what do you think about the new screens?

what do u think

• farcry and doom got PWNED

Votes: 191 73.2%
  • great but not THAT great

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • ok

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Wow i hanvt seen any of these screens :/ When will the USA Pc Gamer be out!!!

farcry and doom got PWNED

About alyx i think those pics are from when she is ether scared or worried. The one pic she is smiling she looks normal.

They should have been running at 1600x1200 with an X800 on full.

Barney looks a lot better. I've been waiting for more shots of him for a while.

-Viper- said:
Barney looks a lot better. I've been waiting for more shots of him for a while.

Barney and Eli are two of the most detailed characters in the game now. They both look great.

Well slap me in the face then punch me in the nuts, I liked em.

I liked them. They werent GREAT in the sense that I didn't learn anything new, but they were nice. I think alyx's "new" look isn't a "new" look, i think she is just distraut in those pictures (crying?). Notice how in one of the shots she looks normal. Anyhow ..... i was kinda annoyed to see the dropship and the D.O.G. cuz now I won't be suprised to see them ingame :-(

You only got yourself to blame for looking at them hahahaha! Pwned.

Soljah!One said:
woa, they made alyx ugly yo
Seriously why'd they have to make her look so ugly.. she remindes me some what of this one girl from my work *shudders*
,,,but the screen shots look soooo wicked. I especially like the sick one with the zombie (or is it tortured) guy in the chair.. ick :thumbs:
---
but if Gordon could love a girl like that.... then I guess I can learn to love her too.. (look for the love scene with alyx and gordon) lol

Am I the only one who spotted the stationary combine machine gun turret/barricade that you can operate? And that the resistance guy has a Lambda spraypainted onto his sleeve. :O

Also, the dropship is very hotness.

they're more than beautiful!!!! god, this game is going to rock!!!!!!

Pressure said:
If it's so hot why don't you have sex with it?

That could get messy in more ways than one. :eek:

Still, I've not seen a better design for a dropship in my life, so nurr. :p

Far Cry got owned, Doom 3 didn't. I'm really glad that it looks so much better though, they impressed me. It looks great, it's such a different style than Doom 3 that it will still look amazing, simply because we havn't seen that style done so well before.

Has anyone noticed the weird uneven quality of the textures and models? Sometimes the walls look amazing and sometimes they're hardly detailed at all. Some furniture looks great and some look like blocks. The Combine models look fantastic but the zombie dudes are very undetailed (at least the non-headcrab part). Could some of these models/textures be left over from years ago and some new and they never bothered to update them? It kind of bothers me.

flupke said:
they're more than beautiful!!!! god, this game is going to rock!!!!!!

[fanboy mode]
woohooo!!! I agree, they're great!! gimme the game NOW!
[/fanboy mode]

:bounce:

I like the new screens. The faces look more human then plastic as before. Also note that these screens were just taken while someone was playing, no cleaned-up bullshit. Nice job! I love them!

Gossoon said:
Has anyone noticed the weird uneven quality of the textures and models? Sometimes the walls look amazing and sometimes they're hardly detailed at all. Some furniture looks great and some look like blocks. The Combine models look fantastic but the zombie dudes are very undetailed (at least the non-headcrab part). Could some of these models/textures be left over from years ago and some new and they never bothered to update them? It kind of bothers me.

That's because I'm assuming screens are taken on different hardware. In some pics the alyx model has normal-mapping on the face (the dog one, and Eli's lab ones). In the others it's either quite hard to notice or it's been disabled due to a different hardware (the first person perspective one).

The zombie models weren't all that detailed even before, but that gloss on the headcrab has gone - which was back in the 2003 docks.

Still, I'm happy at the really detailed backdrop and the new Eli Vance model - in the beta it looked like crap, now the buildings and Eli actually look quite detailed and realistic!

Gregori doesn't look that good, though.

lans said:
That's because I'm assuming screens are taken on different hardware. In some pics the alyx model has normal-mapping on the face (the dog one, and Eli's lab ones). In the others it's either quite hard to notice or it's been disabled due to a different hardware (the first person perspective one).

Oh yeah. That makes sense, I guess. Don't know why they were playing on different systems though...

its crazy how the drop/gunships carry the striders, the striders fold up nicely. freakin raining striders, god dammit, i want this game now.

Gossoon said:
Oh yeah. That makes sense, I guess. Don't know why they were playing on different systems though...

They're reviewing the game, it's been like that since I can remember in all magazines; they always test different machines to check out the min. and recommended requirements, compatibility issues, etc... :)

Some screens look awesome but some, to be honest, look crap.
Take that pic with the HeadCrab and the dead body on the wooden floor.
It could have been taken from a 1995 game.

Overall everything looks very low poly.

It still looks to be a very good game tho.

Stop posting the screens please!

I think that Barney looks like Bernie Slaven. Do a google image search for him.

wow Dr Kleiner has a carpet in his Lab!!!1 :O

One of the images looks like great crowbar ownage time, people who've seen the screens will know the one :D

And the new Voutigaunts look great. :cheers: I cant wait to play this game, hurry up VUG and release it :upstare:

Back