what do you think about the new screens?

what do u think

• farcry and doom got PWNED

Votes: 191 73.2%
  • great but not THAT great

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • ok

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
er? what new screens?

EDIT: Are you talking about the PC Gamer UK DVD Screenshots??

I've found a certain disreputable HL2 site on the net and they've got most (although not quite all, it seems, yet) of the new screenshots.

I'm impressed.

Is it ok to discuss the content of these screens? Because there are some very minor spoilers in them.

Alyx looks fuglier than I remember. :x Anyway, screenshots hardly ever doing anything for me... they're okay...

Liam said:
Don't like the new faces much.

Huh? I don't notice much if any change. Only reason Alyx looks weird in them pics is cause of her expression I think. And my opinion? They look absolutely amazing, nice job valve

loving the striders all folded up in the drop ships :cheers:

I agree Letters, i think the version of her they have i the binks is far better than the one they have now, which is really unfortunate, she just doesn't have the wow factor anymore for a female game character.

EDIT: after closer inspection she seems more like an old asian woman now than african-american

I voted "Ok" simply because I'm tired of looking at videos and pictures...I wanna play the damn game already....I'm sure many of you will echo this sentimate.

Letters said:
Alyx looks fuglier than I remember. :x Anyway, screenshots hardly ever doing anything for me... they're okay...

You know, I just caught those pics a few seconds ago, and I have to say I thought the same thing. Did they change Alyx? Something looks different or odd about her.

But other than that I think they are pretty nice pics. WOuld be better to see the game in action though.

Where's the "Great but I'm not turning this into some sort of tribal competition of 'which game looks the best'" option?

i wanna see this strider things! someone show me! PM me or something please! is there even a link! :( *cries in the corner*

Robinhood_01 said:
I agree Letters, i think the version of her they have i the binks is far better than the one they have now, which is really unfortunate, she just doesn't have the wow factor anymore for a female game character.

The version of her in the binks is absolutely the same, but in real life, people have different looking faces almost every day. Some day people looked stressed (like Alyx does) some day people look sick, tired, etc. etc. I think it looks awesome to be honest

To quote the G-Man:

"I am impressed."

And Alyx looks better in other screenshots, it's just because of the high res normal maps (which she didn't have the last time we saw her) she has a few wrinkles here and there.

she has more lines like lines comming down her nose to the corners of her mouth

Yes I agree. It looks like her face has changed subtley, she doesn't look as good as she used to.

Why isn't there a positive choice other than "Far Cry and Doom got PWNED" and "great but not THAT great"? Neither of those reflect my opinion.

hmm..
The radiosity lightning ads to the realism for sure..

it's just because of the high res normal maps (which she didn't have the last time we saw her)
Dude, you have no idea of the difference between a normal mapped and non-normal mapped version of this character so STFU about things you don't know about.

would you like 0mGzOrZ ITsz OwNz0rZ ItZ L33t OMG t3h Pwns

I seen another screenshot where her face looked absolutely fine. Like I said earlier, its just her expressions

Have you guys seen all?

No. There are 3 or 4 of her (alyx) where she looks very feminine.

Dropships look badass!, resistance fighter models seem to have improved and the screen-display of breen looks very very good. There are 9 Alyx shots, all have different expressions. She doesn't look masculine at all.

No one said she looks masculine, just that she doesn't look as good as she used to.

And yes, I have seen all of them.

I agree with the theory about the higher res normal maps - she does have some more lines on her face.

Dagobert said:
Dude, you have no idea of the difference between a normal mapped and non-normal mapped version of this character so STFU about things you don't know about.

"Dude" you are a graphic noob.

The faces are all normal-mapped, this time around.

Gregori looks more of a hairy russian now. All characters seem to have wrinkles and extra temples here and there.

Another thing I noticed was the facial hair on Eli's face (very good). It seems some screens are better than others, I guess they were taken on many hardwares.

Lanthanide said:
Woah, Grigori does look considerably different.

Yeah, alyx looks much better. Gregori on the other hand has had a total makeover!

ya i guess they would look different WITH MY FOOT SHOVED UP THERE FAT ASS oh ya it would be cool hardcore

Back