what branch of the military should I join?

Which branch of the (US) Military should I join?

• Air Force

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Navy

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Army

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Marines

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
bvasgm said:
qfmft

I plan on joining the Navy after I go to college and I never want to operate with someone who is so indecisive that they resort to making a huge, life changing decision based off of a poll on an online gaming forum.
Neither do I.

I only asked for opinions. I never said "decide my future". By the way, I wouldn't want to operate with someone who makes unsound assumptions either.

kelt'ar said:
I only asked for opinions. I never said "decide my future". By the way, I wouldn't want to operate with someone who makes unsound assumptions either.
Unsound assumptions? When you make a thread titled "which branch of the military shoud I join?" you're really making it seem like you have no idea what the **** you're doing and that you're asking others to make the decision for you.

If you were just looking for information and opinions, you should have titled it "Which branch of the military would you join and why?"

SimonomiS said:
Yeah! Killing people, cool!

Obviously sarcasm if you read my posts in the other military threads.

xlucidx said:
You should join the L33t Krew :D

Phoenix Connection for life.

Air Force is the best because you get to kill people with little or no threat to yourself.

OvA said:
Air Force is the best because you get to kill people with little or no threat to yourself.

...because every job in every branch is all about killing or be killed.

Qonfused said:
Obviously sarcasm if you read my posts in the other military threads.

Ah, my apologies, I only really scan through them most of the time.

OvA said:
Phoenix Connection for life.

That's not true... especially since we might invade Iran.

OvA said:
No, but cptStern is always right. Always.

yup, pretty much true

OvA said:

yup ...like in this case where they bombed a convoy of retreating iraqi soldiers and civilians. Or the estimated 1.5 million iraqis (500k of those children under 5) killed due to poor sanitation and contaminated water and food supplies due to US bombing of key water treatment plants in iraq prior to commencement of desert storm. But if high body counts is your aim ..you could always join the Mechanized Division and drive a bulldozer

CptStern said:
yup, that's pretty much true ...like in this case where they bombed a convoy of retreating iraqi soldiers and civilians. Or the estimated 1.5 million iraqis (500k of those children under 5) killed due to poor sanitation and contaminated water and food supply due to US bombing of key water treatment plants in iraq prior to commencement of desert storm. But if high body counts is your aim ..you could always join the Mechanized Division and drive a bulldozer

<groans>

Save it for the politics forum.

And besides, wasn't highway of death caused by helicopters?

wow you read all those links in less than 3 minutes ..you really shouldnt comment on this issue without reading the links ..that last one has added omphf ...oh and, no helicoptors

CptStern said:
wow you read all those links in less than 3 minutes ..you really shouldnt comment on this issue without reading the links ..that last one has added omphf ...oh and, no helicoptors

No. I didn't read those links. The point I was making was... save your rants for the politics forum.

And hmm... I could of swore there were apaches involved in the highway of death. Maybe i'm thinking of something else... yeah. probably.

Thunderbolts... warthog. Love that plane.

So i'm curious... you don't support the decimation of the Iraqi troops that happened then, yet you don't give much of a flying **** about the boys that are dying over there by your so called "freedom fighters." I mean... the Iraqi's were invading a country unjusty then, just like you feel america is doing now. Why the huge sympathy over Iraqi's and not Americans? My sympathy lies with the civilian casualties.

Because obviously America is just an evil empire bent on world domination while Iraqi insurgents are fighting for plushy bears, hearts, and candy!

DeusExMachina said:
Because obviously America is just an evil empire bent on world domination while Iraqi insurgents are fighting for plushy bears, hearts, and candy!

I'm talking about the Iraqi invasion army who invaded Kuwait back in the gulf war.

Yeah them too. They weren't "invading" Kuwait! They were just spreading the love!

you could always join the Mechanized Division and drive a bulldozer
That's a great idea. Spares the problem of burying the dead, ends trench warfare quickly.

War is hell stern. That was back in the Gulf War when we liberated Kuwait, if you have a problem with that....no one really cares.

Raziaar said:
No. I didn't read those links. The point I was making was... save your rants for the politics forum.

And hmm... I could of swore there were apaches involved in the highway of death. Maybe i'm thinking of something else... yeah. probably.

Thunderbolts... warthog. Love that plane.

So i'm curious... you don't support the decimation of the Iraqi troops that happened then, yet you don't give much of a flying **** about the boys that are dying over there by your so called "freedom fighters." I mean... the Iraqi's were invading a country unjusty then, just like you feel america is doing now. Why the huge sympathy over Iraqi's and not Americans? My sympathy lies with the civilian casualties.

here's the part where not reading the link makes you look like a fool ..the iraqi soldiers were retreating after saddam had surrendered

oh and and not caring about american soldiers dying in iraq is your area of specialty ..if you did care that your fellow americans were dying because of a lie you'd be outraged. You'd demand that those responsible for starting this war would be held accountable. Your apathy, and those like you dishonour their deaths

MiccyNarc said:
That's a great idea. Spares the problem of burying the dead, ends trench warfare quickly

bravo! you read the first paragraph ..some were buried alive

MiccyNarc said:
War is hell stern. That was back in the Gulf War when we liberated Kuwait, if you have a problem with that....no one really cares.

it's hypocritical to denouce terrorism for it's barbaric acts when you are guilty of the same ...only on a much larger scale.

DeusExMachina said:

I AGREE TOTALLY

This isn't a thread about the gulf war or iraq. So leave that to the politics section.

As for joining up to fly a helicopter...you have to go to college for that and that isn't what he is planning on doing.

Glirk Dient said:
This isn't a thread about the gulf war or iraq. So leave that to the politics section.

As for joining up to fly a helicopter...you have to go to college for that and that isn't what he is planning on doing.
I have a college degree. I didn't major in helicopter flying though :)

Joining the Air Force isn't risk free, but the only Royal Air Force casualty in the actual invasion was from American friendly fire, when someone pressed the button to destroy the plane he was flying without even trying to determine if it WASN'T a missile. ****ing disgusting.

Join the branch of the military thats right for you. I would personally want to fight on the ground ... but thats just my thought ...

bravo! you read the first paragraph ..some were buried alive
So they survived for 4-5 minutes.
Better than getting shot and then lying there for hours waiting for someone to put you out of your misery.
it's hypocritical to denouce terrorism for it's barbaric acts when you are guilty of the same ...only on a much larger scale.
Terrorists, usually, target civilians.
The people being killed in the trenches were not civilians.

Personally I would rather sit in front of a computer than be on the front lines. THerefor I am going into the air force.

Just chose whats right for you.

MiccyNarc said:
So they survived for 4-5 minutes.
Better than getting shot and then lying there for hours waiting for someone to put you out of your misery.

the bulldozers buried the wounded as well

MiccyNarc said:
Terrorists, usually, target civilians.
The people being killed in the trenches were not civilians.

and? that gives them the right to commit war crimes? look, you're either being facetious or you're too immature to understand the inhumanity that your government is capable of. Were the roles reversed you'd be screaming bloody murder

Back