what do you think about the new screens?

what do u think

• farcry and doom got PWNED

Votes: 191 73.2%
  • great but not THAT great

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • ok

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Agent.M said:
No your not alone cause I dont think D3 looks good at all IMO I mean its pretty but not that great when compared to farcry and HL2 and trust me I see games in all there glory on my system. D3 is just to dark and everything looks repetative for some reason there is no depth to the graphics its just well....blah!
You saying I can't see games in all there glory!!!!;)

Alyx still looks the same. The screenshots were in between keyframes. Hence getting "photo-sniped". Personally I like the added normal and bump maps. Some wall textures look a little low res. But holy shit. The graphics are on par with farcry and or d3. Seriously.

Aha!
I have finally found and have seen the magnificent screenshots! They are absolutely the best screenshots ever released by any game.

I had to vote for "great but not THAT great" since the pull, for me, was ruined when "PWNED" was put in there..

Bah. I'm not going to look for scans or suchlike (would rather defeat the object attempting it on my connection, but regardless I'd prefer seeing them on a glossy magazine in my greedy little hands), but I damn well wish they'd release the latest PCG already.

5th October... less than four days away now (yay for the small hours of the day!) but I'm nevertheless impatient.

*consoles self that HL2 lived up to his favourite mag's expectations*

Founf them, I have no words for what I'm seing, that zombiw looks so scary....

Adrien C said:
Founf them, I have no words for what I'm seing, that zombiw looks so scary....
You're welcome, Adrien.

I've only seen one shot (black guy standing with vortigaunt), and I have to admit it looks great, better than Far Cry at the least. But the whole "HURR HURR HL2 PWNED A VIDEOGAME!!!" shit is tired, guys. Poor choices in this poll.

HL2's graphics look great going by that ss though. I'm going to go ahead and avoid the rest though.

In some pics, it looks stuning, but some close ups of barny, they look like crap.

brink's said:
You saying I can't see games in all there glory!!!!;)

No I was just saying that i can, I dont know if you can or not, but I can and D3 doesnt look that great to me.

I still can't find any active links or pages with these images :(

Can anyone please direct me in the right direction?

The screens look very cool :D

I had to vote 'great but not that great' though, however amazing the game will be to play, the screens are not awe inspiringly beautifull, but they are definately very nice.

brink's said:
I guess I'm crazy cause I think CSS looks better then D3

Agent.M said:
No your not alone cause I dont think D3 looks good at all IMO I mean its pretty but not that great when compared to farcry and HL2 and trust me I see games in all there glory on my system. D3 is just to dark and everything looks repetative for some reason there is no depth to the graphics its just well....blah!

As Agent mentioned, you're not alone. The incredibly boring level design in D3, coupled with depressing, dark graphics (though there were some beautiful exceptions at certain points) made for a game that I feel tops out under Far Cry and HL2.

Like Agent, I've also got a top-of-the-line rig, and had the privelage of running D3 and Far Cry at very high graphical settings. I didn't see a single thing in D3 that I hadn't already seen in Far Cry (all the bumpmapped textures, dynamic shadows, and DX9 effects were there), and Far Cry was more fun in terms of level design and replayability, hands down.

The incredibly realistic texturing and lighting in these new HL2 shots absolutely proves how much better than Doom the game will look, overall.

-UnmarkedOne

ok, call me a newb but what new sreens? *dies* someone pm me please!

skumbuzzul said:
Alyx still looks the same. The screenshots were in between keyframes. Hence getting "photo-sniped". Personally I like the added normal and bump maps. Some wall textures look a little low res. But holy shit. The graphics are on par with farcry and or d3. Seriously.
I think they just decided to make her look ~ 32 years old rather than 22 years old.

I had to vote 'great but not that great' though, however amazing the game will be to play, the screens are not awe inspiringly beautifull, but they are definately very nice

what he said.

Alyx looks more realistic now. No one's perfect in the real world. That's the great illusion about this game.

I also liked the little details like Eli's beard, the crap on the floor to simulate dirt and the wear-and-tear from many years; to the lighting at night.

FINALLY found them. Hot damn!!!

I like Alyx now. Looks less like an anime character and more like a person.

Private message me the links.

That's not against the rules, right?

There not that hard to find people quite being lazy and go look!!!

Agent.M said:
No I was just saying that i can, I dont know if you can or not, but I can and D3 doesnt look that great to me.
Just Joking
And I agree with you.

F**KING AWESOME OMFG!!1!!!1111 IT PWNS ANY GAME!!!!11!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :cheers: :D:D

Soljah!One said:
they arent very good

OMG dude your right they do suck bad wow what was I thinking, hmmm O yeah i know what I was thinking I was just trying to stir stuff up and get attention....thats right! :rolling:

I can't believe they were playing on 800x600 resolution.

Back