What does your gf/bfwife/husband/partner think of your gaming habit?

Haha im sure you'd get a toilet/crowbar to the face :p.

But yeah I actually go around boasting to girls how l33t I am on computers games and how I play the games all day. They don't think it's sad at all.

Haha im sure you'd get a toilet/crowbar to the face :p.

But yeah I actually go around boasting to girls how l33t I am on computers games and how I play the games all day. They don't think it's sad at all.
Nope, they just reply with a hearty BAA! and bite another hunk of grass.

My fiancue watched me play through all the HLs before Ep1 came out and she watched me play that too. She's a higher level than me in WoW. We get along game-wise.

My mother says random crap like "You're addicted to that computer. You sit there 'till the early hours shooting people, and don't get to bed until 3 or 4. Then you wake up at 3 in the afternoon and go straight on the computer! You're missing all the sunlight! You need at least...." That's when I tune out and start playing games.

"Don't worry mother dear. The day will come when all of this is useful. My incessant training, my deteriorating hygiene. Yes... the day will come, the day will come... MUAHAHAHA!"

Ha ha... a girlfriend... honestly...

My mother used to tell me not to spend so much time at games, but these days I spend most of my time in 3ds max (at least 4 hours a day), and she realises that it's serious work.

I just priced my my ideal workstation from Alienware and it was E13,600. I've got a lot of waiting with this mediocre 1.7Ghz job.

My mother says random crap like "You're addicted to that computer. You sit there 'till the early hours shooting people, and don't get to bed until 3 or 4. Then you wake up at 3 in the afternoon and go straight on the computer! You're missing all the sunlight! You need at least...." That's when I tune out and start playing games.

Other than that, no girlfriend to speak of to whine at me. "Ooooh, pay attention to me!" Dude seriously? If I were paying attention to you, how would I be able to own everyone?! Flawed logic.

she has a point ..dont waste your time playing when you could be living instead

My better half encourages it - mainly because she gets to watch super DIY home make over extreme edition without me telling her to 'turn that shit off'.

QFT ...awww reality tv how I loathe you and love you at the same time

my wife has no problem with it, mind you I dont spend a heck of a lot of time playing

My gf doesn't say too much about, although she hates it if I go to lanparties because she has to miss me for 3 days. OHNOES! D:

she has a point ..dont waste your time playing when you could be living instead
No she doesn't. I live in the smallest town in great britain. I can't drive yet, all my friends are also online most of the day (as there's bugger all to do), and other than that the main outside spots are populated by people I'd rather not be around with. They're alright people but choose to lead a completely different life than what I'd like to lead.

Not to mention the next biggest town is 13 miles away. And the best thing that has is a 2 screen cinema.

all I'm saying is try to diversify your life a bit ..staring at a screen all day isnt very productive (unless you're being paid or at the very least learning something new)

I think its better being on top10 and gaining the respect of the server than having some bitch yell at you all day. Games are productive too. Theyve given me great creative ideas that I can use in life. Ya... really.

My girlfriend doesn't like when I spend all the time on these forums actually. Or when she's in a phone call and gets interupted by Qonfused leaving voicemails.

Girlfriend doesn't really mind if I go to a LAN cafe or party though if I purposely say I'm busy and all I'm doing is going with some guys to go to a LAN place she might get annoyed, only a tiny bit.. besides, she's into some games, mostly her old megadrive she's had, forever, so much fun playing 2 player micro machines. :)

I haven't really said anything about what I do on the interweb though, and I don't think I will.. /darty eyes

If your gf doesn't mind, your next step is to get her to go a lan place or a lan party, I'm going to attempt it this friday, so there will be either 2 threads, 1 being I'm single and the other that I have the best gf, ever.

So your all against me then! You may think I'm crazy but just wait until the aliens come! Then you will know I was right all along just before they suck out your brains and eat or internal organs. And your toaster has rabbies you jackass.

Dont tell me what I can and can't do punk ass. I have freedom of speech. Isn't that something you support?

This thread has come down with a case of...

ALIEN CANCER!!

12283-4.jpg

My boyfriend likes to tease me about how much time I spend obsessively playing games. But I know he's glad that I'll never complain about the time he spends on the computer/console, because I'm even worse.

It's nice when me and the G/f can enjoy playing WoW together. She just started playing and while she doesnt play it without me, she still says she loves it.

I couldn't ask for more. =)

I would slit my own throat if my girlfriend ever attempted to play video games.

It's nice when me and the G/f can enjoy playing WoW together. She just started playing and while she doesnt play it without me, she still says she loves it.

Next thing you know she'll be going partying all night long with a bunch of orcs and an especially raunchy minotaur.

Lets see what you say when you find her with a Tauren doing quests together.............

I've said it before, it's not dirty, but greasy. There is a difference.
In any case, I find it much more amusing than anyone here seems to.

JNightshade, I will not. Although that said, I probably will. Not because you told me to, but because I don't want too dwell on Dalamari's incessant posting of that stupid image.

Let's not start a war of the egos, right? :cheers:

This isn't a war of egos. This is a war on stupidity. You're a noob. You've only been here for a month, and you don't even have an avatar. Dalamari, on the other hand, is a valued member of the community. He's not just "posting a stupid image"- he's breathing life into an otherwise horribly boring thread. Contrarily, you insist upon taking yourself too seriously, and ruin my forumgoing experience in the process. So stop it, before I give you...

12283-4.jpg

ALIEN CANCER!

All right. But from what I can gather Dalarami doesn't appear too intelligent. Judging from this thread I'm not alone in feeling this. But then I accept that I am a "noob" therefore I recant and apologise for saying what I did.

And what does my lack of avatar have to do with anything? I don't have one because I don't want one.

Back