . .why dont you take your lazy ass to yahoo and look for it yourself. If not, shut up.

Back