What does your desktop look like?

Originally posted by Evil Beaver
Shuzer are you using Longhorn? It sure looks like it, and that would be ILLEGAL!

Nope, using Windows XP with StyleXP, the theme is called Windows MAX 2003

Originally posted by Echelon
i hate IE. let me guess, it executed the file right without asking you?

Nope, I'm using Firebird, had to save it, and it came up blank

Is your start menu on auto hide or something because i couldn't put up with it being that big.

His screenshot looks resized, which leads me to believe his desktop is atleast 1280x1024 or bigger, which makes a large start menu useable (I run at 1280 with my start menu on the left, couldn't stand to use it like that at 1152 though, so I jumped to my monitor's max res)

how big is your monitor?

BTW can you see my avatar, it's a .png file and I'm not sure if it's supported by default in windows?

nice wallpaper
little intense but im sure you get used to that. :)

I have the Longhorn M4 Plex theme... that's what I was usin' I think in my first screenshot.

Yeah... I like that nuke wallpaper. It's a crazy-ass picture. Nice colors too.

go to www.gamewallpapers.com and goto the A-Z directory then look up a game called Midgard. I dont know what this game is but it has the coolest wallpapers i have ever seen.

Mine!

Yea i just changed mine agian, about the 50th time! lol, I can't stand the XP theme! (looks to childish!)

Yea i know it is bug, i never really had the time to compress it and it is at its standard 1600 x 1200
Desktop

Kinda boring really!

Umm... Okt, I'm praying to the good Lord, Jesus Christ almighty (does sign of cross :p) that your PC specs in your sig aren't current... right?

If so... well, God save your PC!

God no!

I just upgraded!

Intel D876PBZLK
Pentium 4 4.03 ghz (overclocked ofcourse)
1024mb DDR400 (OCZ)
3 120GB Hard Drives (WD) in series 1 Raid
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

That pretty much sums it up!

Originally posted by Ridic
go to www.gamewallpapers.com and goto the A-Z directory then look up a game called Midgard. I dont know what this game is but it has the coolest wallpapers i have ever seen.
it's very possible that it's from Dark Age of Camelot.. b/c there's a realm called Midgard on there.. but don't quote me on that.. like i'm doing to you

wahahahaha!!

and echelon.. that's an awesome theme... how'd you get that stuff transparent like that??

oh hey you're right fen....

neato game..

but i'm stuck on SWG... hahaha

i'm such an addict

Originally posted by Okt
God no!

I just upgraded!

Intel D876PBZLK
Pentium 4 4.03 ghz (overclocked ofcourse)
1024mb DDR400 (OCZ)
3 120GB Hard Drives (WD) in series 1 Raid
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

That pretty much sums it up!

Hmm, that's a f*ckin' crazy-ass system, dude. *Steals from Okt...*

Originally posted by mrchimp
how big is your monitor?

BTW can you see my avatar, it's a .png file and I'm not sure if it's supported by default in windows?

17", .27dpi sadly, 60hz at 1280x1024, crisp enough image for me, it was about the cheapest black monitor I could find about half a year ago (paid $70 for it)

Edit: Here's my latest too :)
http://home.comcast.net/~shuzer/desktopcircle.jpg

Same thing, but I arranged my icons in a circle, looks kinda neat if you ask me

Gotta' love that 'viral' symbol that's on Schuzer's desktop ;)

Ti133700N: How did you get XP to look like that?

He's just using a custom theme (Who knows what is it, StyleXP, WindowBlinds, something..), has a weather/etc taskbar at the top (not hard to find those), and.. some type of active-desktop background that displays his system information..

What'd you find so special about it, Chimp?

err.. oops, lol, double post, accidentally clicked quote.. my bad

I can work out how he has done most of it but it's the fact the top bar doesn't fill the entire screen and that in the bottom left he appears to have a multiple desktop selection both of which I would associate with KDE or gnome. I know stuff like this can be done in windows I was just wondering how.

I can work out how he has done most of it but it's the fact the top bar doesn't fill the entire screen and that in the bottom left he appears to have a multiple desktop selection both of which I would associate with KDE or gnome. I know stuff like this can be done in windows I was just wondering how.

ah, my bad :(

Yea, it's not a theme, it's a shell replacement. And it's not Active Desktop lol, cuz that would suck lol :)

Originally posted by Ti133700N
Yea, it's not a theme, it's a shell replacement. And it's not Active Desktop lol, cuz that would suck lol :)

Shell replacement, same difference :) lol, well not really.. but anyhow

And by active desktop, I didn't mean literal active desktop, just.. something like it, since I'm not so terminological! lol

What'd you suggest for good shell replacement progs?

I've tried LiteStep and Hoverdesk, but didn't really like either of them :(.

Personnaly, I Think LiteStep is the most complete Shell Replacement program. There are modules for everything, you just have to know what you are doing. But since you have to configure everything in text files, it's not visual and can be a little confusing. One of my friend have been using Aston Shell for a while but I prefer DesktopX. It is really easy to configure, you just need to add an icon or a pic on the desktop with a simple right click, Add icon command and then you can customize its properties, like the rollover picture, its link etc...

But the Shell I used on the screenshot is SharpE. It is not the best Shell Replacement cuz you can't customize it as much as you would with LiteStep for example. It has one great advantage: REALLY EASY to use, and it also have a sort of "live update" option. I was using it because it was a beta and I wanted to try it and help the developpers to improve it.

And for the text displayed on the background of the desktop it's another proggy combined with MotherBoard Monitor.

:cool:

Originally posted by [CoHn]FuSeD
So,this is my desktop. Uses a Longhorn theme for Astonshell

Love the classic CS shortcut icon, I haven't seen that in ages..

lol, nice looking overall, except the quicklaunch is a bit unsightly

Back