what do you think about the new screens?

what do u think

• farcry and doom got PWNED

Votes: 191 73.2%
  • great but not THAT great

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • ok

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
i'd like to vote but i haven't seen them yet, could someone pm a link this way? thanks :)

I wish to play this video game.

Am I the only one on this forum with this wish?

man the screens are incredible, I'm more hyped than ever

Dagobert said:
Dude, you have no idea of the difference between a normal mapped and non-normal mapped version of this character so STFU about things you don't know about.

What the hell? Why this hostility?

And I do know my stuff, I know perfectly well what a normalmap is, I've seen dozens of normal mapped models. This Alyx is normal mapped, just like the G-Man. Why? The light falls very smoothly over the face (see the SS of Alyx and DOG), something that couldn't be achieved with 1500 tri's (the G-Man's head is approx 1500 tri's, from an email I received by the G-Man's animator) but would require normal maps for such subtle per-pixel lighting results.

WOOOOOW!

I love the new screenshot with the hoverboat in the canal and that giant ship and its blue thrusters. Looks incredible.

is is just me or did i see a screeny of alyx apparntly ontop of gordon

LOL OMG S3x0rZ

What new screens?
Have I missed something? I don't see any new screens.

The new screens are illegal, unless you buy PCG UK. That won't stop you from finding them, but you won't be finding them on this site.

yeah... maybe it's from a first person view cutscene or something. Like in hl1 when the soldiers dragged you

guise said:

LOL OMG S3x0rZ

ya i noticed that to i was like......but shes all wrinkly now ugh
lil gordo

check out the internet's #2 half life 2 community for the new screens ;-)

PvtRyan said:
What the hell? Why this hostility?

And I do know my stuff, I know perfectly well what a normalmap is, I've seen dozens of normal mapped models. This Alyx is normal mapped, just like the G-Man. Why? The light falls very smoothly over the face (see the SS of Alyx and DOG), something that couldn't be achieved with 1500 tri's (the G-Man's head is approx 1500 tri's, from an email I received by the G-Man's animator) but would require normal maps for such subtle per-pixel lighting results.

The normal maps are most notable on the bricks in that zombie pic and on Eli's face.

Man, The Eli model is looking really really good - the textures are brilliant! I love the wrinkles on his forehead and facial hair. Alyx's fabric vest looks also very nice.

Not very impressed with Gregori though, he looks too hairy!

I personally think that's Alyx standing above you when you wake up from your coma. Or whatever you've been in.

The lighting effects look very nice, pity the shadow overlapping could not be fixed. Oh well, it's still looks awesome!

Shuzer said:
I personally think that's Alyx standing above you when you wake up from your coma. Or whatever you've been in.
"Wake up, Gordon... Wake up and smell my *ahem*"

j/k :angel:

Shuzer said:

yeeh thats the most likely scenerio, but never rule out a first person perspective love scene

Shuzer said:

Or maybe at the start of a new day, because HL2 is devided into three days, I doubt they keep Gordon running for 72 hours. Even megageeks in power suits can't keep that up, they need their sleep and Star Trek shows now and then.

He did it in HL1, why can't be do it now? Remember he's the same age as he was back then.

Lanthanide said:
He did it in HL1, why can't be do it now? Remember he's the same age as he was back then.

HL lasted less than 48 hours IIRC.

Hmm, you might be right actually. The game starts in early morning, and then there is that part where it's night time outside (and you find the two soldiers talking and you can kill them both really easily - they're standing under green lighting).

I can't remember how far through the game is, but if you were to move at constant speed, you could use that play time as a gauage as to how long the whole incident lasted.

At a guestimate (again, not really knowing how far through that scene was) it probably comes out to around 48-56 hours.

Also, this is a fairly silly speculative point, but I'll make it anyway.

Why are there no screenshots of the G-man? Do we seldom see him in-game? (Or perhaps they just didn't want to take any, but you'd think if he was a fairly frequent char, as in HL1, he'd be in at least 1 screeny).

Im going to walk all the way through this game then, considering I'm supposed to be Gordon Freeman, they'd never get me running for more than 5 minutes, let alone sprinting anywhere!

lazy bastards said:
Can someone pm me the link please ?

um, no. are you really that computer illiterate?

--------------------------------------------------
how many screenshots do you guys have? ive got 46.

the game looks badass. textures are beautiful, why do you think that one dudes face is burned off? perhaps he was pwned by combine torture methods, who knows.

im totally psyched for this game to come out now.

so far, it looks like valve have done a great job, i will be upgrading to gold. :imu:

lans said:
The lighting effects look very nice, pity the shadow overlapping could not be fixed. Oh well, it's still looks awesome!
hey, where did you see the shadow overlapping bug? :( I didn't notice it

I saw them and I hate myself for doing so. :rolling:

I was impressed though. Can't wait! :thumbs:

hmmmm.. must have missed these pics, if someone could pm me with a link

Yeah, they're not scans. That's why I don't understand the mods getting their panties in a bunch over these.

Back