Votes: 19 22.6%
  • No!

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • Cheese?

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters
C

Cutey_Kaite

There have been rumors that the release date of HL2 is Feburary 24, what do you guys think about this?

good...call?

Anyways, I can't see that happening.

Too early for me.

It comes out Feb 30th, I have a very reliable (inside) source that confirms this date.

His name is S. Arcasm.

I know that guy

I dont think Half Life 2 will be delayed till Sept 30th, or will it come out anywhere in Feb, I'll stick with April for now

Cutey_Kaite said:
There have been rumors that the release date of HL2 is Feburary 24, what do you guys think about this?
Sounds good to me...

I think April is a more rumored date for release... so I'll stick with that for now. We'll see what happens as the date goes by :)

bate18 said:
ill stick with my 2005 prediction

I will strike you dead! I say February 24th because I'm desperate for any of the nextgen games

like i just said in the other thread, too good to be true...

ah, good old sept 30,,, that was the good times,
well, hope this doesn't turn into another TF2, i can't help but hope in feb 24 tough...

If you think about, valve said that the SDK will be released in a few weeks, I'm guessing 2-3weeks, if this is the case, feb24th as the release date sounds spaff, april30th at the lastest

If I walked into the game store and saw it was already out on Feb. 24th, I'd promptly buy it, go home, change my pants, and not sleep for the next week.

AzzMan said:
If I walked into the game store and saw it was already out on Feb. 24th, I'd promptly buy it, go home, change my pants, and not sleep for the next week.

You won't even play it? :rolling:

PvtRyan said:
You won't even play it? :rolling:

Oops forgot to finish that, I meant to say after staying up a week staring at the box in a DMT-like trance, I'd finally gather the nerve to pick it up, pop the disc in the computer, and actually play it.

This wait wouldn't be so excruciating if I could at least entertain myself with another game.. Damn I want Ninja Gaiden to come out.. Until then, it's cloud watching and masturbation.

bate18 said:
ill stick with my 2005 prediction

if the pre-alpha leaked in Sept30 was everything Valve have done at that time.. then its very possible that 2005 its the date.
otherwise i think Sept30 2004 its the more safer date.

the problem to estimate a date for Hl2 release is not only that the game can be far from finished , (if the info above is true) ,but that Valve now need to spend great ammount of time in security in the game ,because the source code was said to be released too. if people thought it was easy to cheat in CS ,just wait and see Halflife2 . (if Valve doesnt covers all areas in the game) . We still dont know the level of the situation that Valve is with the Leak. a full game leak+full source code leak can delay the game for years!! which hopefully was not the case of Hl2 right? what i think most probably will happen is that Valve will release Hl2 in parts.. first the single player , and later multiplayer ,with less maps ,missions and features they originally wanted and later the will release patches -every- month or couple of weeks to expand the game and to fix the bugs that the game may have for rushing the game.

Stalker was delayed to Sept2004 too ,and Doom3 for the 2005 fiscal year of ACtivision ,which begins in April 2004. Farcry is the only game that have a chance to be released very soon (February /march) since already there is a SP playable demo.

If that pre-Alpha was everything Valve had finished up to that point then Gabe had no business claiming it would be even close to ready on 9/30. I predict Feb will come and pass with nary a would from Valve and no HL2. 2005 is a much safer bet.

Chris_D said:
Hi,

Most likely, though nothing final to announce right now.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 4:17 PM
To: Gabe Newell; Erik Johnson; Doug Lombardi
Subject: e3 04

Will Valve be making a presentation at E3 again this year?

Chris_D

This makes me nervous. Though it could mean anything (Valve promoting an already released HL2, TF2 announcement, other franchise like cs and DoD promoting stand) I have the feeling this is bad news for HL2. :(

vann7 said:
if the pre-alpha leaked in Sept30 was everything Valve have done at that time.. then its very possible that 2005 its the date.
otherwise i think Sept30 2004 its the more safer date.

The stuff in the stolen build wasn't everything that VALVe had. There was all kinds of content missing from it (Like textures, code and models) that were present in the E3 and bink videos...

WELL!! THERE WE HAVE IT PEOPLE!!

Valve will be making an E3 appearance!!! As far as i'm concerned, that means a release date beyond May.

Back