vortigaunt mawman

T

Tortured_Soul

I have heard people talking about them but do they actually exist? I have never seen one in the game and i dont have rtb and i thought there might be a picture in there if any one knows where to get a pic or some info please help.

Thanks

Hectic Glenn said:
lol why do you love vortigaunts so much?
I don't realy know, they're just so cool, my first thread was about vortigaunts, actualy I had been reading the forums for a while and I saw people had a realy wrong idea on vortigaunts (many tought they were omnipotent) so I decided join to elighten people. Then I got caught up in the rumours and speculation and HL2 SP threads. My theories have come a long way.

PS: I had a weird dream once were I discovered on a thread about something that you were my cousin.

wow keep off the crack cocaine would be my advice.
Vortigaunts are just creatures from the game, i don't think theres much depth to them as you'd expect. I'd like to know their home planet but whats more interesting than that? They havent played much of a roll in the story in comparison to some things, i dont think they will ever tbh.

No, there's no evidence of headcrabbed vortigaunts. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, though.

-Angry Lawyer

thats a cool image ríomhaire. i can't remember where i read it but i know it was on this site that someone was making a vortigaunt mod where you played as a vortigaunt and went around defending a city...
thoughts?

Tortured_Soul said:
thats a cool image ríomhaire. i can't remember where i read it but i know it was on this site that someone was making a vortigaunt mod where you played as a vortigaunt and went around defending a city...
thoughts?
When ríomhaire sees that hes going to have 20 similtaneous orgasms, fact

Shooting lightning/electricity, running slow, telepathy, hand-to-hand combat, easily killed in a few shots. Oh yes, fun.

Agent G-man, spawn a vortigaunt and spawn a 2 or more combine soldiers with shotguns and you'll be surprised.

I can do that, execpt I don't know how to spawn a Combine with a weapon or a citizen with a weapon.

Hmm... they dont exist yet. Maybe we'll see them in HL3. I hope.

Hectic Glenn said:
When ríomhaire sees that hes going to have 20 similtaneous orgasms, fact
You're going to pay for that, fact.

lol, it looks like a good MOD, can't find the name tho...

The vortigaunts are really strong even in had to hand i was messing around and spawned 5 vorts and they killed and antlion guard! :O they have a mele attack where they ram their hand into you and pull out it looks like they are trying to pull your heart out. hehee...

And they kick/step on headcrabs and pwn the crap out them.

How do you even know Vortigaunts have brains in their head?
'Head'Crabs. No way a headcrab could adapt if they knew where the brain was to control. Also Vortigaunts lived with headcrabs on Xen. They have adapted their bodies to repell the headcrab venom.

vortizombies8gi.jpg

Whoa.. Fragger, is that a screenshot? Or did you draw it? I'm confused. It's freaking awesome enough though that I don't care.

Those mawvorts look like they have no neck, their hands are ugly and they're human organs. It looks like something is going from its mouth to its , well chest-mouth, what's that?

It's the vortigaunt's hand.

Must be a pretty big headcrab to eat the neck, too. Very nice, though, not sure if that was achieved through modelling or simply artistic tomfoolery.

-Angry Lawyer

I can see the vortigaunt's eye... You need the headcrab to be more on a horizontal angle by about... Maybe 15-3o degrees?

Ha, thats crazy Fragger, howd u do that?

well the headcrabs had to of had something at least like a human head in their homeworld to attach to, but then why don't we see headcrabbed vorts?

my theory: long before earth, the combine were using xen as a place to teleport their forces to other universes, dimensions, and planets. The reason you didnt see any combine in the first game on Xen is because it went unused by the combine for many years. This all changed when Breen (the head of black mesa) started sending scientists to Xen. The combine was now notified of a whole new planet full of resources they can use Xen to teleport to and take over. The combine advisor somehow got though to Breen and brainwashed him into causing the black mesa incident, which would open a rift between universes allowing the combine to later transport their forces to xen and teleport through.

Back to the topic though. When the combime first took over Xen, they had already used to headcrabs many times before to soften up resistance on other planets. The headcrabs had already evolved to attach to the head of some other race on a different homeplanet. This would explain why the headcrabs have the ability to latch onto heads on Xen for seemingly no reason, since they would have no target (vorts for some reason are impervious to being taken over by headcrabs). The headcrabs are just a tool the combine has used to take over many other planets before Xen.

Or maybe, because they have to live in the same environment, Vortigaunts have learnt the warning signs of headcrab infestations, and know how to defend themselves properly?

-Angry Lawyer

then wouldn't the headcrabs have long since died off?

actually, maybe not, because we still have no explaination why they like to attach themselves to heads. I think its something sexual because you see one of them humping a guys head in HL2, but idk.

Doesnt mean that sometimes a vort wont be caught off guard and taken down

True.

And there is no real evidence that zombification is even needed to survive for Headcrabs. It's likely more just a way of proctecting themselves/their queens.

-Angry Lawyer

Headcrabs, in my opinion, need to take a host to reach the breeding stage.
I believe that Headcrabs can take Humans, Primates, Vortigaunts, and Shock Troopers as hosts.

Jandor said:
Headcrabs, in my opinion, need to take a host to reach the breeding stage.
I believe that Headcrabs can take Humans, Primates, Vortigaunts, and Shock Troopers as hosts.

i always thought the go-snatch had to asexually make head crabs

lol penis crabs, head crabs? there all crabs. hahahahah

anywho, consider this, the combine must have a gonarch in their power, how else do they have headcrabs in their motars? i mean thats sucha questionable subject, how the f does the combine control headcrabs, and 1 vort (the trainstation dood with the restraints) i dono what im gettin at is the combine either HAD sum power in xen, or captured a shitload when the stormez started,,

terrorist420 said:
i always thought the go-snatch had to asexually make head crabs

lol penis crabs, head crabs? there all crabs. hahahahah

anywho, consider this, the combine must have a gonarch in their power, how else do they have headcrabs in their motars? i mean thats sucha questionable subject, how the f does the combine control headcrabs, and 1 vort (the trainstation dood with the restraints) i dono what im gettin at is the combine either HAD sum power in xen, or captured a shitload when the stormez started,,

Alyx says that once in a while, a vortigaunt gets captured by the Combine and gives them information.

Xen was in G-Mans control at the end of HL1... I wonder what happened- or if he still controls Xen.

Back