what are you listening to right now?

himself said:
this is my thread, right? you dont have to read my posts, right? and you dont even have to look into this thread, right? yeah, good.

~ dredg - same ol' road

I do though, so please stop posting every couple of minutes.

The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On
The inspiration for Will Smith's Miami, but otherwise a fantastic song.

The Cooper Temple Clause - Our Eyes Are Bright
One of their best new B-sides.

A Perfect Circle - Vanishing

then

Blindspott - Nil By Mouth

Does anyone else think that these threads were everyone just lists some random thing are more than a little bit pointless?

for ****s sake.

~ head automatica - everything you ever wanted to know about straight edge
great!

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Dream a Little Dream of Me

yes, this thread is wholely pointless, that what makes it great! :thumbs:

Tabla Beat Science - Palmistry

whop, switched as i was typing!

Mermen - Run, Don't Walk

DarkStar said:
Does anyone else think that these threads were everyone just lists some random thing are more than a little bit pointless?

Yes...........

ComradeBadger said:
Rage Against The Machine - Balls On Parade

LOL!!!

But seriously, Bulls On Parade is an awesome song.

head automatica - head automatica soundsystem
cassius - im a woman
level 42 - love games

nova nova - tones
michael andrews & gary jules - mad world

Sergei Prokofiev - The Knight's Dance (Juliet and Paris' Dance) - Allegro pesante

Chirgilchin - Homudal (men's sad song)
changed as i was typing
Eels - Guess List

am i the only one that thinks this post count padding thread should be closed?

I personally think it's interesting to see what people are listening to, and I like a bit of discussion regarding what people are listening to.

On that note, Eels, heard a lot of hype about them, are they really any good?

The Music - The Truth Is No Words

why should it be closed? do you think its spam?

lamb - gorecki

*edit: yes badg, eels are really good. you should check out their latest album, i think its called 'beautiful freak'.*

ComradeBadger said:
I personally think it's interesting to see what people are listening to, and I like a bit of discussion regarding what people are listening to.

On that note, Eels, heard a lot of hype about them, are they really any good?

The Music - The Truth Is No Words

well, exactly. there is almost no discussion in this thread, it's purpose seems to be just to list songs. i wouldn't mind if this thread turned into a discussion thread, but it's not one right now.

to that point: the eels. well, whether they are good or not is opinion. personally, i enjoy his (it's basially one guy named "E", real name is mark everett) sound, usually. he has one really depressing album called "electro-shock blues" about the suicide of his schizophrenic sister and his mothers dying of cancer. personally i like depressing music :) anyway, his style is tonally most similar to beck and cake maybe.. you'd have to listen to it..

his big hit song was "novacaine for the soul". along with that, other songs i'd recommend t get a feel for the eels are: 'electro-shock blues', 'climbing to the moon', 'fresh feeling', and 'that's not really funny'.

edit: oops!
Grandaddy - Summer Here Kids

double edit!: "beautiful freak" is the eels first album (1996 i believe), "shootenany!" is their latest (2003).

Grandaddy eh.. I think I've got a song by them.

Anyway, hmm, depressing, not my sort of thing tbh. But I do like Beck, so I'm tempted.

Half Man Half Biscuit - Breaking News

ComradeBadger said:
Grandaddy eh.. I think I've got a song by them.

Anyway, hmm, depressing, not my sort of thing tbh. But I do like Beck, so I'm tempted.
eh? not all of the eels is depressing, mainly just that one album. except 'electro-shock blues' the songs i mentioned aren't depressing. as far as grandaddy, if you've seen 28 days, one of their songs was featured in there ('AM 180' i think). grandaddy is one of my fav rock bands. i have 5 of their albums (including EPs), and i don't buy CDs much. they have a really distinctive sound. it's low-fi, but very polished and tuneful. they sound very vaguely like pavement, the flmaing lips and mercury rev.. but just vaguely. you should definitely check them out. "the sophtware slump" is probably their best album, but they're all good imo :)

oh and: Arab Strap - The Drinking Eye

if you are searching for depressing/melancholic music, you should check out the following:

deftones - white pony (alternative rock)
bows - blush (triphop)
unkle - psyence fiction (breakbeat/downbeat/triphop)
any massive attack album (depressing/melancholic triphop)
terranova - close the door (melancholic triphop
spylab - this utopia (melancholic triphop)
dntel - life is full of possibilities (electronic melancholy)
any bohren & the club of gore album (triphop/VERY slow and melancholic)

~ unkle - bloodstain

himself said:
deftones - white pony (alternative rock)

Favourite album ever :)

Although Perfect Circle's Thirteenth Step is really growing on me.

Back