We Are Now In Single Digits Until Hl2 Is Bug Free!!!!

sharp said:
How can this useless topic already be 5 pages long? :|

Thinking the same exact thing. I guess things have been slow.

this is the dumbest f***ing thread out there right now........................ :x

who gives a flying F--- when it will have no bugs in it............... :x

good day................. :cheers:

RotorHead said:
this is the dumbest f***ing thread out there right now........................ :x

who gives a flying F--- when it will have no bugs in it............... :x

good day................. :cheers:

oh i dunno. the halflife2 community maybe? :imu:

Everyone just buy Doom 3 to tie you over, and I mean tie you over because HL2 should be better. I'm saying should, but in my mind it will.

That way I don't think about the HL2 release date, and I won't be bored, and I won't feel sad when I know it won't be until atleast September when it gets released. Prove me wrong Valve, PROVE ME WRONG! Please? :)

I wonder if people will be like this when HL2 goes gold.. :|

"HL2's gone gold? Who cares, STUPID THREAD! Talk to me when I have it in my hands, KTHX"

Somewhere at Valve HQ, Aug. 5th.....

Gabe: Okay guys, we are done. Six years of hard work and anticipation have come to an end, we have all the bugs fixed and we are ready to ship to VU. No more retarded kids wanting a tour of our offices, and no more stupid ass HL2.net members emailing crap like Gabe Gabe, when will the game be bug free, Gabe Gabe, will there be SDK, Gabe Gabe, can I have a lock of your hair, Gabe Gabe, I want the game now WAHWAHWAH ! WE, ARE, FREE!!!
Crew: Yey!
Gabe: I'll just save everything to the HDD and then we can...... oooops.
Doug: Gabe....... hmmm...... did u just delete the game.....
Gabe: We do have the Source engine saved to a floppy right???

LOL pwned :thumbs:

Rafa 5.0 said:
Somewhere at Valve HQ, Aug. 5th.....

Gabe: Okay guys, we are done. Six years of hard work and anticipation have come to an end, we have all the bugs fixed and we are ready to ship to VU. No more retarded kids wanting a tour of our offices, and no more stupid ass HL2.net members emailing crap like Gabe Gabe, when will the game be bug free, Gabe Gabe, will there be SDK, Gabe Gabe, can I have a lock of your hair, Gabe Gabe, I want the game now WAHWAHWAH ! WE, ARE, FREE!!!
Crew: Yey!
Gabe: I'll just save everything to the HDD and then we can...... oooops.
Doug: Gabe....... hmmm...... did u just delete the game.....
Gabe: We do have the Source engine saved to a floppy right???

LOL pwned :thumbs:

I think my* version is better. :)

*Quoted from someone else a long time ago.

Edit: In case someone isn't the brightest crayon in the box, it's in my sig.

dangerousdarrin said:
Everyone just buy Doom 3 to tie you over, and I mean tie you over because HL2 should be better. I'm saying should, but in my mind it will.

That way I don't think about the HL2 release date, and I won't be bored, and I won't feel sad when I know it won't be until atleast September when it gets released. Prove me wrong Valve, PROVE ME WRONG! Please? :)

Tide. Its tide.

EC said:
I think my* version is better. :)

*Quoted from someone else a long time ago.

Edit: In case someone isn't the brightest crayon in the box, it's in my sig.

At least is not a rip off because I never saw your sig before.... :E

nickanderson said:

DAYS LEFT TELL HL2 IS BUG FREE!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Hey.. You're not aloud to say it twice.. It was my turn. ;(

:E

...I hate waiting. Makes me want pie and coffee. Which I have just sitting around but I have to make the coffee and cut the pie...life is hard.

This game better make me cream my jeans because if it doesn't it wouldn't be worth the wait.

I am glad I got UT2k4 to tide me over a lil.

I guess a release date for late august is realistic

no?

ferd said:
I guess a release date for late august is realistic

no?

No. :) A realistic release date would be in September. It would only come out in august if the first RC is accepted, and the RC process at Vivendi only takes a few days. Also, remember that Valve would like a worldwide universal release date, so it could take up to 3 or 4 weeks at the most to ship everything out.

I'd say the 1st would be a little too optimistic. I'm guessing around the 15th would be a little more realistic...

PEOPLE lets be REALISTIC here!

1 August! If any later thatn that I'll have to hag my self.

I'd say mid september, i think thats when the x800XT cards appear in Britain.

KingPing_NOR said:
Yes, but VALVe is in America.....so why Britain?

Just a guess... they are selling HL2 worldwide, not just in America, one of my friends is getting an x800 whenever HL2 comes out, so i guess they'll err make it simultaneous. It seems that it wont be out in August anyway.... :borg:

Lets...see how many bugs are left?

A few bugs left so far

3-> wed. July 28
2-> thur. July 29
1-> Fri. July 30
0-> Sat. July 31

I think the RC will be the first week of August and hopefully the game goes gold in mid-August early September and is out the first or second week of September. Unless they take the weekend off, that would push the zero bug date back to August 2 but I don't really think they look for bugs on the zero date but after that date the game should get over to VU Games ASAP.

I don't think it goes that fast, I rather Valve stay home and finish the bug getting then go to G4's award show. I think it is a waste of time, sure it would be cool to see it in action but it would be better to see it in the store shelf. :borg:

It just pisses me off that I will be playing HL2 when school starts! GRR!!

Hello F's for first quarter! :(

Sub_Lon said:
HL2 available August 21st!
Stop the presses, Sub_Lon has spoken :hmph:
I'm going to shy away from making snide comments, lest I look like a "depressing oaf" but I will say this: I'm with the folks who say Septmember. Firstly, mid-August is a bit optimistic: best-case-scenario, no bugs in the RC, CS:S beta goes perfectly type of thing. Secondly, if you truly build yourself up to this date that you've made up, you'll only get pissed off when it doesn't happen.
I'd like to believe it, but for the moment I'm going to be a "depressing oaf" or "cautious" as I like to call it.

i want it now ;(

an august date would be great, as ill have lot of my money from my birthday and its the summer holidays :D september, however.. would be extremely bad, as its back to school and i have much homework etc...

Yeah, especially when your in university and you don't get home till 11 pm. I wish HL2 would come out before Sept 13, like 5 days before so I can play it through twice before school starts.

why are they trying to release the game everywhere at the same time?! they should release it to america first cuz it takes the least time to ship to and then release it to the other countries as soon as the shipments arrive there

It doesnt make sense with the CS:S beta which people are saying is to test Source although i dont believe that. if HL2 is ment to be bug free in, what 8 days now then it doesnt fit. That is gonner make it the err 5th Aug cba to engage brain or read what others have said but if thats right then all the better. Anyway the CS:S beta comes out 10th does it not 5 days after the first RC wouldnt it be a waste of valves time to send an RC when there still err testing.

I think CS:S is either a) an advertising stunt or b) netcode/multiplayer test and the RC is kind of just for SP aspect of the game and Valve state to Vivendi that any bugs within multiplayer will be sorted through steam on release or what ever. Steam is a streaming thing after all, your not going to be able to play HL2 online without having all the latest updates.

According to recent conversations we've had with Valve's Doug Lombardi, Half-Life 2 will be passed on to publisher Vivendi for final mastering and duplication within days for it's early August target. The official appearance will make store shelves sometime in mid to late September.

In addition, we will be going to Valve to play test Half-Life 2 very soon. We will be broadcasting from Half-Life Radio and will provide screenshots and on-air interviews. More details on this exclusive play testing soon. Keep it tuned to Half-Life Radio.

Quoted from half life source webby

vegeta897 said:
It just pisses me off that I will be playing HL2 when school starts! GRR!!

Hello F's for first quarter! :(

The same thing would have happened if they had released it on September 30, 2003.

They are gonna snag up and delay it. They are like total clown shoes over there. I could bet money on them taking longer than expected.

DAMN THOSE bean BAG chairs

DrunkPanda said:
why are they trying to release the game everywhere at the same time?! they should release it to america first cuz it takes the least time to ship to and then release it to the other countries as soon as the shipments arrive there

Piracy maybe? I'm not sure. Plus Steam is worldwide so if it goes live in US then it goes live everywhere via Steam....(or to quote Gabe "That's the plan" ;))

Why do they even have to wait for it to be duplicated? They could just release it on steam and people could all get it there without the duplication wait! Just force those other people to sit around for their plastic copies to get to the stores while we're half-way done through the game :thumbs:

Quamin said:
Why do they even have to wait for it to be duplicated? They could just release it on steam and people could all get it there without the duplication wait! Just force those other people to sit around for their plastic copies to get to the stores while we're half-way done through the game :thumbs:

They have a contract with Vivendi, no doubt. Detailing that, they're not allowed to sell it on Steam before they sell it in stores.

Shuzer said:
They have a contract with Vivendi, no doubt. Detailing that, they're not allowed to sell it on Steam before they sell it in stores.

I think they should screw VU over and just release it on Steam first.
those ppl that whant there cardboard box are still going to go out and buy it anyway.

*sigh* Why the hell not.....

I wish it could be sold on Steam before Stores!!! Stupid Publisher :( I mean if we have the ATI key we already technically have it ordered so why should we wait for some people to get a damn box and we just wait for no good reason???? :x

Back